PDA

View Full Version : FFXI help.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
i dont own or know much about FFXI but i want to know is it only an online game or can i go out and but the disk and just play on my PS2.i want the game but i dont want to be paying loads of money every month to play.so my question is is FFXI only an online game.also do i need anything else to play the game if it isnt an only online game apart from a ps2 and a disk.thanx in advance ;) .

Lionx
08-07-2005, 02:32 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856

Its all online, cant play offline ever.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 02:36 PM
thanks.i cant help thinking thats a bit crap though.

Lionx
08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Not really, MMORPGs are never meant to play offline anyway, should you try to play this like single player, alot of the things implimented in the game are not applicable ie. The Auction House(real time economy trades), the Party system, the Airship/Ship system(since most are 15-20minute waits), and well lets just say dying at high levels wont be fun without the random passerby giving you a Raise.

By that same note, iRO, EQII, and WoW are already crap by default =/ Its just not the same genre as every other FF in the sense its an RPG that can be played without an internet connection, compare it to other online games of the same calibur, then we have a valid comparison. The only thing that can be compared is the story i have to say.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
ill just count this as barely an FF and a rip of to get and continue buying and playing FFs. thanks lionx.