PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone in the game like Squall?

Peter_20
08-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Iīve always thought of this as pretty strange; Squall acts like a total ass a lot at least during the first disc, and still it seems as if everyone likes him a lot and stuff.
Sure, he might look pretty good, but people donīt like you only because of that.

Meat Puppet
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Because he's got a scar on his face and people think he's retarded and old people complain when people be mean to retards.

Wilder
08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
two words, Good hair

Chris
08-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I think many view him as a good leader; someone they can look up to. Everybody needs someone to look up to and Squall does have some good leader qualities.

Peter_20
08-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Then what gives him his leader qualities?
I thought he mostly stood there quietly, watching what the others were doing.

Chris
08-06-2005, 10:32 PM
He knows how to take affirmative action when it's necessary. That's the greatest quality a leader can have.

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
I dont like Squall, how on earth would you have a decent convo with him without him talked to his imaginary friend in his head...

zbonks
08-07-2005, 12:00 AM
well he does change so maybe ppl like him afterward

Chris
08-07-2005, 12:20 AM
well he does change so maybe ppl like him afterward
No he doesn't.

Polyonymous
08-07-2005, 12:33 AM
It's because he is the hero. I didn't really like him much in the beginning of the game, but the fact that somebody in the game liked him enough to dance with him makes him a little more likable. Cid also takes a particular liking to him, along with Quistis. Though it's not until you help save Ellone in the training center that he starts becoming more likable.

Thats my theory anyway...

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 12:02 PM
sqall is a very likeable person to other people in the game but he hardly cares about anyone and keeps all of his personality to himself.he is a good leader but doesnt want to lead and people like him because they want to get to know him better(good luck on that!) at the end of the game sqall is completely changed though.

Selphie Fan
08-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Because Squall's the hero and in video games most of the supporting characters like the hero.

Squall's Gal
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Actually, they just accept that squall's the leader and imitate him a bit. He's their leader, or at least the guy with the leader qualities. They don't dislike anyone. They just accept that he's the way he is, except rinoa, and she helps him be the real him.

MAS82587
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
squall is nothing but a bitter asshole throughout most of the game, and in real life no1 would have ever thought of him as any kind of a leader.

Discord
08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Squall's ok, but he is no leader. Like Rinoa once said, Squall might stay in the desert prison just because noone ordered him to escape. I like him because of his limit break, but other than that, he's clearly not on the coolest-character-of-the-year list.

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 01:18 AM
i don't like squall much either. look at how he dresses! i mean come on, leather jacket with feather collar and pants smothered in belts? wutta JACK@$$!!

and look at his weapon. it's like he couldn't decide whether to shoot someone or slice them to pieces. that's sick.

and he chooses rinoa out of all the girls to love. rinoa is kind of a ho, didn't she have somethin goin on with siefer? geez, nice job with the crappy rebound, squall.

and what's with that scar on his face? i bet he payed siefer to do that to make himself look more badass becuase he has a low self esteem. psh wutta loser.

and look at how many belts he has! i mentioned the belts before but geez, way to overdo it! is he trying really hard to buckle in his beer gut or something? he might as well wear one of those things that old fashioned ladies wore to make them look skinnier. i forgot what they were called but it just tightens their body to get rid of their girth.

he also is really really stupid. come on, he asks the PLAYER to take his SeeD tests instead of doing it himself! and the questions are easy as hell so why can't he do them? because he's RETARDEDDDDD DOYYY

the END!

disapointedchild
08-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Square got to him, before the fans, who knew.
Just say ok and move on, thats what I did.
Loneres are cool.

Skyblade
08-08-2005, 06:57 AM
squall is nothing but a bitter asshole throughout most of the game, and in real life no1 would have ever thought of him as any kind of a leader.

You must not know many leaders. Lots of leaders are bitter @$$holes.

Kilika
08-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Squall packs heat.....and not in his gunblade.

Peter_20
08-08-2005, 11:09 AM
i don't like squall much either. look at how he dresses! i mean come on, leather jacket with feather collar and pants smothered in belts? wutta JACK@$$!!

and look at his weapon. it's like he couldn't decide whether to shoot someone or slice them to pieces. that's sick.

and he chooses rinoa out of all the girls to love. rinoa is kind of a ho, didn't she have somethin goin on with siefer? geez, nice job with the crappy rebound, squall.

and what's with that scar on his face? i bet he payed siefer to do that to make himself look more badass becuase he has a low self esteem. psh wutta loser.

and look at how many belts he has! i mentioned the belts before but geez, way to overdo it! is he trying really hard to buckle in his beer gut or something? he might as well wear one of those things that old fashioned ladies wore to make them look skinnier. i forgot what they were called but it just tightens their body to get rid of their girth.

he also is really really stupid. come on, he asks the PLAYER to take his SeeD tests instead of doing it himself! and the questions are easy as hell so why can't he do them? because he's RETARDEDDDDD DOYYY

the END!

Damn, I seriously canīt find out whether youīre serious or sarcastic...!

crazybayman
08-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I think many view him as a good leader; someone they can look up to. Everybody needs someone to look up to and Squall does have some good leader qualities.

He knows how to take affirmative action when it's necessary. That's the greatest quality a leader can have.
Yes. He makes logical, rational decisions when everyone else is in a mad panic.

You must not know many leaders. Lots of leaders are bitter @$$holes.
There ya go.

He's also very calm and collected. He makes rational decisions when they're needed. And he kicks ass, which is another big reason why people admire him. He seems to be the type to not accept failure, therefore he strives to be the best he can be, (which is probably the best SeeD ever, who knows), and people admire his abilities and strength.

He's probably the only one who stands up to Seifer, (and Seifer does portray the typical bully), and therefore wins the hearts of everyone.

Sure he's shy and introverted, but he's not exactly mean.

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 10:24 PM

the END!

Damn, I seriously canīt find out whether youīre serious or sarcastic...!
lol i was kidding, squalls my best fighter and i thought it was funny when he told quistis to go talk to a wall. lol. so yeah it was all just jokes (except for the dressing part. what kind of idiot wears so much leather with a feather collar, geesh)

scooby
08-30-2005, 03:10 AM
originally Posted by G SpOtZ
i don't like squall much either. look at how he dresses! i mean come on, leather jacket with feather collar and pants smothered in belts? wutta JACK@$$!!You're judging Squall on how he dresses? How incredibly shallow of you. It's a good thing that I'm not going to judge you on how you spell....

And for what it's worth: I think that Squall's jacket is beautiful. Very vintage.

and he chooses rinoa out of all the girls to love. rinoa is kind of a ho, didn't she have somethin goin on with siefer? geez, nice job with the crappy rebound, squall. I don't think that Squall chose to fall in love with Rinoa. It doesn't really work like that....

Rinoa had two boyfriends in as many years; how on earth does that make her a "ho"? Atleast we've now established that you're a sexist as well an illiterate.

Raven Nox
08-30-2005, 04:35 AM
originally Posted by G SpOtZ
i don't like squall much either. look at how he dresses! i mean come on, leather jacket with feather collar and pants smothered in belts? wutta JACK@$$!!You're judging Squall on how he dresses? How incredibly shallow of you. It's a good thing that I'm not going to judge you on how you spell....

And for what it's worth: I think that Squall's jacket is beautiful. Very vintage.

and he chooses rinoa out of all the girls to love. rinoa is kind of a ho, didn't she have somethin goin on with siefer? geez, nice job with the crappy rebound, squall. I don't think that Squall chose to fall in love with Rinoa. It doesn't really work like that....

Rinoa had two boyfriends in as many years; how on earth does that make her a "ho"? Atleast we've now established that you're a sexist as well an illiterate.

He said he was kidding, read up a bit.

I actually liked Squall, but, I just like characters like that, I was kinda like that once.

G SpOtZ
08-30-2005, 04:41 AM
some people (scooby) obviously aren't smart enough to realize that what i said was a joke. geez, what happened to sense of humor these days.....
and insulting me cuz of my spelling? NERDDD!!!! XD
look at my earlier post, it SAYS i'm KIDDING. damn.

squall is a leader because he can make decisions and for some reason, everybody looks up to him. they find him strong and powerful, physically and with words. he's also probably been one of the best students, even if he was one of the quiet ones. this causes everybody to look up to him and follow him.

Skyblade
08-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Some people (scooby) obviously aren't smart enough to realize that what I said was a joke. Geez, what happened to people's sense of humor these days..? And insulting me because of my spelling? NERDDD!!!! XD
Look at my earlier post; it SAYS I'm KIDDING. Damn.

