PDA

View Full Version : Which Squenix title do people need to shut up about?

DJZen
08-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I can't make up my mind here. All of the above games, regardless of how good they are, seem to make up the VAST majority of topics on this board, while other gems slip through the cracks and rarely ever get mentioned. Which of the above titles do you think contributes to this the most?

XxSephirothxX
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
FFVIII. >_>

crashNUMBERS
08-07-2005, 07:24 PM
FF7. That thing is way oberrated. That is not the best goddamn game in the world...

Buster Sword Strike
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Definatly the one with the tough villain that automatically makes it the best game ever.

Ouch!
08-07-2005, 11:29 PM
It was a difficult decision. To cut it short, I thought FFVIII was a horrible, horrible game, and I can't understand for the life of me why so many people like it. I don't think that makes it over-rated though, it just has its strong fan base.

FFVII is great and everything, but it wasn't that great. Most people seem to make it out to be the greatest game ever or something. Most of its praisers are just Sephiroth (who I thought was lame) fangirls/boys or people who love it so much simply because of the nostalgic value of it being their first FF.

In the end, I chose Final Fantasy VII. To be overrated, it has to be good to begin with, and since I think FFVIII was a piece of garbage as far as SE games go, it doesn't fit as overrated.

DJZen
08-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not try to ask which game isn't as good as people make it out to be. I'm more asking you to fill in the blank here:

"Okay, geez, we get it already, you like the game. Just stop talking about it. Just because you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread doesn't mean all the threads in the universe need to be about it. It's not like ___________ is the only game in existance, you know."

kikimm
08-08-2005, 05:27 AM
It's going to be between FFVII and Xenogears. I really do love both of those games, but I've heard too much talk about both of them. If I never heard another word abuot either of them, it'd be fine with me. I've heard a lifetime's worth.

:D

Captain Maxx Power
08-08-2005, 11:09 AM
You said Squenix :D

I'd say Xenogears, simply because it feels more like a really long Anime with walky around bits than a game. Plus I get headaches if I play it more than twenty minutes.

UWAOOOOU
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
You said Squenix :D

I'd say Xenogears, simply because it feels more like a really long Anime with walky around bits than a game. Plus I get headaches if I play it more than twenty minutes.Xenogears isnt highly rated in the first place or over rated. I voted Chrono Trigger.

TheAbominatrix
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not try to ask which game isn't as good as people make it out to be. I'm more asking you to fill in the blank here:

"Okay, geez, we get it already, you like the game. Just stop talking about it. Just because you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread doesn't mean all the threads in the universe need to be about it. It's not like ___________ is the only game in existance, you know."

Am I the only one that read this?

DMKA
08-08-2005, 05:15 PM

Am I the only one that read this?
No, I read it too, and I know what belongs in the blank...I'm just not about to admit it.

Dreddz
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I think none of them are, I havent played Chrono or Xeno so I dont know
FFVII, VI, VIII and Star Ocean are not overrated....

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I'd say this poll is engineered to end up with FFVII as the result. I'd also say that I agree :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Added a "None of them" option so I could vote.

Fithos
08-08-2005, 09:10 PM
you know, i would say FFVII, bu im pretty sure that game was made before the companys merged and thus is not a square enix but square soft game. so im not sure but i guess FFX

however if you mean just general square game FFVII

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
FFX was made way before the merge anyway.

Sephex
08-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Where's the Kingdom Hearts option? That game is mediocre at best.

Fithos
08-09-2005, 04:39 AM
FFX was made way before the merge anyway.

it was realesd the year of. i did reaserch on it before voting. it was realesed about 8 monthes after the merge.

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 06:32 AM
whoever voted FF7 is the worse consumer on this world with a lack of judgemental skills to realise the game only cost 10 bucks. and went from 50 to 20 in a matter of months upon its realease date.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2005, 07:07 AM
whoever voted FF7 is the worse consumer on this world with a lack of judgemental skills to realise the game only cost 10 bucks. and went from 50 to 20 in a matter of months upon its realease date.

What does cost have to do with anything? Did you not read what DJZen posted?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2005, 07:51 AM
it was realesd the year of. i did reaserch on it before voting. it was realesed about 8 monthes after the merge.It was released July 19, 2001. The merger occurred on April 1, 2003.

