PDA

View Full Version : Is this the greatest FF or what?

Chris
08-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Well is it? I mean, so much happens in this game.
From the Evil Forest to Madain Sari - everything just seems so perfect. Seriously, whenever I play the game I always spend at leat 70 hours on it; I can't get enough. The story is just so enchanting and the characters are magnificent! I can see myself playing this game for the rest of my life.

So?

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 02:05 PM
i realy liked FF9 and it was one of my first but i find it realy hard to say a favourite FF.but i did realy enjoy the storyline and gameplay and locations of this game.

Aidan
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
uhmm. its not bad. a good game, just not worth playing again imo. but FFVII and FFX, thats another story! those were better i think. FFVII has probably the best story in any FF game, and so does X, they are the best oens for their storyline and overall gameplay. IX would be after them.

Karl
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
sure is, (i seem to remember a similar topic in a thread called popularity :D )

auronfan1
08-10-2005, 08:08 PM
i like it but its not better then ffx, this one card game sucks

Rostum
08-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes, this is my favourite FF game.

Craig
08-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Love it. And the first meeting with Black Waltz 3 pretty much doubles it's greatness.

Chris
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I can't state strong enough how much I dig this game. :love:

XxSephirothxX
08-11-2005, 12:20 AM
It's by far my favorite, but I think that, overall, VI is a better game. I can't pick any other RPG I've played that I enjoyed nearly as much, though. It's superb.

kawaiileena
08-11-2005, 03:58 AM
Absolutely! To me, mind that, FF9 is the greatest FF. It just has a better storyline that FF7 and FF8. I have played the 2 said games before FF9 and I still think that this Final Fantasy where there's a monkey tail is the most greatest FF I have ever played. But that's my opinion. I'm just voicing out my point of view.

So yeah, back at your question, yep! This is the greatest FF! I would replay it if our Playstation isn't broken.... :cry:

Karl
08-11-2005, 04:18 AM
lol, i had the same problem, playstations are so cheap now, i got a used one for $18 at funcoland or w/e its called now, so i been playin ff9 for a couple weeks :D

Thorn
08-11-2005, 06:26 AM
The game is brilliant. The gameplay, the way you learn techniques is especially good.The music is by far the best out of the FF's (7 close behind). But the only problem is that they had a few unpopular characters.

Zidane - Tail...need I say more. Well actually I do, I found that other than his appearance (eg.Extra large hips and girlish features) he didn't have the charisma that Cloud and maybe even Squall had.

Dagger - I think people found it annoying how she and Zidane never got together, there wasnt much of a romance. Tifa and Aeris were absoloutley in love with cloud, and Rinoa didnt try to hide her feelings for squall either. There were a few times she got intimiate, but not enough.

Steiner - Ok this guy was plain annoying, he did tend to get a bit better towards the end where he decided that Zidane was not such a bad guy, but its people like him that discourage people to play final fantasy 9.

Vivi - One of the better characters, Cute, Vunerable, how could you hate em?

Freya - She wasn't TOO popular but I found her concept interesting. She was some sort've rat (lol dont know actual race).In ff7,ff8 they were all human. It was nice to have a different race.

Quina - His, or her character concept was pretty dumb. Some fat freak who felt obliged to go on a deady quest in order to find more frogs? Atleast the other characters have an excuse for joining the quest.

Amarant - Came a bit too late in the game for me to warm up to him much. General character concept it cool.

Eiko - Alright...Kind've annoying but she later learnt that dagger outclassed her so she decided to shut up.

Kuja - Kinda femine. But a cool villain none the less. Mainly because when Bahamaut attacked him front on. He bled a tiny bit and then laughed. Nah he was cool all over.

But overall.

