PDA

View Full Version : *wins*

Cz
08-08-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm a pretty unlucky person, at least when it comes to competitions. I don't think I've ever won any of the random draws that I've entered, I'm not a very good sportsman, and my lack of personality means I've never managed to win a Ciddie either. Overall, success isn't something that comes easily to me. In fact, the only notable thing I've won recently is last season's EoFF Premiership Fantasy Football League, and I didn't even get a trophy. :(

Are you a lucky/successful person when it comes to competitions? What was the last thing you won?

Craig
08-08-2005, 12:59 AM
I can't remember the last time I won something.

Hawkeye
08-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Last thing I won was kicking kikimm's ass in chess :cool:

Aphelion
08-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't think I've won anything big...Well, the soccer team I'm at wins more than it loses, but it probably doesn't have much to do with individual quality (what I'm trying to say is: I'm not that good :D ); I never won the lottery, though I have amazing luck for some things (or used to have...I caught very rare Pokémon in a few minutes in the games, I won battles against bosses with 1 HP left and such...In these days, it's even hard to score a critical hit in FFX...)

So, I consider myself to be an unlucky person at this point of time. I've been very lucky, but there's someone up there that doesn't like me much (I'm talking about Superman...Who else?).

Psychotic
08-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I won a trip to Warwick Castle for a colouring-in competition (I coloured in some pigs and some chickens!), and I won a sandcastle making competition in France and the prize for my valiant efforts on the unforgiving French dunes was some blowy bubble stuff. Very much worth it. Admittedly both of these victories happened over 10 years ago, but rest assured I will win something soon!

OH WAIT! I kicked the collective asses of Azar, Del Mordor, Faris and kikimm at Yahoo! Graffiti last night. Repeatedly. :cool:

Yamaneko
08-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I win this thread.

Rye
08-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Not really, but I did win one of those "Guess the number of Candy Corn" competitions and I won a huge giant basket of candy when I was little. :D

disapointedchild
08-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I win all the time, how do you think I got this cool username.
I am a winner all the way.

Cz
08-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Last thing I won was kicking kikimm's ass in chess :cool:Oh, I guess my chess victory over Heath counts as my most recent triumph, then. I was hoping to go a long way in that tournament, but had to pull out. It's all fate's fault. :(

Lord Xehanort
08-08-2005, 01:13 AM
my lack of personality means I've never managed to win a Ciddie either

Are you a lucky/successful person when it comes to competitions? What was the last thing you won?

Well... the only Ciddie I ever won is 'Horniest Member'... I thought I won another one... maybe not.

I am not lucky, but I can manipulate people into helping me win... except for these people online.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-08-2005, 01:22 AM
I am never really in competitions. Oratorical competitions I don't do the best, but at least I got picked for them. I was in Reach for the Top this year at school, and our first tournament ever we won 4 out of 5 games, losing the last by 10 points (ie one question). I was mostly competitive in school, with marks and grades. When someone said they were going to beat me in a class, I would try to beat them. In the end I graduated reasonably well standings. But besides that, I suck at sports and never been into too many competitions.

Awards I have won: Like 5 years ago I got one for knowing 50 parts of a horse correctly. (I got a trophy, my first and only, for this one)

I got the highest Pascal mark in my school, which I received a medal.

I got the Governer General award at graduation. (Its a nice bronze medal)

Save those, nothing much.

In general I have luck. Oh at Safe Grad I won something in Bingo!!!!

Lord Xehanort
08-08-2005, 01:29 AM
In the end I graduated reasonably well standings.

You were Valedictorian... stop being so modest.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-08-2005, 01:37 AM
In the end I graduated reasonably well standings.

You were Valedictorian... stop being so modest.

Modesty is good. Usually I come off bragging, unintentionally, therefore I now try to be modest.

