PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Yahoo Pool League.

Lenna
08-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Okay after a brilliant idea from Kyono, he suggested that we have tournaments for yahoo pool with EoFF members.

As having previous experience with running tournaments etc I have created a league for EoFF.

Currently I am the HA (Head Admin) for this but I will require at least 3 Admins and about 4 Tournament Directors.

Anyone who enjoys playing Yahoo pool and will also have the time to help out with running tournaments are welcome to join.

Atm if anyone wishes to become an Admin or TD on this league then either post here or go here:

http://www.myleague.com/eoff/

The current room we will be using to do tournaments will be Achilles Last Stand ( linked here : http://games.amishdonkey.com/play.php?room=pool_105&prof_id=1 )

I hope for alot of support in this from all the members who like playing Yahoo pool :D

Thankkk youuuuuuu

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Sounds pretty cooshtie.....

Lenna
08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
cooshtie? what does that mean ;o

Dreddz
08-06-2005, 10:58 PM
cooshtie means good....

Lenna
08-06-2005, 11:00 PM
ah right lol thanks :P It'll all go ahead when I've got the Admins and TD's I need to run it because I can't do it on my own ;o

kikimm
08-07-2005, 12:55 AM
I briefly thought about suggesting this myself, some time ago. xD

I suppose I'll participate. Pool's always fun.

:D

Doomie
08-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Sure.

Can we make it a best of three though? Sometimes people screw up and pot the black ball and the opponent wins out of fluke.

I'm not pointing fingers, but their names rhyme with likimm and fRye.

Sepho
08-07-2005, 04:57 AM
I'm game.

-N-
08-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Achilles Last Stand is the one of the most epic Led Zeppelin songs. <3

It's always seemed kinda strange to me to play pool online (who's better at clicking and dragging), but if you need help administrating, I can lend a hand.

Lenna
08-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Sure.

Can we make it a best of three though? Sometimes people screw up and pot the black ball and the opponent wins out of fluke.

Anyone who pots the black ball and it's unfairness on yahoo pool leagues usually count as re-racks (which means the games are redone but yes best out of 3 will be fine but only if the person pots the black ball when they're not supposed to) If they pot the black on their last shot (if they're on the black) then I will not allow it.

Can you four do me a favour please, go here www.myleague.com/eoff
and click Free Sign-up: I'd suggest using an email you don't mind getting spam to or that you have a spam filter on, as when participating in tournaments you will need bux to enter (depending on the TD hosting) to get a great amount of bux you will need to tick all boxes or drop downs which will give you about 500 bux in total.

Once you have signed up to the league I will set admin statuses on those who have volunteered.

Please bear in mind you'll need to sign up with a name that is related to your Yahoo Pool name and possibly your EoFF name (if you can link both together it'd be fine, so we know who's who etc)

Thanks again for your support ;D

Rye
08-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Sure.

That happened ONCE! I won the rest of the times fair and square. >:o xD

But yeah, that's an unfair rule.

Doomie
08-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Sure.

That happened ONCE! I won the rest of the times fair and square. >:o xD

But yeah, that's an unfair rule.

Hey hey, I never said it was you...directly.

kikimm
08-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey, likimm and fRye just can't help but be that cool. Sorry, man.

My yahoo name just happens to be my SN here, so it womn't be a problem for me. =) Do you have an idea of when this will start, Lenna, or is it just "Get the people first and then we'll set a date?"

Lenna
08-07-2005, 06:54 PM
In order to actually mark the room as our own we need 100 members. But until then we can play in there until we get that amount of members which is fine.

But once I've added the Admins to the League list and managed to get at least 4 td's then we can start the league up. It's just a matter of getting the staff first then the members and we're off.

Once I've got the TD's and the Admins (which I already have) I'll then contact you guys and tell you how exactly we run the tournies etc. Then we can start. It all depends on people volunteering, so try and encourage people as much as you can because it will be a lot of fun.

But yeah, we need all the support we can get, and let me remind people that when we do tournies they are logged on the myleague.com/eoff site, so out of every member participating (they have to be registered on that site to participate) the people who play most/win the most will get shown on the stats of the site. So anyone could be Player of the Month etc. ;D

We will have different types of tournaments :

Normal tournaments - anyone in the league can play normal rules
Rainbow tournaments - Rules will be specified in the tourny information, pot one colour at a time in that specific order.
One vs One challenges (these are called league games) - one member challenges another and the loser reports to the league site, giving the winner a higher rating
Boy vs Girl competitions - monthly tournaments depending on how many members that actually show up in the room at the time, the people who sign up to the tournament will play.
Big Bux tournies - where the winning prize is a large amount of bux for the winner (let me remind that bux is the amount people need to pay (they're not real money just the league money) to enter tournies, some tournies can do free.)

