PDA

View Full Version : What are you afraid of?

NotAqUaKeRuSa
08-06-2005, 05:11 AM
I've always thought that I had irrational fears as a child, but a few years later some of them still remain.

-I can not go into a dark house, no matter what.
-I will not stay in the same room with one of those eerie dolls that have the open and close eyes.
-I sometimes get that feeling that someone/something is watching me.
-If a knock at the door comes, I'm slightly hesitant to look through the blinds or open the door.

What are some of you guys' fears?

P.S.- If this is a duplicate thread I apologize.

GooeyToast
08-06-2005, 05:12 AM
Waking up dead

rubah
08-06-2005, 05:13 AM
walking off from high places (somehow, this isn't a fear of heights, it's a fear of losing my head and then rapidly NOT being high up anymore)

also, the floor beneath furniture that was recently removed from it. It's like, if you move the bed, the floor beneath hasn't been used in so long that it will collapse beneath you:OO

kikimm
-I will not stay in the same room with one of those eerie dolls that have the open and close eyes.
-If a knock at the door comes, I'm slightly hesitant to look through the blinds or open the door.

Wow. I have those same exact fears. Less so the second one, but still. =D I'm still horribly afraid of the dark. /is lame.

Also, if I'm alone, I refuse to answer the phone because it might start saying things like "I can see you right now."

:D

Meat Puppet
Waking up alive.

edit: dammit

Hawkeye
08-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Spiders

Kirobaito
Growing up.

GooeyToast
Clever clever Mr. Meaty.

I am also afraid of those little dish sponges that can scrap your skin off. :cool:

NotAqUaKeRuSa
08-06-2005, 05:20 AM
I think the reason many people are afraid of the dark is because they fear the unknown.

I always get the feeling that I'm being watched from someone out there in the dark, so it is sort of a double whammy with the being afraid of the dark/watching thing.

I won't open the blinds because I'm afraid there won't be someone there (I know VERY lame).

I also have this weird fear of clowns, maybe because of "It".

kawaiileena
08-06-2005, 05:56 AM
What I'm afraid of?

- When I get ready to sleep, and then, I can't sleep, and I get the feeling 'something' is going to appear in front of me.
- In a room when there are a lot of dolls, where I get the feeling they are alive or something.
- Walking in a hall where it is SO dark
- Heights

I have many, but I'll take them personal for now.

kikimm
08-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Also, I'm really afraid of the ocean. I don't like going to the beach anymore. Creeps me out.

:D

Mitch
08-06-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm afraid of Final Fantasy

XxSephirothxX
08-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Growing up.
That, and aging to the point of senility.

GooeyToast
08-06-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm also afraid of falling off the earth. No trips to China for me. :(

Ryth
08-06-2005, 06:22 AM
UHeights, girls, and telling people anything personal about myself.

DeBlayde
08-06-2005, 07:12 AM
i'm afraid of failing. when i was in school, and I failed, no big deal. I take the class again. Now, I'm out of school. My wife, and soon my daughter, depend on me wholly for their health and wellbeing, for if I'm not working, we're not eating. If I fail, I don't lose my GPA, I lose my wife, my child, my whole universe.

Stakes are higher now.

even so, I never let my fear keep me from doing what must be done. Fear never motivates me, never keeps me from doing something. if I'm scared of a tricky kicker on a slope, i'll hit it that much harder. Get worked to hell, but i'll still hit it.:D

Medi
08-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm afraid of dark rooms, ghosts, I also have feelings that something is watching me :whimper:.

Slothy
08-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Spiders. The only time I can go near a Spider is to kill it with a large wad of kleenex, and not even then if it's on the ceiling (it could fall on me after all). Aside from that, there aren't really any fears that aren't rational. I'm not afraid of heights, but at the same time I'm not about to walk along the edge of a very high roof, whereas there's really no event in my life to explain my fear of Spiders. It's a very irrational fear, and as a friend of mine has pointed out to me, I'm probably the most rational and logical person he knows.

Rye
08-06-2005, 05:39 PM

You sound JUST like me. I have all those fears too. Even the dolls thing. I'm afraid of dummies and clowns too. And rollar coasters. :p

Jebus
08-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Heights. One time I had to sit in the top of the bleachers for a school assembly, and I couldn't look down or I'd get a slight case of vertigo. Any higher, and I'd start hyperventilating, etc.

Also, sometimes if feels like I get pulled toward cliffs and open windows on upper floors. Like something is trying to force me to jump.

