PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Graphic Type?

Lionx
08-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Realism? Cartoon/imagination? Or something entirely different?

I feel that Realism is a big turn off for me in games. While it is pretty cool to have that realism thing, its going to be a common thing(if its not already) and it takes no thought or effort to create a realistic setting because we look at that every day. Games like FPSs or the new Zelda(its amazing but i like WW more) or Futuristic games just seem lackluster these days to me. Games like Klonoa, or Sonic or Wind Waker really shows imagination IMO, and it takes a much more colorful approach to games, as well as the sense of great thought was taken into them. Because they are not made carbon copies of real things, they are thought of by a person and trying to make all fit into a world seems much more of a task because they are unique unlike the realistic looking tree i seen a few dozen times. Not to say realism sucks, but i feel its way overdone and way overhyped.

That and i really feel that the pinacle of gaming is in the 32bit GBAish games and older style. The new 3-D realism style really seems to take away the fun and gaming to me. If i had to choose between a bread and butter sci-fi world of FFVII, and a vibrant different and unique world of FFIX, give me FFIX anyday.

How about you guys?

KentaRawr!
08-08-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't really think about it much, but now that I do, I say that I prefer the Unique/Cartoony art style. Not too cartoony though.

DJZen
08-08-2005, 03:47 AM
The more unique the better. I find generic anime style horrid at this point. WB and Cartoon Network killed anime for me. I'd much rather see something designed by Don Bluth than Akira Toriyama these days, and I don't even think Toriyama is bad or anything, I just feel like we've beaten the anime thing to death and back. Or how about getting Luis Royo to be a designer? That would pwn.

Erdrick Holmes
08-08-2005, 03:50 AM
High resolution sprites, biatch.

crashNUMBERS
08-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Both. realism is like tekken while cartoon is like SF. And I love em' both...

kikimm
08-08-2005, 04:43 AM
I prefer realism by a lot. Mostly because more serious games have more realistic-looking graphics, and I'm attracted to that kind of game much more. When the characters are more human-looking....it's just something different about it than cartoony ones that I like.

But I can appreciate the other kind as well. Katamari Damacy was beyond adorable; Ape Escape too.

:D

nik0tine
08-08-2005, 05:14 AM
It all depends on the game. I like it all, really, so long as it fits with the game.

Dreddz
08-08-2005, 09:09 AM
somewhere in the middle so both....

omnitarian
08-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Cartoony/unique, I guess. If I wanted to immerse myself in a fully realistic, interactive atmosphere, I would... well, I'd go outside, I guess.

Lionx
08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
OMG IS THAT THE SUN!?!?! O_O IT BLINDS!!!

>_>;

omnitarian
08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
But burning your eyeballs is the best part!

Yuffie514
08-09-2005, 02:14 AM
i'm more on the realistic side. but i enjoy cartoon/unique styles, like Dark Cloud 2.

Buccura
08-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Give me more games with graphics like Killer7!

Rye
08-09-2005, 02:30 AM
Realistic, but sometimes it really burns, especially on a small screen. I can't play any DS games without feeling dizzy after.

Spammerman
08-09-2005, 02:35 AM
I prefer realism by a lot. Mostly because more serious games have more realistic-looking graphics, and I'm attracted to that kind of game much more. When the characters are more human-looking....it's just something different about it than cartoony ones that I like.

But I can appreciate the other kind as well. Katamari Damacy was beyond adorable; Ape Escape too.

:D
ditto