PDA

View Full Version : Dyne

Beclem
08-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Through all the times I've played FF7, I thought Dyne was a guy.

My friend says he is a woman... is that right? If so, can anyone please clarify that it's an easy mistake to make to think that she's male?

He also said that it's Marlena's mother... I just thought it was one of Barret's friends who was over-protective of her.

*sigh* I'm so confused.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Dyne is a man. He's Marlene's real father. Marlene's mother was Eleanor.

None of the misinformation your friend gave you was an easy mistake to make.

TheAbominatrix
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Dyne is a guy, he was Marlene's father. Dyne and Barret's wives were killed, and Barret adopted Marlene after Dyne supposedly died as well.

The game outright says that Dyne is a male, refering to him as a male and as Marlene's father.

Beclem
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Ahhh, yay I was right!!

It was foolish of me to believe a friend who also thought that President Shinra was Reno's father. :rolleyes2

Slothy
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Ahhh, yay I was right!!

It was foolish of me to believe a friend who also thought that President Shinra was Reno's father. :rolleyes2

I'm starting to wonder if your friend has even played the game (or played it since it was originally released).

Beclem
08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm quite sure he has.. I've watched him play before... I also noticed the way he quickly presses X as the dialouge appears at a speed which makes it impossible to read. I just thought that was because he's played it loads of times before, but still.. if I play it again and again I still read the dialouge...

MushroomZOMBIE
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
He may have a problem paying attention to games......& it's never a good idea to skip dialouge at any time.He may even miss this......
"He are sick"
That's a bad thing to miss....... :p

Beclem
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
He may have a problem paying attention to games......& it's never a good idea to skip dialouge at any time.He may even miss this......
"He are sick"
That's a bad thing to miss....... :p

I missed that, what's it about?

Yeah, his attention span is a bit <bad>... he quit playing FF8 when he got to the Fire Cavern because "It was too hard" :rolleyes2

Edit by Kishi: Language.

-N-
08-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh man, clever dodge of the swear filter there. :up:

MushroomZOMBIE
08-07-2005, 07:02 PM
That was Aeris' line.When you arrive at the Sector 5 Slums,walk up to the pipe-looking thing near the entrance.Before you get inside,Aeris will say "This guy are sick."It's a famous mistranslation......can't belive you missed that....lol.
He quit playing FFVIII in the Fire Cavern :eyebrow:?He didn't understand the Junction system,then..........

KoShiatar
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Ahhh, yay I was right!!

He surely mistook Reno for Rufus.

boys from the dwarf
08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
i hate it when your friend skip all of the texts both of my friend who play FF know almost nothing about it and my friend who has FFX-2 skips all of the fmvs and knows even less about it.thay only know what ive actually told them.

Dreddz
08-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Girls dont live in garbage....

TheAbominatrix
08-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Girls dont live in garbage....

Yes, we do.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Where in FF7 is that ever indicated? :p