DJZen
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
The merger is unimportant here. Only the disproportionate amount of discussion. Time not important, only life.

Fithos
08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
perhaps my source was wrong.

anywho of the games up their i guess i will vote for VII as most overrated, or hyped or whatever. but only because everyone thinks its the greatest game ever and its not. even though it is good.

Yuffie514
08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
none. hey, can't blame Xeno/FFVII for being so gosh damn incredible. of course, the "VII is better than VIII" pep rallies are nerve-racking. i think you can now count an invisible vote if you see it.

DJZen
08-10-2005, 12:42 AM
As I said, it's not so much about how good or not good the game actually was as it is about how overly discussed it is. In fact, I should probably get the title of the thread changed...

Also, the reason I didn't include a "none" option is because it doesn't do the poll any good. That's like putting a "no candidate" option on a ballot. If you select that it's a lot like not selecting one at all. Throwing that in really stinks of oneupmanship and seems to serve no purpose other than passive-aggressiveness, Kishi. To quote Bring It On, the greatest movie ever made, "Uh-uh, NOT cool." ;)

Aphelion
08-10-2005, 01:17 AM
FFVIII.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Also, the reason I didn't include a "none" option is because it doesn't do the poll any good. That's like putting a "no candidate" option on a ballot. If you select that it's a lot like not selecting one at all. Throwing that in really stinks of oneupmanship and seems to serve no purpose other than passive-aggressiveness, Kishi. To quote Bring It On, the greatest movie ever made, "Uh-uh, NOT cool." ;)But I wanted to participate.

DJZen
08-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Well *I* want a yacht.

So which Squenix game DO you feel people talk too much about?

DMKA
08-10-2005, 12:37 PM
That's like putting a "no candidate" option on a ballot.
Are you saying that would be a bad idea?

DJZen
08-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Good, bad, it doesn't matter. What's the point? All it serves to do is give someone who wouldn't have voted otherwise a chance to say they're not voting to a poll counter.

Alice
08-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I had to go with ChronoTrigger, everyone talks about it... lol... well all my physical friends love it, but alas i have issues playin 2D games so thats why i dont like it.. thats all me though.

Black Mage
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Final Fantasy VII.

Plus, with all the new spin offs and movie, people talk about it more.

Kirobaito
08-31-2005, 05:42 AM
I like FFVII, but honestly people, it was NOT that good. Certainly not as good as FFIX.

Taiyou
08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
I like FFVII, but honestly people, it was NOT that good. Certainly not as good as FFIX.

Amen to that.

cookieface
08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
All you have to do is bring up these gems you speak of. I doubt they haven't at least been sometime mentioned around here.

Destai
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
That's like putting a "no candidate" option on a ballot.
Are you saying that would be a bad idea?What about a super computer option? It could make all our decisions for us.

Lawr
08-31-2005, 11:13 PM
FF7 it was one of the most talked about games I've ever
seen and FF8, 'Possibly the worst game ever made...'

I've been able to play through them all and both
are good games, but the fans are too hyper and
whiny about them.

Takara
09-01-2005, 08:38 AM

WORD!

black orb
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
>>> Star Ocean: Until The End of Time, I dont know if its overly praised or not but Im surprised the attention this game got, as far I know the other SO games never were this popular..

DJZen
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I think all of 5 copies of Star Ocean 2 were sold, and 4 of them were returned the next day.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-06-2005, 03:05 AM
And then bought again eight years later by people like me.

DJZen
09-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Except for the one that was lost to a dragon, the one that was buried in a mine, and one that was sold for the rights to Moria.

Havoc
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
FF7. That thing is way oberrated. That is not the best goddamn game in the world...

Pfft. j/k

FFX_fanatiq
09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa

§hĺd0w
09-28-2005, 02:05 AM
None of them, because the only one released by Square Enix was Star Ocean... and that game doesn't compare to some of the others on the list.

Daryl
09-30-2005, 02:09 AM
I voted none of them because I don't think any is praised "too much".

DJZen
09-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Wow, it would be so handy if I could re-title this thread...

