PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish

Selphie Fan
08-05-2005, 04:16 AM
Hey are there any Nightwish fans here? They're my absolute fave band! :cool:

tailz
08-05-2005, 08:45 AM
i think there was a thread about nightwish a litlle wile ago well i like them verry much especially their newest album but the others are good to especially oceanborn and century child

FallenSilence
08-05-2005, 09:18 AM
They're not bad.

Rye
08-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I really really like Nightwish, but their new album is nothing compared to their older stuff, where Tarja sang opera much more. Tarja is one of the most talented singers I've ever heard.

Lenna
08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Nightwish are great, I especially liked their cover of Phantom of the Opera seeing as I love that musical. The main singer is very talented as Rye said. I like alot of their stuff but I haven't heard too much as I don't have many of their songs downloaded and the only songs I ever hear are what are downloaded on my pc or what my little sister listens to and she doesn't listen to stuff like that. She thinks it's all gothic etc. So she's a stubborn lil thing :P hehe if I've missed out any good songs blame her for it all ;P

Squall's Gal
08-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't like this band.........................they did a cover of phantom of the opera???

was it any good? like, really? I love phantom of the opera

Chris
08-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I only really liked the song "Moondance".

Pure Strife
08-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I hate that song Nemo with a passion. Though the other stuff I've heard of theirs wasn't that bad, it didn't really impress me that much.

Rye
08-05-2005, 07:11 PM
I hate that song Nemo with a passion. Though the other stuff I've heard of theirs wasn't that bad, it didn't really impress me that much.

Yeah, Nemo is pretty bad. There are very few good songs off their new album. The thing that I liked most on the album was more the orchestra than the actual band.

DMKA
08-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I've only heard one of their songs, an instrumental entitled "Moondance", and it's smurfing awesome.

Do they do like...music with singing?

Zeldy
08-05-2005, 08:07 PM
My friend at school gave me a CD with like.. 80 songs on all by Nightwish so yeah its alot o.o
I like Angels Fall First, A Dead Boys Poem, Dark Chest Of Wonders, WishMaster And Wish I Had An Angel

Selphie Fan
08-06-2005, 03:13 AM
Actually I liked Nemo. It had such a sad feeling to it. And like Rye said, the orchestra was more appealing than the band.

tailz
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
nemo was to comercial for nightwish but the rest of there newest album is great espacially ghost love score it takes a while but is worth the time really

oh and for those who are searching for ff clips there are two with music of nightwish their verry good

oh and moondance is great yes

Taiyou
08-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I love Nightwish. All of the CDs are great, but I like Once and Wishmaster the most.

Chzn8r
08-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Amazing band, I like everything except the (objectively pretty bad) debut album.

Century Child is my favorite, followed by Wishmaster.

I saw a recent live DVD of them (from a Romanian concert) and damn, they really kick ass live. Both Tarja and Marco (the bassist) sing great, and yes they did Phantom of the Opera.

Selphie Fan
08-07-2005, 04:57 AM
It's a shame that I can't see them in concert.

tailz
08-07-2005, 10:37 AM
maybe you can on their next tour just look up at www.nightwish.com when they come to you

i actually have a live cd wich is one out of 400 special edition

i was going to see them this year on lowlands but my parents didnt want me to go because it was to expensive and 3 days are verry long

ZuZu
08-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I love the band and I still remember that band before it wasn't this famous.

Many good songs. I love to listen Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan -song.
It's beautiful... :love: