PDA

View Full Version : Higher Magic = better Draw success rate?

Peter_20
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
I tried this thing the other day, and it seemed to me that if I raised my Magic Stats, the characters got more and more likely in drawing 9 Magics per Draw.
Those with really poor Stats didnīt succeed very well at all.
Is there a connection here?

BG-57
08-07-2005, 01:51 AM
It would certainly explain why Zell's so lousy at Drawing.

rubah
08-07-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes. it also helps with the success in casting status magic.

Skyblade
08-07-2005, 04:44 AM
It also helps when Drawing Magic from Draw points. The higher your magic, the greater the chance of drawing 15 of a spell from a draw point.

High magic is good for more than just dealing damage with spells (which is good, because spells aren't much good in this game).

Peter_20
08-07-2005, 09:33 AM
spells aren't much good in this game

t3h WORD! :D

This is great news!
I was always annoyed at the charactersī sucky attempts during the Diablos and Fake President battles;
"Draw failed", "Zell stocked 1 Demi", "Draw failed" etc.
Now thatīs gone, wee-ho! :)

* White Aeris *
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
so thats why Squalls drawing 9 and Quitis 2! i just thought she did to annoy me!!!

rubah
08-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually, spells come in useful. Especially when you're doing a low level game, but every time you attack you kill the monster xD For example, my level 9 or so Squall does about 280(or is it 370?) damage with blizzard against a thrustaevis. If selphie hits him for another 60 dmg, then he's ready to be carded.

Skyblade
08-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Actually, spells come in useful. Especially when you're doing a low level game, but every time you attack you kill the monster xD For example, my level 9 or so Squall does about 280(or is it 370?) damage with blizzard against a thrustaevis. If selphie hits him for another 60 dmg, then he's ready to be carded.

Yes, if you are specifically attempting to do low amounts of damage, they can be useful. But in terms of straight out gameplay, the Junction system negates their effectiveness.

crazybayman
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Yes, if you are specifically attempting to do low amounts of damage, they can be useful. But in terms of straight out gameplay, the Junction system negates their effectiveness.
Yup. Its not a good idea to be casting Meteor or Ultima when they're junctioned to your Str-J and Elem-Def-J.