Not over-praised, that was clearly a bad choice of words on my part. Which game do people need to stop talking about most. Basically what I'm getting at is that certain games are so highly rated that talking about them more seems a bit silly since there's so many gems out there that don't get noticed. What I'm basically asking is which game would you like people to shut up about already.

kikimm
10-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Okay, I'm just going to change the title of the thread already, and see if that will help.

And I still say Xenogears. Just...shut up. I love it too, but...ugh. I already said this.

nik0tine
10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
it taught me theres better (like 7+10)FFXVII? Does that come in the Final Fantasy Odyssey package?

People need to shut up about FF7. I don't think people talk enough about XG though.

§hĺd0w
10-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Ah, Xenogears. What a wonderful game. That and Vagrant Story. Pieces of art, that they are.

Cain
10-05-2005, 01:12 AM
FFVII. Compared to normal RPG standards, good game. Compared to FF standards, bad game.

I don't understand it's overrated-ness. It's about a cross-dressing attention wh*re who is searching for this lover; who claims to be an immortal demi-goddess. I just enjoy games with a story like that as much as I do others.

edczxcvbnm
10-05-2005, 01:27 AM
People need to shut the fuck up about FFVI. That game is the worst game ever made!

blackmage_nuke
10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
i think people should shut up about how much they hate X-2, you think it was bad i get it, dont ruin it for the rest of us....

oh and people talk about VII too much

Ishin Ookami
11-05-2005, 04:04 AM
FFVII. Compared to normal RPG standards, good game. Compared to FF standards, bad game.

I don't understand it's overrated-ness. It's about a cross-dressing attention wh*re who is searching for this lover; who claims to be an immortal demi-goddess. I just enjoy games with a story like that as much as I do others.

Word. I choose FFVII not that its a awful game, I rather liked the characters of RedXIII, yuffie, Barrett, Cid, and Aeries. But the game is flawed fundamentally. It was created for those who never touched RPG's before. Its definately the easiest final fantasy, evidanced that square felt the need to add Ruby and Emerald to cover up the distinct lack of challenging bosses. but not the worst. Worst Final Fantasy was FFVIII. My hate for that game started right around the point Rinoa joined the party. There she is meeting her dream date from the graduation party, and she's waxing romantic about her lost love Seifer who she didnt even care enough to look up while she was at the garden, busy flirting her ass off with squall. It was at that point i declared her to be Final Fantasy's biggest slut, and wished squall would have sense enough to bust a limit break on her.

regardless, i still choose VII. VIII is all but forgotten by this point, The hype for seven is nigh deafening right now thanks to the rumored remake (like we dont know it aint coming. C'mon square has invested millions in spinoff's and remakes of the first six final fantasy's and you mean to tell me they arent so desperate after loosing so many key players that they wouldnt remake the title for next gen systems. Pffffft. yah right.

And as for xenogears, I loved that game to pieces. It was squares best RPG of the 32-bit generation and they were blasted fools not to fund the team so they could ship the game complete. Their loss was namco's gain though.

Russielloyd
11-05-2005, 04:22 AM
"Okay, geez, we get it already, you like the game. Just stop talking about it. Just because you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread doesn't mean all the threads in the universe need to be about it. It's not like Final Fantasy VII is the only game in existance, you know."

Its an great game n all but it annoying that people keep asking what the story is all about. Its been out for 8 years and they still havent cracked it yet?!! com'n people sort it out!

Spatvark
11-05-2005, 04:55 AM
That and Vagrant Story. Pieces of art, that they are.

There's not enough talk about how goddamn awesome Vagrant Story is, it's all about how hard it is ;_; Honestly, it's one second only to Chrono Trigger in my eyes.

And if I had to pick one of the options, it'd be "All of them" exceot I do think there isn't enough talk about the awesomeness of Chrono Trigger. The game owns and you all know it. It deserves every bit of praise it gets.

ThroneofDravaris
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
No one’s going to mention FFVI? Figures…

Seriously; it’s a great game, but why do people love it so much? I can’t think of anything in it that hasn’t been outdone in later FF games. It’s kind of disturbing when I hear that people cry during the Opera Scene…

And I really hope they do something about the bugs in the GBA remake…

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-20-2005, 07:52 AM
FFVII, it's very fucking overrated...

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 10:42 PM
FF7, of course...