PDA

View Full Version : Fight with Velius.

nik0tine
08-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Okay, Wiegrahf has just turned into Velius for the first time and he just whooped me. What are some useful strategies for this battle? Right now I am having my two Lancers jump on him while everyone else tried to get the hell out of dodge. Also, losing any of my party members is NOT an option. I do not want anybody to die, so what are the best strategies to get through this battle with no casualites?

Wiegrahf42
08-07-2005, 04:23 AM
I used a standard strategy. Before the battle I set up Ramza as a Chemist with auto potion and the max amount of x-potions (this way whenever he is attacked Ramza will heal himself for 150hp) He was also equipped with the best gun I had and had "guts" as a secondary ability. During the duel with Wiegrahf I had Ramza get out of range and begin using "yell" to max out his speed. At this point he had had about four turns for every one Wiegrahf had. Ramza shot Wiegrahf mutiple times and defeated him easily. With Velius, Ramza should have about five turns in a row so fire away while your other characters hit him with everything they've got.

Sasquatch
08-07-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm the same way -- I want to keep my characters through the whole thing. I still have all of the people I had at the beginning, other than the ones I stripped naked and let go.

Nik, we're at the same point. I just did this. I beat Wiegrahf by dropping all my Potions and Hi-Potions and putting Auto-Potion on him, then just jumping. (Before I came here and found out that was an actual strategy, mind you!) I also have another guy that can do Jump -- actually he's an Archer with Equip Spear and Jump on him, so he's good enough. After that, I have my Wizard/Summoner (Wizards have the highest Magic Power, and Summoners are slow) with Move - MP Up and everything she can get to increase her Magic Power (I think it's like 14) or Elemental damage (put the Magic Gauntlet or 108 Seeds (or whatever) as their Accessory -- it'll either increase their Magic Power by 2, or strengthen all Elemental spells/summons, respectively), a real Archer (Mustadio -- that way I can use his Snipe, too, and I've found Don't Move to work on Velius), and Agrias as a Knight, of course with her Holy Knight skills. Just keep in mind, spread your guys out so he can't call Cyclops and damn near kill everybody, but be careful about Lightning Stab, as it may also cause Silence, and if he can't summon Clops, he turns a character to stone each turn. Yay. But the Jumping is a big thing, so keep that up, and don't worry about the other three unless you can prettymuch kill them with one hit or summon. And you'll like the next battle too.