Meat Puppet
08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I like to go to high places because I'm scared of them I think. I used to like to sit on my grandparents roof when I was a kid and look down because it gave me this orgasmic feeling of being alive. Sort of. It's hard to explain, like - my feet start trying to make me jump but I've still got that power over them to say no bugger off and then they're like jump you chicken bastard and then they get really mad and start electricuting me it's really quite the experience.

Aphelion
08-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm afraid of Teletubbies and flies taking over the world. Well, not really.

I'm really afraid of dying without oxygen. It's true: I'd hate to die suffocated, at the sea or something...Just the thought makes me cry. Again, not really.

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Im afraid of dying........simple

Tama2
08-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Oceans and lakes. I can't be on, in, or even look at them (in person) without being scared.

Shoden
08-06-2005, 06:03 PM
i know i'm not scared of heights i went up a mountain

insects give me shivers but not in fear

hmmmm maybe being badly hurt or something

Craig
08-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Spiders.

I can even trace it back. When I was quite young, the old guy from next door was in my house, and he told me there was a big Spider in his Bathroom. At the time I wasn't too fond of Spiders anyway, but I decided to brave it and take a look. So, I get to the Bathroom, peer over the side of the Bath, and see this huge Spider crawling up the side towards me. I ran back into my house screaming, and I couldn't sleep properly for days.

It didn't help when a few days later I stumbled out of my bedroom half asleep, brushed past a wall, then looked down at my arm to find another huge Spider on my sleeve. Again, I ran screaming pulling my top off as fast as I could.

mike without a hat
08-06-2005, 07:28 PM
spiders in the bathroom are terrible, and then after i see any bug i get really paranoid that there are tons of other bugs all around me but thats not really a fear i guess, oh well

and i have a fear of drowning and failure(not like school grades but other stuff)

Silmaril
08-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm afraid of:

-being alone in a room with a cockroach
-clowns
-things crawling over me
-bending over near the door only to have it pushed open ,resulting in my head getiing slammed and getting concussed.

-Getting my eardrum pierced coz someone jostled my arm while i was using a Q-tip.

and the list goes on and on...

Zeldy
08-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Not so much, actually
-Daddy long legs
-Big Spiders
-Cannabalism [Hannibal lector o.o] *dies*
-Embarrasment

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I am scared of the dark. My sister scared me when I was younger with the whole Bloody Mary thing which made me scare to sleep in a room with mirrors in it. Also I am kinda nervous around heights. Scared by the paranormal yet ever in love with it.

Mercen-X
08-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm far too arrogant to be afraid of anything. I could have a serrated blade slitting my throat and I'd be more tempted to laugh.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a masochist. I despise the thought of pain and the thought of suffocating or drowning. When I go, I prefer my killer be an axe-murderer. Being beheaded is the only way to go. Hahaha.
But being serious, I'm afraid of trying. Most often when I try, I succeed . . . but I'm always afraid that if I try, I will fail. That fear is paralyzing. It's been two and half years since I graduated high school and I'm too damn afraid to go out and look for a job because I'm afraid I'll screw up somehow. It's ridiculous.

Craig
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Either that or you're just lazy.

Mercen-X
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Easily disproven. When my dad needs help with construction jobs, I gladly volunteer. When my grandma needs help in the college cafeteria, I don't make a fuss. When my mom got her boss to hire me at Accubanc, I was the best employee they had. I did so well, that they "let me go" because there was no longer enough work for me to do. Damn it. I knew I should have just hidden some of those files in my desk.
Also, if I were lazy, I wouldn't have bothered helping my uncle move. He's got some damn heavy furniture. My cousin and I had to handle their washer and dryer, and we also had to move his two refrigerators.

Spammerman
08-06-2005, 09:44 PM
I've always thought that I had irrational fears as a child, but a few years later some of them still remain.

What are some of you guys' fears?

P.S.- If this is a duplicate thread I apologize.
i have those same fears.
Im also a little bit afraid of oceans.
I have a huge fear of ehights, excpet when Im in planes.
I am creeped out by windows at night, cause its not the window, just what could be on the other side of the window.
I also dont like open doors, cause something could just pop in from nowhere.
Im also afraid of dummies and clowns, Clowns and dummies are creepy, cause they always smile, who would want to wake up and see something just stairing at them smiling.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I have no idea what im afraid of. I have racked my brain on this subject before and have found nothing. I mean thats not to say I have my fears when I am about to do something, but I dont really consider them so much as fears, instead I think of them as just being nervous.

DMKA
08-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Politics.