PDA

View Full Version : So, about them Cookies.

Dr. Casey
08-08-2005, 02:12 AM
No threads about this on the first page, not searching. So anyway, I allow sites to set cookies, never delete any of them, yet I have to log back in every time I come back here, and get logged out quite a bit while browsing. Hell, I logged on the main page, went into the FF8 forum and I was logged out. Tell me what to do, Gods of EoFF.

-N-
08-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Does your browser delete cookies after a certain time period?

Sepho
08-08-2005, 06:44 AM
What browser are you using, and what sort of extensions (in the case of Firefox) do you have installed? Try manually setting eyesonff.com to allow cookies. In Firefox this is done via Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies. I couldn't tell you how to do so in IE.

Dr. Casey
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Does your browser delete cookies after a certain time period?

Don't think so, this doesn't happen on any other site.

What browser are you using, and what sort of extensions (in the case of Firefox) do you have installed?

FireFox, and none. I'm too computer-illiterate for that.

In Firefox this is done via Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies. I couldn't tell you how to do so in IE.

I just checked, and there's five cookies listed under eyesonff... all of which expire at different points in 2006. So I dunno. O_o

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
After they did the server move a few weeks ago, that was happening to me for a couple days. It stopped, and I don't remember why. I think I just cleared out my cookies and cache and history and after a day or two it stopped happening.

crono_logical
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
It'd also be interesting to see which of the many forum URLs you're using to access the forums :p

DMKA
10-02-2005, 10:12 PM
www.eyesonff.com/forums > forums.eyesonff.com

rubah
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
subdomainage > mere subfolderage.

(even though subdomains typically *are* just a redirected subfolder)

Samuraid
10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
subdomainage > mere subfolderage.

(even though subdomains typically *are* just a redirected subfolder)

Ya, it would be great to get rid of the actual files at eyesonff.com/forums and make it instead redirect to the subdomain. That would make image paths in the forums styles a lot easier to work out.

Yamaneko
10-02-2005, 11:32 PM
It always ends up in one folder or another. :p

Dr. Casey
10-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Huh... I just took a five-hour nap and I'm still logged in.

LOOKS LIKE ALL OF MY PROBLEMS ARE OVER.