PDA

View Full Version : Vagrant Story...

Dreddz
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Over hyped, or just a brilliant game ?
I got it and was kinda disapointed, I got up to the bit just after you fight the Golem monster and gave up ( My character turned really weak and died all the time, I duno why )
It might just be a complicated Game, but the fact that its all a dungeon and theres no towns shops etc is what turned me off

Anywayz, whats your thoughts ?

Necronopticous
08-04-2005, 11:18 PM
One of my favorite non-Final Fantasy games of all time. Don't feel so bad, I would say that most people give up on this game for the same reason, at some point they start doing 1 damage against a boss and get discouraged. Along with Einhander and King's Knight, Vagrant Story is one of the most difficult games Square ever put out in my opinion. It's almost to the point where it is unforgivingly difficult, and that turns a lot of people off. To me, it makes mastering the game that much more satisfying. I was encouraged to embrace the steep learning curve and I can honestly say that after well over 20 playthroughs of this game, as well as exploration of many other challeneges and crazy tidbits the game has to offer, Vagrant Story is one of the greatest games to grace the Playstation console. The dialogue is arguably the best I've ever seen in a Square game, looking like it had been translated once to English and then finally to medievil fantasy poetry. The story and characters were top notch and some of my favorite and most memorable of all time. I would encourage anyone who has not given this game a shot, or has given up out of frustration to give it a go. Once you understand the weapon building system you'll be set, and it will make the game hundreds of times more enjoyable. Try reading a guide on weapon building before playing, that would probably help, though it is surprisingly intuitive if you really try.

Dreddz
08-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Thats what my mate said, he loves Vagrant Story to bits, he said it was like Marmite...love it or hate it

crashNUMBERS
08-05-2005, 04:06 AM
I always wondered about this game. Is it good?? 'Cause when I was young I used to judge games only by their graphics. And at the time I thought it sucked. But now Im game for anything. So is it good??

Dreddz
08-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Looking at reviews will point out that this is a great game, but I found this to be a very boring game. I think you will like it though...

thw waxing moon
08-05-2005, 01:26 PM
i find it's good the wepion makeing was noe of the hige piontes in it for me

Shoeberto
08-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I've tried playing it through a few times, but I could never get very far before giving it up. A shame, really, since everything about the game was great. It was just too damn hard.

Aphelion
08-05-2005, 06:41 PM
I haven't finished it yet...I'm not very fond of the "make up your own weapons" idea. You have to own many different weapons with different attacking types and attributes, and that does not make me happy... :(

ughhis
08-06-2005, 02:35 AM
The workshop-chest load times and one or two of the block puzzles irk me,
but other than that;

Vagrant Story is love.

Learn how to utilize enemy weaknesses.
Fantastic graphics, script, music, battle system, art and whatevers.

:<3:

black orb
08-06-2005, 06:29 AM
>>> The game was boring and the weird battle system didnt helped too.
the graphics were ok but i think this game should had been 2D , I didnt got into the plot..