Squall is a leader because he can make decisions and, for some reason, everybody looks up to him. They find him strong and powerful, both physically and verbally. He's also probably been one of the best students, even if he was one of the quiet ones. This causes everybody to look up to him and follow him.

I don't have too much of a problem with your spelling, but you could really work on your punctuation, capatilization, and word choice...

Why shouldn't people look up to Squall? People with his sense of duty don't come around too often. Argue that he's a mercenary who fights for money, not duty, all you want, but during the Garden Wars, Squall chooses leading the Garden over saving Rinoa, despite his feelings for her. It's his friends who make him do otherwise. Heck, he chose to lead the Garden because of a sense of duty. He didn't want to, and he could have simply refused, but he did it because it was the task that he was given to do. He also saves a lot of people's butts during the attempted coup by NORG, which is a probably part of why so many of them look up to him. He's also fiercly loyal to his friends, and will do anything to help them provided it doesn't interfere with his job (or at least, not until he loses Rinoa completely. But, c'mon, you saw how he was like then. How good of a job could he have been doing leading the Garden? He couldn't have been focused much on the task, and they were at a dead end anyway...). He may act like a jerk sometimes, but I don't find it hard to believe that he commands as much respect and admiration as he does.

Christmas
08-30-2005, 01:15 PM
There gotto be some genes in him from his father which might be Laguna.

Laguna is alway popular and people look up to him.

So it is possible that he got "the special ability to attract people" from his father. :D

Oryxxx
08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
He doesnt get caried away so easily as selphie or zell; dont forget he is a mercenary so it's normal he's like that.

Kamiko
08-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Nah, he just wears tight leather pants.
That and his obvious love for Seifer make him any love-starved fangirls dream.

blackline77
08-31-2005, 02:51 AM
cuz hes a pimp.

Rinoa_Heartillly
08-31-2005, 07:22 PM

the END!

Lol! I love ya, you make me giggle! XD

....I still don't know why I like Squall, I guess it's just that I like guys with his kinda of personality. Heck his personality is better than a cocky jock.

Captain Maxx Power
08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Funny, all those Galbadian soliders/monsters/sorceresses from the future sure weren't trying to kill him and be his buddy at the same time.

blackmage_nuke
09-01-2005, 08:46 AM
i like him cuz he can do lionheart, and its hilarious when he gets angry at the members of his team

Laugh at face of Danger
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
not again

for goodness' sakes, everyone has their own opinions on the characters in the game, but these threads are seriously getting on my wick. They appear every god damn week all about the same thing, as soon as one dies, another is reborn.

coz he's lovely

Rinoa_Heartillly
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
not again

for goodness' sakes, everyone has their own opinions on the characters in the game, but these threads are seriously getting on my wick. They appear every god damn week all about the same thing, as soon as one dies, another is reborn.

coz he's lovely

True, true. But mostly people do this cuz of some facts:

1. They are bored.
2. They want attention.
3. They are still bored!

Eh, people are strange, that's all I can say.

Christmas
09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
not again

coz he's lovely

The forum can't live without it. :D

Skyblade
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
not again

coz he's lovely

Hey, I tried to give a logical explanation. If you think that these threads shouldn't be here, then don't post in them. Certainly don't add to the spam total by giving an answer like "coz he's lovely"...

Laugh at face of Danger
09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
that's the most times i've seen a quote of mine used

and i knew someone would say that whole "don't post in them" but i'm bored too! :whimper:

and i don't do it to annoy anyone, I'm just annoyed that people can't think of anything more original to post about, i would post a new topic if i was around often enough and satisfied that it would get suitable audiences, but as none of mine do, i choose not to post.

blackline77
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
same here, my posts for some unholy reason never attract big crowds. the most responses iv'e ever gotten was 34 i think.

Dr.M
09-04-2005, 07:58 AM
He's a rebel!

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't really like him as he's rude. No, not *that* Rude, I mean rude as in impolite.

If he was Rude I'd like him a lot. Bald men is TEH SEXORZ.

But Squall is mean.

I like Selphie. She reminds me of Rikku.

G SpOtZ
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
nobody likes squall.

