PDA

View Full Version : Konjiki no Gash Bell

Lionx
08-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Zatch Bell for you dubbed losers D:

Every 1000 years the demon world needs a new king. Hence to decide the new king, hundreds of demons are sent off into the human world with a book. With that book they are to find a human book holder and fight each other until there is the last one standing, and that last one will be king. The book holder and the demons are attracted to each other and fight with the book which if burned, forces the demon back to the demon world. They fight by casting spells availble from the book through their human book keeper. Through this Gash Bell, a demon faces many challenges that changes his and his bookeeper's life.

So who else watches this? Anime-Destiny currently subs this anime even though they release it slow. Folgore is the best character ever man..>_> He made me enjoy this anime way more than it should xD So for those that dont like this series you should STILL at least see the 11th episode. Best one ever. (i dont know if they show the 11th episode as well in english though, i dont like dubs in general). >_>

Chi chi chi chi oopai..boing boing! O_o

http://static.zoovy.com/img/gkworld/W204-H294-Bf3f3f3/a235l.jpg

Rye
08-05-2005, 04:39 PM
It's a pretty interesting show, I watch it time to time, along with One Piece.

omnitarian
08-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Although I am forced to watch the butchered Toonami version, I still think it's an awesome show.

black orb
08-06-2005, 02:19 AM
>>> This is one of those animes I want to see but I have no luck finding it..

Lionx
08-06-2005, 02:42 AM
mIRC and Anime-Destiny is your friend :3

kikimm
08-06-2005, 02:55 AM
Hmm. I've never seen it before, because it looked kind of childish in the commercials, but because you're so enthusiastic about it, perhaps I'll check it out next time it's on.

:D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2005, 02:56 AM
The character designs and overbright colors are absolutely painful to behold.

Lionx
08-06-2005, 02:59 AM
I dont think its that bright in the anime, but the cover art i showed IS indeed bright. I like the animation really especially about something as demons, but its subjective.

Every anime looks childish and dumb on american commercials...but when i see it in japanese it doesnt seem that bad...for example one of them would be One Piece.

Shoeberto
08-06-2005, 03:15 AM
I don't like it much, but I've only seen the Toonami version.

ZeZipster
08-06-2005, 03:16 AM
I saw my brother watching it once or twice. I can't really stand it. It's one of those animes where you feel like the plot never goes anywhere.

Lionx
08-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Its dragged but i feel there is plot movement especially after the 50th episode of this Evil one approaching. Its more good in that people change through their experiences and how Kiyomaro was and is now, hardships and stuff.

crashNUMBERS
08-06-2005, 03:28 AM
Dont watch much of it but I like it. And reason I watch it dubbed is because I dont wanna download clips at the mo' and my bro is still yet to restort it... *Lazy bastard always going to damn clubs :mad:*

Polnareff
08-06-2005, 03:36 AM
The Toonami version isn't butchered THAT bad O_o

Honestly, I think that's a benchmark for Toonami, to get accused of butchering everything (even if they barely edit anything out. look at YYH and Kenshin for instance).

They HAVE to edit stuff or else there would be angry soccer moms complaining, and the channel would be taken off the air. Yes, they could have put this on Adult Swim, but there's not so much bad stuff in it where they would have to put it on there (except for in the first ep, anyway :P ) But anyway....

Ahem.....

In any case, this is probably one of my favorite anime right now for some reason. Maybe it's the way the spells are used in certain situations. Sure, Zatch (yes, I like the name Zatch over Gash. So sue me.) mostly uses Zaker (Zakeru), but in all the fights he has, he uses it in different ways, along with his other spells.

Then there's the way his spellbook gets a new spell every few episodes. I'm eager to see how that will branch out in episodes to come. How many spells will he have in total? That's one of the things I look forward to in the series.

The characters are a weird bunch O_o I mean Suzy (Suzume) is like the most aimless girl I've seen in an anime. Can she BE any dumber? If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the episode where Kiyo and Zatch go to London, and Suzy unexpectedly appears in a double decker bus. She ACTUALLY thinks she's in Hong Kong! >_>;; Wow.

Then Folgore and Kanchome both look weird and act weird on top of it. Folgore acts brave but he's actually just a big chicken ;D

EDIT: Heh, only thing that irks me about the dub is that Zatch has the same voice actress as Jimmy Neutron (Debi Derryberry), because Jimmy and Zatch sound exactly the same >_>;;

Lionx
08-06-2005, 04:04 AM
They edited out the nude parts :P I also dont get the same feeling when they say their spells x_x I dunno maybe its just me.

Polnareff
08-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Yeah, the spells' names are pronounced and spelled funny in English. Wasn't Zatch's "Jikerdor" spell called "Shigeldo" in Japan or something like that? That's what it sounded like to me, at least. I think maybe ShoPro should have maybe just kept the original Japanese spell names, but oh well.

Lionx
08-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Jikerudo. Its way more intense the way they say it and has much more meaning it feels. The joke about how Zakeru and "You have to be kidding me" is also lost in the translation most definietly.

Rye
08-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't think Toonami butchers shows that bad. I love Rurouni Kenshin on it, and Tenchi Muyo when it was on.

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Yet another Anime that will never come to UK