PDA

View Full Version : The story?

FF freak
08-08-2005, 03:54 AM
O.K see I have this art history teacher who after spending a classes trying to explain to my peers and me how a urinal can be considerd art he didn't think digital art qualified . In somewhat anger I told him that when the FF VII movie came out and I got it on DVD I would let him borrow it to see if it changed his mind. Anyway I realize this movie was made for people who played the game so when it does come out what all should I explain to him to help him out? He doesn't seem like the video game type so I don't think I can get him to play the game or anything.

Karl
08-08-2005, 04:34 AM
people often write pages upon pages of the storyline of the ff games without anything directly referring to gameplay, im sure you could find one of these about ff7 somewhere online that he could read before watching the movie.

Shadowflare
08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
My sister wants to see it, though she knows nothing of the game and doesn't play video games at all. I've tried explaining it to her, but explanations always fall short, and we don't know how contigent this movie's storytelling is on the game as far as what details are most important and what exact references will be made. We know in general and we know the most important aspects, but there will no doubt be more trivial references made that will be lost on the unfamiliar viewer. It's a hard thing to summarize for someone who is not in the least familiar with the game.

people often white pages upon pages of the storyline of the ff games without anything directly referring to gameplay

Good idea, perhaps so. I'll look it up and see what I can find. I'm sure that this is will be a widespread issue for a lot of people, especially those with siblings who think it looks cool and want to watch it, yet know nothing of the storyline.