PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Chris
08-06-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.filomusica.com/filo21/final.jpg

I just watched this movie again yesterday and I was wondering: Why did it get cramped the way it did when it was first release?
I mean, the movie looks STUNNING, and the characters are very likeable.
The voice overs sounds excellent (especially Ming-Na as "Aki Ross") I thought it was a stunning movie.

So, any thoughts?

XxSephirothxX
08-06-2005, 10:35 PM
1) It wasn't what fans expected. This was the biggest problem.
2) It was a bit dull in many places. It was...well, somewhat boring.
3) So many main characters died, and that's a turn off for a lot of moviegoers.

Pure Strife
08-06-2005, 10:38 PM
It was not related to FF in any way. None of the concepts, traditions or worlds of FF were used, thus it didn't feel like FF at all. It felt more like Aliens. Which was a good movie, but for those of us expecting badass sword swinging and people throwing fireballs left and right it was a huge dissapointment.

Although like Azar said, it wasn't all that exciting in itself. Not bad, but a bit dull.

Chris
08-06-2005, 10:39 PM

1) - Yeah, I kinda agree with you there.
2) - Do you really think so??? I was thrilled the entire movie through.
3) - Yeah, but Aki Ross' character lived. xD

Tama2
08-06-2005, 10:48 PM
It was not related to FF in any way. None of the concepts, traditions or worlds of FF were used, thus it didn't feel like FF at all. It felt more like Aliens. Which was a good movie, but for those of us expecting badass sword swinging and people throwing fireballs left and right it was a huge dissapointment.

Although like Azar said, it wasn't all that exciting in itself. Not bad, but a bit dull.

It had Gaia, you knows, the lifesteam.

Cloud No.9
08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
it was all very wooden.

kikimm
08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
I really, really like it; but I saw the movie years before I even got into Final Fantasy, so maybe that had something do with it, in a way. I think it's a great movie, very well-done, but I seem to be a part of the minority here. Too bad.

:D

nik0tine
08-06-2005, 10:57 PM
The movie wasn't very good at all.

XxSephirothxX
08-06-2005, 10:58 PM
1) - Yeah, I kinda agree with you there.
2) - Do you really think so??? I was thrilled the entire movie through.
3) - Yeah, but Aki Ross' character lived. xD

I was considerably younger when I saw it, which could make a considerable difference. I did find it a bit boring in some places, but overall an enjoyable film. It definitely wasn't bad. I don't think a lot of people hated it; just not that many people went to see it. And while having a lot of characters dying isn't neccessarily bad, it's so unusual for your average Hollywood movie that people get turned off by it. :\

Chris
08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I remember how many of my "Final Fantasy" friends were bitching about how Cloud, Chocobos and Moogles were left out. :mad2:

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 11:04 PM
It dosent even have a connection or any similarities with the games, so the Final Fantasy name is used for nothing
The movie didnt even have any Chocobos, I forget if there was a Cid ?
I would of liekd a Medievil Setting as well....

Chris
08-06-2005, 11:07 PM
First of all it did have some hints of Final Fantasy in it - the Gaia thing, with the souls returning to the planet (FFVII) and there was a Cid.

:cool:

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh..OK

I forgot a fuck load of the movie...

Chibi Angel
08-06-2005, 11:49 PM
It was a big disappointment for me, it jsut didn't seem like the final fantasy theme at all.

Frozen Flame
08-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Despite it not having a FINAL FANTASY theme at all, I enjoyed the movie.

UWAOOOOU
08-07-2005, 12:54 AM
I was at my peak as an FF fanboy and even I thought it was terribly boring.

Masamune·1600
08-07-2005, 06:02 AM
I forget if there was a Cid ?

One of the central characters was Dr. Sid, voiced by Donald Sutherland.

Aidan
08-07-2005, 11:27 PM

why the hell didnt they use a phoenix down. no one EVER had a problem doing that in the games. wtf is up with that. we all know wed be carrying 99 phoenix downs with us. rofl.

UWAOOOOU
08-08-2005, 02:11 AM

why the hell didnt they use a phoenix down. no one EVER had a problem doing that in the games. wtf is up with that. we all know wed be carrying 99 phoenix downs with us. rofl.Phoenix Downs dont literally revive dead people. They wake up unconcious people.

Shoeberto
08-08-2005, 02:45 AM
It was just a really radical departure from the style of FF games, which turned away fans.

It was more "hard" sci-fi, as opposed to a light popcorn flick, which turned away everyday moviegoers.

That's prettymuch why it failed.