PDA

View Full Version : How does....

darkcloud_100
08-04-2005, 08:44 PM
How does Tidus and other blitzball players breath under water??
And at the start of the game when he is first took to Spira, when Tidus falls into the water by Baaj Temple and that fat sea monster (Geosagneo or something) almost eats him he says 'Whoa!' under water.

Wes
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
There dreaming or someting lol

Big D
08-05-2005, 12:39 AM
They don't breathe underwater. Professional blitzers can hold their breath for a long time - several minutes, probably, and this is mentioned by one of the Besaid Aurochs.

When you've got a lungful of air, it's easy to say one or two words underwater.

Dreddz
08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
The thing I dont get, is that when you first get to Besaid Island, hes underwater and quickly jumps up for breath liek he was drowning or sumin
But cant he breathe underwater anyway ?
I dont get it..

Big D
08-05-2005, 01:21 AM
They can't breathe underwater. They have to hold their breath. This is a fact, and it is stated in the game.

I realise that a character never runs out of breath while you're actually playing, but that's just for convenience - it'd be a pain if you only had a matter of minutes to explore the various underwater sites without surfacing for breath. Also, many of the underwater locations have Save Spheres throughout them. It's possible that Save Sphere replenish breath the way they replenish health.

silentenigma
08-05-2005, 01:32 AM
i don't know, i alwayse figured they could....yuna's no athlete and she had no trouble in that quite long cutscene....and i didn't see any save spheres in that one.

Big D
08-05-2005, 01:39 AM
i don't know, i alwayse figured they could....yuna's no athlete and she had no trouble in that quite long cutscene....and i didn't see any save spheres in that one.They were only underwater for a brief time. Besides, one of the Besaid Aurochs specifically mentions that veteran blitzers like Wakka can hold their breath for a long time. Apparently, that's what makes them so good at their sport - they can maintain their stamina for a long time underwater, before they have to surface for breath.

If the characters could breathe underwater, then they'd surface with lungs full of water and they wouldn't be able to speak until they bubbled out several liters. It'd be plains silly.

Also, if they could breathe underwater then they'd live underwater. Which they don't.

Craig
08-05-2005, 02:05 AM
The thing I dont get, is that when you first get to Besaid Island, hes underwater and quickly jumps up for breath liek he was drowning or sumin
But cant he breathe underwater anyway ?
I dont get it..

That was after Sin attacked right? My memory is foggy, but he was probably unconcious under the water for a while or something.

Butterflytears
08-05-2005, 02:12 AM
But see that is the fantasy of it, that he can breath under water lol!

syun_ukiya
08-05-2005, 02:50 AM
That was after Sin attacked right? My memory is foggy, but he was probably unconcious under the water for a while or something.
maybe sin's toxin hit you.. hehehe

boys from the dwarf
08-05-2005, 10:53 AM
it is stated that they can only hold there breath for a certain amount of time but i never noticed that tidus said "whoa" underwater.well that just fucked up.

Big D
08-05-2005, 12:33 PM
It's a good thing that nobody inhales when they speak.

syun_ukiya
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
i can't see any problem on that.. aquaman speaks underwater..

Shadowdeathrose
08-05-2005, 01:29 PM
ah u lot it tells u in the game why don't u read it oh and a biltz game only lasts five mins each half and the players can hold there breath up to 10mins

Tidus5
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Dude, hes got gills. Havent you seen Waterworld??

Aerolithe
08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Yes, Big D is right, they can hold their breath for etended periods of time. A blitz game is 10 mins long (ingame), with two five-minute halves... it isn't that hard to hold your breath for five minutes if you train enough.

ThroneofDravaris
08-05-2005, 02:58 PM
You're all crazy.

The water in Spira is really LCL

Fireblade13
08-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Maybe their is exessive dissolved oxygen.

18p
08-24-2005, 08:23 PM
what i dont get is how tidus is so flexable dang!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and also how does tidus jump so high with out even trying

kikimm
08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
what i dont get is how tidus is so flexable dang!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and also how does tidus jump so high with out even trying

Being flexible isn't that big of a deal. As for the jumping-it doesn't have to make sense. Maybe people in the FFX world have an inborn ability to jump high. When you've got monsters, and Sin running around, I don't think that matters too much.

Hambone
08-24-2005, 11:10 PM
it's final fantasy. get used to weird stuff.

ILoveTheYellowChicken
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Maby this Holding breath a long time underwater,jumping really high and talking underwater is the whole reason they call it Final FANTASY

18p
08-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Maby this Holding breath a long time underwater,jumping really high and talking underwater is the whole reason they call it Final FANTASY
lol yeah i think mabey the people who made this game were high when they made it but what ever im happy with it its a funn game

Laugh at face of Danger
08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
They're not fishies, put it that way!

One of the Aurochs states, in game, that professional blitzers can hold their breath for like ages, ya? and when they challenged wakka to do some laps, he did 4/5 (can't remember) easily, when they only managed 1/2.

THEY ARE NOT FISH

<('-')> ~optimistic~