-N-
08-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Winning isn't my thing. I just do my best and let what results may be come. While this mentality hasn't helped me win many competitions, it has helped me get nearly anywhere I want in life, which I'll gladly take instead. :)

The Wonderful Nobody
08-08-2005, 02:18 AM
The last thing I won was a poetry contest that was forced upon me by my English teacher. I hated every minute, from getting the assignment until I finally turned the danged poem in but alas! I won! I still don't know how.... O.o

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 02:25 AM
i wish i could win the best screen name contest that just started XD nominate me! :D

i've also one things in gymnastics, and it was my first year ever to do it but it was still kinda cool. never won anything huge tho.

rubah
08-08-2005, 02:27 AM
I am lucky in all things but random winnings. I will never win the lottery, scratchcards, the randomly selected honor roll student prize, etc.

But sometimes I can scrape by on merit.

Meat Puppet
08-08-2005, 04:08 AM
the key to your heart
I won it in a game of russian roulette

eestlinc
08-08-2005, 04:13 AM
a won an essay contest in 7th grade and the prize was a free week at space camp.

kikimm
08-08-2005, 04:21 AM
Well, it seems that I've been getting my ass kicked a lot lately. xD

I never usually win anything. I've come to accept that, so it doesn't bother me any more. Not really. I am fond of boasting and bragging before my downfall, though; so perhaps I jinx myself.

Don't remember the last thing I won. Don't even remember the last time I entered something.

:D

fire_of_avalon
08-08-2005, 04:31 AM
I won all your hearts, just now. ;)

-N-
08-08-2005, 04:32 AM
*swoon*

eestlinc
Don't remember the last thing I won. Don't even remember the last time I entered something.
you won our lightsaber duel

Doomie
Well, it seems that I've been getting my ass kicked a lot lately. xD

I never usually win anything. I've come to accept that, so it doesn't bother me any more. Not really. I am fond of boasting and bragging before my downfall, though; so perhaps I jinx myself.

Today, Spades.

kikimm
08-08-2005, 04:47 AM
you won our lightsaber duel

I had forgotten about that. But I don't remember me winning. Just a bunch of circles.

Today, Spades.

We were unjustly booted!

eestlinc
08-08-2005, 04:53 AM
I think I agreed to let you win or something

rubah
08-08-2005, 05:13 AM
a won an essay contest in 7th grade and the prize was a free week at space camp.

Haha, I didn't have to write anything.

Sasquatch
08-08-2005, 06:59 AM
I won $50 at a Rockford (Illinois) Cubbies game when I was a kid. There were seven people and seven colored envelopes, and all had fifty bucks except one with $500. One of the Cubbies' pitchers kept telling me to pick the purple one, but I thought he was just trying to screw with me, so I picked the green one, because green's my favorite color and I figured money is green so hey why not. The purple one had $500 in it. What a dumb kid, huh?

And when I was in second grade, I won one of those guess-the-candy-number things, but some other kid got second place and ended up with half of my stash of Tootsie Roll Pops. Damn kid. He was fat, too, he didn't need 'em. Give 'em to the scrawny kid!

And a couple weeks ago I won a placement in English 150 instead of 101 or 102 with my essay at college orientation! But I guess that's not really winning.

-N-
08-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Oh yeah! I won something last year when I worked for Northrop Grumman (www.northropgrumman.com) - a free B-2 Bomber model in a raffle. :D

Silmaril
08-08-2005, 07:07 AM
I won around $50 in a story competition last year and i won a free bottle of 7up a couple of years back and a painting contest when i was six.

so I'm sporodacially very lucky. :)

escobert
08-08-2005, 07:34 AM
No never /action shoots himself.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-08-2005, 07:59 AM
I win stuff all the time. wrestling matches, staring contests, swimming contests, sleeping contests, staying awake contests. mind you I cheat in most of them, all but swimming and wrestling I cheat in. cause cheating lets you win. usually.

Mindflare
08-08-2005, 08:01 AM
If it's something of great personal importance, I'll lose it.
If I could care less, I tend to win.

Funny how that works.

tomamar04
08-08-2005, 08:09 AM
I occasionally win golf competitons.

I've won my last 2 in fact.

Zeldy
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Ionce won Pass The Parcel :D
But the last thing i won was probably this game of truth or dare[On msn], im never playing that with three guys again ^_^;