PDA

View Full Version : Nintendogs

Necronopticous
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I was able to play my friend's advance copy this last weekend and I've got to say, Nintendogs is fantastic. It's by far one of the most adorable things I've ever seen and it's extremely satisfying to play around with. The most attractive thing to me is, of course, the more game-like aspect of raising money to buy things for your puppy. However, I am also excited to see if it sparks up to be even half the phenomenon it was in Japan with it's "bark mode" here in the US.

"Bark mode" is like sleep mode, except that if you happen to pass by someone who also has their game on your dogs will meet and give each other presents containing text that you've put in previously. In Japan it was even being used as a way for guys to meet girls, as they would put their e-mail address and information in the message.

Unfortunately I won't be getting Nintendogs at release since I have yet to purchase a Nintendo DS. Is anyone excited for the release? Anyone got it reserved yet? Which dog are you starting out with?

Rye
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I'll be trying to get this game, it looks adorable. Kinda like an advanced tamagotchi. :)

In Japan it was even being used as a way for guys to meet girls, as they would put their e-mail address and information in the message.

That's pretty cool. xD

Flying Mullet
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Nah, I probably won't get it. I have two real dogs who take up enough of my time.

Dreddz
08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Duno wth Nintendogs was...anywayz....

Lindy
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
The whole point of it's release in Japan was because people lacked space or money to get a living, breathing dog.

Here however, in the real world of Not-Japan, people rarely have that problem, so I doubt it'll have any massive success.

omnitarian
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm only mildly interested in it, but given all the awesome press it's recieving, I'm certain I'll end up getting it anyway. What's a little emasculation in the name of fun, eh?

Zeldy
08-09-2005, 12:37 AM
I'll get it, even though it looks like one of those games were the excitment lasts for 2 hours and then your bored

Sephex
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I'm getting it. I already have it preordered. There are three reasons why I am getting it.

1) What I read about it sounds cool.
2) It will be a game that I can play with my girlfriend.
3) I got it on a REAL GOOD DEAL. At EBgames, you can trade in ANY four GBA games, and you will get it preordered as if you paid it in full. What I did was trade in one of my own GBA games, went over to GameStop and bought three other dirt cheap GBA games (in case EB wouldn't let you buy from their stock for the Nintendogs deal), and I am getting the game for less than thirteen bucks!

SomethingBig
08-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Waiting for the "OMFG NINTENDAWGS!?!! IT IS 4 TEH KIDZZZZ! IT IS TEH NO INOVAYSHUN AND NINTENDOUHW R TEH SUXXXX!!!111 YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAWWWW!!!" comments.

I'm getting the one with the golden retriever because they are <3. I hear your dogs can do the hanky panky with other dogs. :joey:

DMKA
08-09-2005, 06:18 AM
The whole point of it's release in Japan was because people lacked space or money to get a living, breathing dog.

Here however, in the real world of Not-Japan, people rarely have that problem, so I doubt it'll have any massive success.
I lol'd xD

Momiji
08-09-2005, 06:49 AM
I might get it... but it just couldn't replace my friend, Sammy. (Who is my dog, by the way.)

Fireblade13
08-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm getting it. I already have it preordered. There are three reasons why I am getting it.

1) What I read about it sounds cool.
2) It will be a game that I can play with my girlfriend.
3) I got it on a REAL GOOD DEAL. At EBgames, you can trade in ANY four GBA games, and you will get it preordered as if you paid it in full. What I did was trade in one of my own GBA games, went over to GameStop and bought three other dirt cheap GBA games (in case EB wouldn't let you buy from their stock for the Nintendogs deal), and I am getting the game for less than thirteen bucks!
Are you sure this is at every EB because my sister would love it

DJZen
08-11-2005, 03:48 AM
I hear your dogs can do the hanky panky with other dogs. :joey:

*sighs* Oh Japan.... Is there such a thing as "too far" for you?

I'm not getting it. Those virtual pets never really appealed to me. I've got nothing against it, it's just not my thing. I gave Seaman a good shot and lost interest immediately. I tried, I really did, I really wanted to like that game, but it just didn't do it for me.