PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? (spoiler)

lockecole
08-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I have just discovered the father of Rinoa is a top military officer, but at this part of the game, my attacks with the gunblade of Squall are causing 75 of damage to my enemies. Is that normal?

Chris
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
What's your levels, stats?

assemblage
08-06-2005, 01:36 AM
yeah, it really depends on your stats and levels. if you have magic junctioned to strength, it helps a lot.

Dr. Casey
08-06-2005, 01:40 AM
I got to Disk 4 without ever Junctioning, because I was 12 and too stupid to understand it. Just whore your GF's.

sparkie
08-06-2005, 03:46 AM
No junction? But that's the core of the system! If you just use GFs you won't be able to beat Ultimecia. Doesn't she null them or something?

lockecole
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Squall's gunblade damage is the same from the beginning of the game and I am on Disc 2. It is looking like my characters do not evolve! I reached this part of the game by summoning GFs and I have seen them so many times that I am even tired.

A person told me I should junction flares to Squall's attack. I don't know how to do that, but I do not have flares anyway, so I tried junctioning thunders to the strength of Zell. The thunders were 65 and Zell's attack damage more than duplicated (from 75 to 175). I am not satisfied. What should I do to damage more?

Dreddz
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
You could be more powerful at that stage, but not alot so dont worry, But in Disc 2 you should start upgrading and junctioning more often...

crazybayman
08-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Equip a GF that knows Str-J to Squall, and this will let your junction magic to his strength. You'll see a huge increase in his damage then.

The reason why you could with Zell is because he has a GF with Str-j learned. Make sure all your GFs are learning useful abilities like the one just mentioned, elem-def-j, st-atk-j, elem-atk-j, etc.

Draw as much magic as possible. Stock up 100 of everything, especially the high magic like firaga (or Fira, depending on what level your at), blizzaga (or blizzara), thundaga (or thundara) etc, ultima, flare, etc.

You can also refine items to get these.

That also requires your GFs to learn certain abilities.

The name of the game is AP. That's what your GF's learn their abilities from. You can fight and get this - by killing your enemies, or by dealing them enough damage so that you can "Card" them (use the card command). Carding them gets you AP, and no exp.

While doing this, draw, draw, draw. Select it as one of your abilities instead of magic, item or GF. Stock 100 of just about everything.

Skyblade
08-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Equip a GF that knows Elem-atk-J to Squall, and this will let your junction magic to his strength. You'll see a huge increase in his damage then.

The reason why you could with Zell is because he has a GF with elem-atk-j learned. Make sure all your GFs are learning useful abilities like the one just mentioned, elem-def-j, st-atk-j, etc.

Draw as much magic as possible. Stock up 100 of everything, especially the high magic like firaga (or Fira, depending on what level your at), blizzaga (or blizzara), thundaga (or thundara) etc, ultima, flare, etc.

The name of the game is AP. That's what your GF's learn their abilities from. You can fight and get this - by killing your enemies, or by dealing them enough damage so that you can "Card" them (use the card command). Carding them gets you AP, and no exp.

While doing this, draw, draw, draw. Select it as one of your abilities instead of magic, item or GF. Stock 100 of just about everything.

Actually, just go with GFs with the Str-J ability. The Elem-Atk-J only boosts your attack against certain enemies.

crazybayman
08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Equip a GF that knows Elem-atk-J to Squall, and this will let your junction magic to his strength. You'll see a huge increase in his damage then.

The reason why you could with Zell is because he has a GF with elem-atk-j learned. Make sure all your GFs are learning useful abilities like the one just mentioned, elem-def-j, st-atk-j, etc.

Actually, just go with GFs with the Str-J ability. The Elem-Atk-J only boosts your attack against certain enemies.

Fack.

Of course.......Str-J......before Elem-atk-J......

*goes back to fix*

Edit: Post #8 is correct now.

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
then ya games busted m8

i think i was lvl 40 somat by disk 2 and taking off at least 1500 or more (but tht was a while ago)

disapointedchild
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Try, junctioning some powerful magic to your str. stat. Some good candidates would be any of the 3rd level magic spells. Meteor, and ultima, are some of the best. 100 of each spell is the best.
Dont worry.

If all else fails it is possible to defeat the whole game, evan optional side bosses with the lowest possible stats, your first weapons, no junctioning of any kind. I am in the process of doing it. And plan on defeating ultima weapon with these low stats. Its possible.