We can get more idea's because there are different tourny rules etc to a game. Any idea's are welcome but right now it's just a matter of getting the members, admins and td's.

Again thanks for your support with this. ;D

Doomie
08-07-2005, 07:08 PM
The name is do_omie ;] Oh, and I'll be an admin or TD, I guess. ;]

EDIT: Instead of creating a league, why don't we manage it like Neel did with the chess tournament?

Lenna
08-07-2005, 07:38 PM
creating a league is much better because it shows stats etc automatically by the td reporting. And I was thinking about putting you down for Admin Del Mordor. Doing it without the league itself would make it alot harder to keep track of all the scores etc and the best players of the month. Because this would be an ongoing thing not just once every so often.

PS : You and Kikimm are now admins. Anyone else who's wanting to be an admin or TD please sign up and I'll add you to each list but please ask in here first otherwise you'll just be a member of the league. ;D I can't guarantee people will get because I need 2 more admins and 4 td's.

YukiKiro
08-08-2005, 07:38 AM
count me in. yukikiro22

Lenna
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
count me in. yukikiro22

If you wish to be part of the staff you will need to sign up here in order for me to add you to the TD list. www.myleague.com/eoff/

Could Neel and Sepho please sign up too if you wish to be on the admin team. I can't do anything until people sign up on there. Otherwise I'd be doing your passwords and redirecting them all to me and I can't do that. I don't know what you want your passwords to be and I don't know everyones emails.

So pleaaaaaaase sign up because it'll make my life alot easier.

kikimm
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
All right I think I've got everything set up, so whenever you're ready to go, just tell me what to do.

Psychotic
08-08-2005, 08:37 PM
I joined because I always beat Doomie and kikimm.

YukiKiro
08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
i signed up.

Lenna
08-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Right I've just found out I can't assign TD's unless you apply for td position so if you go to the site and click Tournament Directors and click TD Application, (leave it blank) and send it and I'll automatically accept the first 4 people (the admin's don't bother cause you're already admins :P)

WildRaubtier
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Sure, I'll help you out some.

Lenna
08-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Cheers Cbc - You've been made a TD :D

Head Admin:
Lenna
Admins:
Del Mordor
Kikimm
(Waiting on Neel and Possibly Sepho)
TD's:
Cbc
(Waiting on YukiKiro) (dunno if psy's going to be TD)

so if those people sign up it'd only really leave 2 people to get the Staff.

Then we just need the members and we're ok. We'd need at least 10 members to start doing the tourny's but then they'd have to be in the room at the time of the tourny. (so I'd notify people on here of tourny times etc.)

Loony BoB
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
If anyone is wondering why they're getting emails from loony_bob@yahoo.com, it's because Lenna is obsessed with me.

WildRaubtier
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I know I would be ;]

YukiKiro
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
where do i go to be a TD? i can't find it.

EDIT: nevermind, i found it :D

Lenna
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Right I'm so sorry to do this. But the room I found had a league already and I've searched for another room but they're all taken. ;(

So I've decided that I'm going to take the advice from Del Mordor etc, and I'm going to do it all manually. It'll take time, and preparation but I'm going to do it.

What we'll do. Is have a fortnightly tournament which gets posted here, and results posted here etc. And I will keep track of all the scores etc.

So I'm now going to give a date for the first tournament. When we do this we will need as many people as possible, and everyone here for this date / time (if you feel you cannot participate after you've entered, please let us know at least an hour before it starts. So I know if it can go ahead or not.) Give me some idea's on how you want this done, all at once, or each round spaced over a few hours?

Starting from now. Who wants to be in the next tournament and it will be next week.
You can all help me with the times as I don't know who's in what timezone etc. Please help me out with this guys. I'd really appreciate it.

Now the admins etc will help run the Tourny if they are about and this means if they're about, they can go and watch the other players on each table etc, and help reporting back to me. So I can keep track of Results.

This is something I'm willing to put time and effort for everyone on this forum. I'd really appreciate the support and a little help. As this is my first time running anything this big and social. I'll give you all cookies for it ;D

Thanks again.