PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Cid in every Final Fantasy?

darkcloud_100
08-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Is there???

Craig
08-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm gonna say no.

darkcloud_100
08-06-2005, 01:11 AM
ok lol

Larahl
08-06-2005, 01:18 AM
There's no Cid in FFI but I think in the others there is one
Not sure about FFII & III though

TasteyPies
08-06-2005, 01:21 AM
There is a Cid in every FF but FF1.....

darkcloud_100
FF2 there is, runs a airship taxi thing in Poft i think

XxSephirothxX
I read in a magazine he was in every Final Fantasy except I, but this was a couple years ago. I don't think that included games like MQ and FFA, but I could be wrong. He's in II-X-2 as far as I know.

darkcloud_100
08-06-2005, 01:26 AM
he is in FF tactics advance as the judge master

TasteyPies
08-06-2005, 01:27 AM
I don't realy consider those games to realy be part of the finaly fantasy series *shrug*

Rengori
08-06-2005, 01:43 AM
In FF1 DoS, there is a small reference to someone named Cid. Alas, he is only mentioned.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah, Cid was retroactively placed into FFI for the GBA version of the game. He's not in FFMQ at all, though. I don't recall whether he's shown up in BC:FFVII yet, but if he hasn't, he's prettymuch sure to as more chapters are released.

DJZen
08-07-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm pretty sure one of the BC missions is you have to go bug him about something.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I remember now. He has mad sideburns.

abrojtm
08-07-2005, 06:46 AM
If you include the FFI:DoS version, then yes, I suppose he is every game (although he still doens't physically appear in FFI).
FFI: One of the ancients that built airship/Sky Castle
FFII: Cool Airship owner teaches you about "Sunfire" and stuff. Also you get his airship late in the game.
FFIII: Airship builder extrodanaire. Give him that Time Gear and you're off that Floating Continent!
FFIV: A foul-mouthed old engineer working for Baron. He gives you your first airship and constantly repairs your ships after that.
FFV: Mid's grandfather and an expert on mechanics. He discovered how to focus the Fire Crystal's power into building a Steam Engine. (He also knows how to make airships turn into submarines!)
FFVI: MagiTek researcher at Vector. Plays a semi-important role for a while.
FFVII: The first Cid that joins your party (don't count FFIII, he doesn't really "join"). Foul-mouthed (again), and one of my personal favorite FF characters. Also a dragoon.
FFVIII: Headmaster Cid, probably the lamest job a "Cid" has ever had.
FFIX: Cid was Regent of the throne of Lindbulm, takes the form of a frog, an oglop, and eventually, a human.
FFX: Redneck Al Bhed who likes to live life on the wild side. Finally Cid reverts back to airships.
FFT: T.G. Cid...I don't remember much about him anymore
FFTA: Mewt's dad in Ivalice. Judgemaster.

Yea, I know no one asked but someone might want to know. :)

ILYAS
08-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Final Fantasy: Spirits Withins
There's also Cid, a scientist

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 07:39 AM
In TSW, he's Sid, not Cid.
FFVII: The first Cid that joins your party (don't count FFIII, he doesn't really "join").Cid Pollendina joins the party in FFIV.
Also a dragoon.Not actually.
FFX: Finally Cid reverts back to airships.Cid Fabul was all about airships in FFIX.

udsuna
08-07-2005, 03:47 PM
He also designed the Highwind in FF7, can't leave that out.

DJZen
08-07-2005, 07:15 PM
He also ran a Garden in FFVIII, and I personally rank Gardens above airships in terms of sheer awesome.

rubah
08-07-2005, 08:21 PM
He also ran a Garden in FFVIII, and I personally rank Gardens above airships in terms of sheer awesome.

And the only thing better than gardens in terms of sheer awesome is the ragnarok and it's two sister ships.

KoShiatar
08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
He also designed the Highwind in FF7, can't leave that out.

The Highwind belonged to Shinra, so I strongly doubt Cid designed it.
He probably had a hand in re-designing it after the end of the game when it gets seriously damaged, since in AC he speaks about a "new model".

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Cid designed it; Shin-Ra just put up the money for it. As if the fact that his last name is Highwind, along with the fact that he immediately took charge and knew how to operate it as soon as the party acquired it, weren't enough, there's this exchange.

CID: $*#&! First the Airship, then the Rocket, and now, the Tiny Bronco. Shinra took outer space away from me and now you want to take the sky away from me too!?
RUFUS: Oh my... You seem to forget it was because of Shinra, Inc. that you were able to fly in the first place.

He also refers to it as "my airship" once the party acquires it.

valentine
08-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Cid is an engineer who works in the Bastok Metalworks in FFXI

DJZen
08-16-2005, 07:57 PM
And he bears a strong resemblance to Cid Highwind as well.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Cid :
FF1 (DoS) Mentioned as the creator of the airship.
FF2: Guy in Poft
FF3: A Scholar I think..?
FF4: Party Member who is Rosa's Father I think.
FF5: Cid and Mid!
FF6: Guy in yellow trenchcoat Dies in the beginning of World of Ruin
FF7: Party Member who owns the Highwind.
FF8: Headmaster of Balamb Garden
FF9: Cheats on his wife and gets turned into many different monsters (Makes the beginning airship)
FF10: Rikku's father, discovered airship
FF11: In the Metalworks, he plays a big role in making the War Airships in the Chains Of Promathia missions.
FF12: We'll see

DJZen
08-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Wait, Cid in FFX MADE the airship? I thought he just discovered it...

abrojtm
08-17-2005, 05:33 AM
He did just discover it. It is the device that you and Rikku go into that is underwater after you are rescued from Baaj Temple by the Al Bhed. Cid and the Al Bhed obviously renovated it, however.

Sorry about my Cid mistakes ;).

UltimateSpamGrover
08-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Sorry about mine aswell, I'm rusty on my Cid.