PDA

View Full Version : What was Seto crying?

BabyVixen
08-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Do you think it was materia or something because it really looked like it. What do you think?

Aidan
08-07-2005, 02:45 PM
one question, who is seto, or what is seto? its not coming to my mind.

Chris
08-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Seto is Nanaki's father.

WildRaubtier
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
They were tears. There's only so good you can do those with the limited graphics of a PSX.

Kersh
08-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I always thought it was rain, y'know, the stuff from the sky, 'cause, like, how do statues cry? ¬_¬

krissy
08-07-2005, 09:24 PM
video game + dramatic scene is how statues cry

Kersh
08-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Ya, ok, sure. FFVII may be fantasy, but it's not moronic. -__-

Aidan
08-07-2005, 10:12 PM
forgot about seto. been a while since i beat that game. been playing other ff's lately. i tend to forget some stuff about others.

G SpOtZ
08-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Seto wasn't crying, he's dead and a statue. they were in a cave and caves tend to be moist so vapor rises and condensates and percipitates (the water gathers on the cielings and since it's a cave, the water drips down from the spiky icicle shaped things, forgot what they're called, and there just happened to be one of those above seto) lol that was a mouthful.

krissy
08-08-2005, 12:05 AM
stalactites

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 01:27 AM
oh yeah that's the word..

Khimbar2775
08-08-2005, 01:37 AM
wasnt there an open sky behind Seto though? and/or above????

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 02:00 AM
oh yeah ur right im' pretty sure i saw stars or something... fine, then it was raining. who cares. lmao

Rengori
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Try Red XIII was crying. If it's not, don't blame me for not playing that scene in a while.

Shoeberto
08-08-2005, 02:43 AM
Yeah. It's a video game, guys. It doesn't have to be scientific.

Extreme Walrus
08-08-2005, 08:08 AM
i can make crazy theories too.

Like red 13s head exploded and his blood is clear so thats what made the tear thing. k?

liamo
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
well wouldn't you cry too if you were a statue and your 40 year old teenage dog son was acting like a pussy?

Rengori
08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I thought Red XIII was like 17 in reality.

TheAbominatrix
08-08-2005, 08:46 PM
He's in his 40's, which are considered the equvilant of 'teenage' years in his race.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
how do statues cry? ¬_¬
Ya, ok, sure. FFVII may be fantasy, but it's not moronic. -__-Do you not watch any movies? I swear I've seen statues cry and even bleed in plenty of movies. Hell, some even move, talk, walk, and kill people.

BudSoda02
08-09-2005, 09:30 PM
That wasn't a statue of Seto. That was the real Mccoy. Too bad they didn't have a supersoft huh? He was petrified/ turned to stone by the Gi tribe who were attacking Cosmo Canyon. (Seto was protecting Cosmo Canyon.) Just like Blank in FFIX was petrified by Evil Forest in FFIX or how Polom and Parom petrified themselves in FFIV. So that was Nanaki's Father crying not a statue!! :( Oh well, you people!!!
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

TurkSlayer
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
That was the real Seto, so he could have been crying, since he could still be alive in there. But then, you'd think he'd die of starvation or lack of oxygen... Well, whatever, it was Seto, he cried, its over and done with.

Ageless_Bum
08-09-2005, 10:40 PM
So heres a thought of what i beleive they were going for in Seto's crying scene

I believe it was indeed tears. When someone is petrified they are for all intents and purposes a rock. That is why, when your entire party gets petrified, its game over. You would in theory not die, but instead stay in a state of suspended animation unitl someone softed you. My theory is that in the petrified state, your cells would stop moving, stop aging, and consequently this would suspend you for an indefinate period. Seto however was apparently an extremely strong warrior. Bugenhagen (not sure on spelling) said that Seto continued to protect the valley even after he was turned to stone. This suggests that he was capable of overcoming its effects, for some period of time, though sheer force of will. those action could have caused his current state (why they couldnt just soft him). He may be able to overcome these effects temporarily at will. Remember that Bugenhagen also said that Nanakis mother and father both agreed to have the cave sealed. This suggests that he must have overcome it for atleast enough time to agree. It would seem however it takes a highly emotionaly filled situation for him to do it. Something like, Ohhh I dont know, Seeing his son for the first time in years and hearing his son gain admiration and respect for him. Anyway its not something provable but to me it makes sense.

G SpOtZ
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
very good ^^

it's just hard to believe that you can release urself out of a state of "rock" (lmao) with emotion. but it IS a game, so i'll let it slide XD
also, if one becomes a rock and even their cells are petrified, wouldn't the WHOLE body (meaning everything including blood, brain and heart) stop? so if the blood, brain and heart all stopped, wouldn't you basically be dead and not even be able to feel emotion or even think? the thing i can think of from here is that Seto's SPIRIT still guards the cave, but not his body. and some people that believe in ghosts or spirits (not saying that i do) believe that the spirit or ghost can concentrate or focus on a certain thing and make it real. this is pretty far fetched and it shouldn't have even gone this far, lol, but if you think of it that way, then seto's spirit could have gone into the statue of himself and created tears through concentration and [emotion]

just a thought. a very in depth thought that not even i really believe lol. probably should just think of it as "this is a game, it doesn't even matter. it's just expressing emotion through a dramatic scene in a fictional world"

Ageless_Bum
08-10-2005, 12:53 AM
very good ^^

it's just hard to believe that you can release urself out of a state of "rock" (lmao) with emotion. but it IS a game, so i'll let it slide XD

thats so very kind of you

also, if one becomes a rock and even their cells are petrified, wouldn't the WHOLE body (meaning everything including blood, brain and heart) stop? so if the blood, brain and heart all stopped, wouldn't you basically be dead and not even be able to feel emotion or even think?

Gotta say no to that one, as far as the game goes that is (scientifically it makes perfect sense). If that was the case, in the game world, everytime someone was petrfied in game they would be dead. Not, KOed im gonna use a phoenix down, but God rest his soul dead.

just a thought. a very in depth thought that not even i really believe lol. probably should just think of it as "this is a game, it doesn't even matter. it's just expressing emotion through a dramatic scene in a fictional world"

In the end ithats all it really comes down to. And it would bring up the obvious question of why we care about things in a fictional world, but If we followed that to the end, some of us might not come back to this board again

Mercen-X
08-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Bugenhagen (not sure on spelling) said that Seto continued to protect the valley even after he was turned to stone. This suggests that he was capable of overcoming its effects, for some period of time, through sheer force of will. Those action could have caused his current state (why they couldnt just soft him). He may be able to overcome these effects temporarily at will.

1. Bugenhagen is spelled correctly. Congratulations. *beep*
2. I think this is more of a spiritual reference.

Remember that Bugenhagen also said that Nanaki's mother and father both agreed to have the cave sealed. This suggests that he must have overcome it for atleast enough time to agree.
3. I think Bugen meant that Nanaki's parents agreed to seal the cave before Seto went in.