PDA

View Full Version : Did you steal from the kid in the Sector 5 slums?

Bubble_Tea_Tifa
08-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Of all the little things that you can do in FFVII...cross dress, flush toilets, run on tredmills, swim with a dolphin, and get violated at the honeybee manor, how could you steal 5 gil from a poor slum kid?

...terrible.

(sorry if this is a repeat thread, if it is...please delete! ^_^)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 05:44 AM
The very first time I played through that part of the game, sure. But then I found out he gives you a Turbo Ether later if you don't.

Bubble_Tea_Tifa
08-07-2005, 05:46 AM
The very first time I played through that part of the game, sure. But then I found out he gives you a Turbo Ether later if you don't.
I didn't know that! :grinpink:

Slade
08-07-2005, 07:13 AM
I always take his gil. 5 more gil for my wallet

G SpOtZ
08-07-2005, 07:29 AM
what's that kid gonna do with that gil anyway. oh wait, buy you a turbo either.....

wait a minute, why don't ALL turbo eithers cost that less!?!?!?! just kidding he probably found it somewhere. but if i were the kid i woulda kept the turbo either or sold it.

Reles
08-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I took it because I didn't know he gave you something if you didn't. Oops.

Mercen-X
08-07-2005, 09:39 AM
what's that kid gonna do with that gil anyway. oh wait, buy you a turbo either.....

wait a minute, why don't ALL turbo eithers cost that
Stealing the kid's gil discourages him from saving his money 'cause he figures people'll just continue stealing from him. Leaving the gil encourages him to build up his funds until he can afford a Turbo Ether (that you can't even buy in the game 'cause it's not available in stores and you can only sell them for 1 gil each) which he decides to give to Cloud because he thinks he can save the world with it. Wow. Someone cares that the main character is trying to save the world. I didn't know that could happen in an RPG.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 11:54 AM
i always nick his money but if he saves it up for an expensive turbo ether which takes many battles to get the money for ill nick it of him later on :evilking: :radred: :evilking: :radred: :evilking: .

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 12:35 PM
a Turbo Ether (that you can't even buy in the game 'cause it's not available in storesRead.

Aidan
08-07-2005, 01:09 PM
i took it. mainly because i knew he gave you a turbo ether my second time through, since i didnt take it the first time. i got alot of turbo ethers hunting around cosmo canyon, in case anyone didnt know where to get em. theres alot of places you can get them. that one mountain place behind yuffies home town (drawing a blank for some wierd reason. im really tired.)

Dreddz
08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
He probably would of spent it on Drugs
Did that poor sod a favour

Aidan
08-07-2005, 02:43 PM
too true.

Dark Matter
08-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Who knew there's a Turbo Ether without preferring to strategy guides? So, I would collect it, not steal it...

... cross dress, flush toilets, run on tredmills, swim with a dolphin, and get violated at the honeybee manor ...
run on treadmills? when? I forgot. and also, play with piano, talk to chocobo to get the first summon materia, etc ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
You can use the treadmill on the company spa-type floor in Shin-Ra Tower.

MushroomZOMBIE
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I didn't steal from the kid.I knew there was something better than gil.....a needed item for free.Anyways,you can also kick the soda machines in the Shin-Ra Tower.The same floor as the treadmill.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
If you put Gil into the vending machine, it'll just eat your money (which is why you can choice to kick it), but when you come back at the end of Disc 2, you can check it again and collect a Mind Source and a Speed Source.

MushroomZOMBIE
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
That was fun.Beating the crap out of a vending machine.I wish I could duplicate the Sources with the W-Item Glitch.But you can't use them in battle :( .......

zbonks
08-07-2005, 07:26 PM
i didnt steal it from the kid because i didnt kno there was a kid who you could steal money from if i did kno about it i wouldve stole it from him :)

Aidan
08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
i know, if you could dupe sources, youd be pretty much invulnerable.

KoShiatar
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
You can get sources by Morphing enemies in the sunken plane, so you can get invulnerable anyway...

fantasyjunkie
08-08-2005, 02:41 AM
I saw it, took it, spent it. :)

Mercen-X
08-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Who knew there's a Turbo Ether without preferring to strategy guides? So, I would collect it, not steal it...
That's referring. How do you get the 5 gil without referring to a strategy guide? You just do. The same is true of the Turbo Ether. In my case, I was in a hurry one day and forgot to get the 5 gil. I came back to Midgar later and remembered the 5 gil and tried to take it, but it wasn't there and the kid wasn't asleep and he gave me the Turbo Ether and I was like, "what a dumb kid."

Mr. Graves
08-10-2005, 03:47 AM
The very first time I played this game, I stole it, but then I found out that it was just a bloody 5 gil. It wasn't worth it.