PDA

View Full Version : The Saint Johns Passion. Everybody MUST check this out.

nik0tine
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/3671039/01_Track_1.wma.html

So what do you think? It's amazing isnt it? Pay attention to the choir, and to the instrumentation. How does it make you feel? What does it sound like to you? Also, when you hear this, do you hear it in color? If so, what color?

Personally, I LOVE this track. The music is almost haunting... it's sounds... restless to me. Once I hear someone describe this track as "searching", and I gave it some thought, and I couldn't agree more. It sounds like someone is searching, desperately, for someone. Someone who is... hiding. Out of fear, maybe?

Also, I do hear this in color. I see it as a deep, mysterious type of blue.

All in all, it's pretty damn incredible. What do you think?

Edit: Does anybody know of a better way to host this file?

Necronopticous
08-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that's pretty amazing stuff. Believe it or not, it actually reminds me a lot of Uematsu.

eestlinc
08-05-2005, 06:57 PM
i've never actually listened to the St John Passion, but the St Matthew Passion is just about the best music ever written.

nik0tine
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I've heard incredible things about the Saint Matthew Passion, but unfortunately, I don't have a way to listen to it. I cannot seem to find it on the internet. Maybe one of these days I will actually buy the album.

eestlinc
08-06-2005, 03:03 AM
I found the final chorus to St Matthew on Kazaa some time ago, but I have the whole thing on cd also.

nik0tine
08-09-2005, 09:38 AM
You people have no taste in music. :p