Kamrusepas
09-12-2005, 05:52 AM
I always wondered about that too. If I knew him irl, I'd probably hate his guts :D

xtreme112
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM

I can't agree with you enough!!!
Squall is so cold that it's funny. I would hate someone like that leading me around. and not only that but he was completely pussywhipped by rinoa

Light Mage
09-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Exactly WHAT leadership qualities does Squall have?
WHY is he the leader and able to keep the loyalty of all the other people?

Be specific now...
;)

Skyblade
09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Why shouldn't people look up to Squall? People with his sense of duty don't come around too often. Argue that he's a mercenary who fights for money, not duty, all you want, but during the Garden Wars, Squall chooses leading the Garden over saving Rinoa, despite his feelings for her. It's his friends who make him do otherwise. Heck, he chose to lead the Garden because of a sense of duty. He didn't want to, and he could have simply refused, but he did it because it was the task that he was given to do. He also saves a lot of people's butts during the attempted coup by NORG, which is a probably part of why so many of them look up to him. He's also fiercly loyal to his friends, and will do anything to help them provided it doesn't interfere with his job (or at least, not until he loses Rinoa completely. But, c'mon, you saw how he was like then. How good of a job could he have been doing leading the Garden? He couldn't have been focused much on the task, and they were at a dead end anyway...). He may act like a jerk sometimes, but I don't find it hard to believe that he commands as much respect and admiration as he does.

These are his leadership qualities and why people look up to him, Light Mage. Don't people ever bother to read my posts?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
The best leaders are a bit of an A$$, but Squall is kinda cool about the way he does it.......I think.......Good hair too.......Great style as well..............ill shut up now...

Chibi Angel
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I think the main reason why Rinoa and Quistis would like Squall is because they people persons, they like to talk to everyone and have everyone talk to them and when they try to get through to Squall he shuts them out so it poses a bit of a challenge, and sometimes you get alot more attached to something that you have to work for to get.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Everyone likes or at least looks up to Squall because everyone has had a chance to. They've all been at Balamb Garden for who knows how long, everyone knows Squall. Everyone has had the chance to see the he is a loner and keeps to himself and gives off the persona that he doesn't give a rat's ass, and they've had a chance to look past that and see that his actions speak differently than his personality. Squall says he doesn't care about people, but then he does things like calm Irvine down, save Zell in the D-Distric Prison, and get really mad when Seifer is "executed." He's probably been doing that for some time, and everyone knows that. It's kind of like being friends with a drama queen, you like the person you just have to get past the parts where he/she throws hissy fits about dirt being on his/her shoes. I can imagine that most people who meet Squall don't like his at first.

Painless
09-22-2005, 07:59 AM
nobody likes squall.
He's 100% right.

Winter Nights
09-23-2005, 12:13 AM

These are his leadership qualities and why people look up to him, Light Mage. Don't people ever bother to read my posts?
If it makes you feel better, I read it. Best answer in here. :)

nobody likes squall.
He's 100% right.
My hatred for you knows no bounds.

Strawberry_Mew
09-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Cuz he's awsome ^_^ One of my most fav leaders in a final fantasy game XD

ljkkjlcm9
09-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Now, considering SEED was pretty much a military, let's look at it in terms of that. In the beginning of the game, he was a trainee, and did what he was ordered to do in training, and did it amazingly, such as a great fighter and knowing battle tactics.

Then when he became SEED, he was the group leader, more or less and NCO, because Cid told him what needed to be done, and as any good NCO, he did it without question, even if he disagreed with it, because he wasn't the officer in charge, just the person who carried out the orders.

As he proved his skills as a fighter and knowlegeable person and people looked up to him because he did exactly what he was supposed to, no questions asked, he cared about his people, and did what he thought was best in the situations. Not only that, he gave power to people in situations when it was necessary, because to be a good leader, you have to give away power to the people who know what they're doing in a situation. THEN, when he became leader of the SEED at Balamb, he gave general orders, then allowed the people below him to carry out these orders, and do what every necessary to fulfill these. HE was a good leader, because he was a good follower, and he didn't abuse his power. IN fact, he hated being in charge. And the best leaders, are the ones that don't want it, but know what they're doing when they have it. Whether you like it or not, Squall was really the perfect leader and follower, and therefore easily gained more respect to be an even better leader. Never abused his power, and did what he was told, no matter what.

THE JACKEL

Shadow8017
09-28-2005, 05:40 PM
it made sense to me. People respect other people with personal strength which Squall had alot of. And looking really cool helps too.