1.FF10
2.FF7
3.FF9 <----- (3rd! Pretty good!)
4.FF6
5.FF8
6.FF10-2

G SpOtZ
08-11-2005, 08:56 AM
eh. ffvii blows everything away just because it's more classic. (AFTER the previous ffs)

ff ix was good but there were plenty of parts that i just didn't want to go through the second and third time around...

kawaiileena
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
eh. ffvii blows everything away just because it's more classic. (AFTER the previous ffs)

ff ix was good but there were plenty of parts that i just didn't want to go through the second and third time around...

I don't remember any parts where it's kind of boring or any type of expression where it seems not interesting... I always thought all scenese were pretty good and satisfying. But that's your opinion anyways. =)

Dreddz
08-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Well I prefer
FFVII
FFVI
FFV
FFIV
all better than FFIX but I do like this game, the references to other FF's was cool, the gameplay was fun, I kinda stopped playing it when I beat Ozma.....I might start a new game soon, after im done with replaying FFVIII...

Aidan
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM

g says all the right things... great minds think alike.

FallenSilence
08-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I love this game. My favourite FF, and actually my favourite game ever. Decent story, decent characters, awesome music. Perfect.

Lionx
08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
The worlds of FFVII and FFVIII were uninspiring to me and everyone was human which made it kinda a turn off for me excluding Nanaki.

As for the girly features on guys, no one appreciates the kawaii bishounen these days.

Aidan
08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
no one sees the thong kuja wears? all men on this game look like chicks. atleast all HUMAN men.

Vaprice
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
no one sees the thong kuja wears? all men on this game look like chicks. atleast all HUMAN men.

The reason Kuja wears a thong is because Japan is going through some rought times during those years. Men wanted to have long died hair and wear something dramatic *dramatic as in they wanted to be Jpop stars or are from Korea xD* I'm not sure if you've ever been to asia~but seriously...I'd recommend going not just to th safe parts of the area your staying at.

And yes I did think that this game surpassed all of the other FF's for the PS. The storyline was great and intense. The character's were very believable. As well as the music, it was wonderful. Every battle was awesome. Especially the boss battles, the Ozma one omg intense! IT WAS L33T!!! PH34R MY L33TN3SS!

The world and setting for it was wonderful, the graphics and FMV's were superb.

FallenSilence
08-12-2005, 01:33 PM

Steiner doesn't.

Mr.Cal
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I love this game. My favourite FF, and actually my favourite game ever. Decent story, decent characters, awesome music. Perfect.

I wouldn't have thought that "decent" meant "perfect…"
How does that work? :confused:

Armisael
08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
<3 it!

Mr.Cal
08-12-2005, 05:40 PM
It is definitely the best game on any platform ever!
Also, it's the only game I've brought two copies of :P

Raven Nox
08-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Well, FF9 is my personal favorite, so I'm gonna say yes on this one. =D

Karl
08-12-2005, 09:10 PM

Steiner doesn't.
i dont like do bring anyone down on this game cuz its my favorite, but if u watch in fmv sequences steiner is wearing mascara

Vaprice
08-13-2005, 01:00 AM

Steiner doesn't.
i dont like do bring anyone down on this game cuz its my favorite, but if u watch in fmv sequences steiner is wearing mascara

It's okay if he does...he's gender challenged...he doesn't know what to do with his life, the only thing he's known is swords, long steel swords...and even GREAT swords!

Slade
08-13-2005, 07:13 AM
IX was awsome. My second favorite Final fantasy. My favorite
being VIII

Mr.Cal
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Steiner doesn't.

It's okay if he does...he's gender challenged...he doesn't know what to do with his life, the only thing he's known is swords, long steel swords...and even GREAT swords!

I can name another girly bloke: Queen Brahne :D

Sepho
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Final Fantasy IX was a masterpiece in every sense of the word, but it wasn't super fun to play. The battle system was slow and aggravating, and that's probably why I don't play it as much as the other PS1-era FFs.

That aside, though, every aspect of the game's design, save the battle system, was executed beautifully. The pre-rendered backgrounds are amazing and the game used just about all the power that the PS1 was capable of. I liked the way the story progressed, and I loved the music. In fact, I've sat and just watched the intro loop over and over on occassion.