PDA

View Full Version : Question about materia

fantasyjunkie
08-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Does materia still gain AP if your unused characters are holding it or is it just the 3 people that you are currently using? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 03:20 AM
i'm pretty sure you have to be using it. you're unused characters don't gain experience or anything else i don't think so i'm pretty sure you have to be using the materia for it to level up.i know for a fact that if you don't equip it at all then it doesn't level up but i always make sure i change materia from unused characters to used characters.

Rokk
08-08-2005, 05:00 AM
yeh, the materia that gain AP are only the ones which are equipped to your three main characters. If you have some equipped to characters not in your party then those materia gain no AP. :)

fantasyjunkie
08-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the info guys :)

Dreddz
08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
you're unused characters don't gain experience or anything else i don't think so i'm
They gain experience but slower than your main party......

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 06:37 PM
No they don't, this isn't legend of dragoon, you're other character do not gain experience without participating in battle.

Shoeberto
08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm not quite so sure about that, I recall not using a lot of characters throughout the game that managed to keep up with the ones I actually used.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Never happened to me.

G SpOtZ
08-10-2005, 12:00 AM
never happened to me either.

cait sith always stayed at the level where i first got him XD

Final_Heavan_33
08-18-2005, 09:56 PM
i'm pretty sure you have to be using it. you're unused characters don't gain experience or anything else i don't think so i'm pretty sure you have to be using the materia for it to level up.i know for a fact that if you don't equip it at all then it doesn't level up but i always make sure i change materia from unused characters to used characters.

actually i think unused characters DO get experience, some of my mine seem to be a high level considering i never use them, and i say this because Cait Sith is a higher level than he was before and really i REALLY do not use him.

I am positive Materia not being used doesnt gain AP, anyway none of my unused characters HAVE materia on, usually i just rotate my best sets between the characters i'm using.

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Unused characters get XP? Uhh...that doesn't make much sense. But I know unused Materia gets no AP.

And you spelled Heaven wrong....haha!!

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 04:21 AM
can i have permission to smack tekno in the face?

fantasyjunkie
08-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Hey G Spotz, I love that picture :)

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 04:25 AM
ty ^___^

no gain ap without materia equipped. period. oh wait nvm the period was alraedy there. am i talking to myself now? i guess i am. hmm.

anybody want moogle pie?

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Why would you wanna slap me?

And to stay on topic: I like Materia!!!!

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 04:32 AM
Why would you wanna slap me?

And to stay on topic: I like Materia!!!!
you made fun of final_haeven_33. and it wasn't even clever.

and dont try to out-spam me XD

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:39 AM
I thought it was clever...but I wasn't making fun...I was pointing out a truth...and whar the hell does "dont try to out-spam me" mean anyway???? hardy har har

Mercen-X
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
actually i think unused characters DO get experience, some of my mine seem to be a high level considering i never use them, and i say this because Cait Sith is a higher level than he was before and really i REALLY do not use him.
When did it happen? Maybe characters' levels get slight boosts for progressing to a new disc.

ShunNakamura
08-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Well I know in my one game I never used tifa cept when I had to. And well let me tell ya.. She wasn't more then 5-10 lvls lower then the rest of my party. Not sure what does it.. but it seems they gain some experience based on teh rest of the party. I imagine they do it since you may need that char later.. so they just make sure that your unused characters will have some lvls to compete.

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
but you never really NEED cait sith do u?

EDIT: oh wait nvm you need him after the weapons are released.

it makes sense. the game i started today, i was about to go to the wall market to transex myself up, but wondered, "hey, i WONDER if i can get finishing touch before i even hit the corneo mission..." and surely enough, i spent my day getting it. i leveled up to like lvl 16 too, and when i went to go save tifa, she was level 13, even tho she used to be wayyyy lower. hm. go fig.

i shared some moogle pie with mukki. and got the bikini briefs.

Cloud Lionheart
08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Unused characters get XP? Uhh...that doesn't make much sense. But I know unused Materia gets no AP.

And you spelled Heaven wrong....haha!!

FACT: Yes they do and think about it, the other chars train on their own somewere, i mean there not with you as you need to PHS them, so they ould be anywere randomly training, and.... MEH

Rhi
08-19-2005, 08:26 PM
they do gain exp

for anyone who's team is level 99: haven't you noticed that the characters you haven't trained are about level 80 when cloud and your two other characters are level 99? (unless of course you train them ALL to level 99 by using them all to fight)