PDA

View Full Version : Risky Buisness....

Dreddz
08-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Im on my 3rd PS2 after my others fell Victim to the Disc Read Error curse, My 3rd one is starting to be infected with it due to the hearing clicky sounds and always has to take time to load the Disc, I dont want to get my Mom to shed out another £60 on another one so Ive decided to fix the PS2 myself
I found this link http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars
and was wondering if its safe and if it works, I like it due to it having pictures so I know what im doing...
So should I do it.......?

edczxcvbnm
08-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Call up sony and complain out the ass. Be nice though and explain the situation. As long as you don't give up then you should have a good shot at getting it done for free. Explain how many times this has happened and if they still refuse you could always get pissed and say something like 'Fuck this. You guys make defective hardware that is a constant problem for lots of people and you refuse to do anything about it? My next system will NOT be a playstation system, thats for sure. I am going to get an XBox. They have just as many game and many of the same games on there as you have on yours.'

Before you say that last line as to talk to a manager/supervisor first.

Polnareff
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I've had my PS2 since launch and nothing of that sort has happened to me yet =/ I don't even clean off my system at all. The only systems I've had that broke were Sega systems >_>;;

I don't think you should do it, since trying to fix it yourself would void the warranty (if it hasn't expired yet), and if you mess up, you can't call Sony about it 'cause then they won't help you. And trying to get the screwup fixed at an electronics shop would probably cost more than another PS2.

In short, I think you should just do what edczxcvbnm said, and you'll probably be fine.

edczxcvbnm
08-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't try to fix it unless you have tried to get them to fix it for a month. The minute you open it up it voids the warrenty. Even if your warrenty has expired already they may still take it back but if it was opened up they will not take it as they feel it was tampered with and thus they have 0 obligation to it.

MecaKane
08-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Why didn't you just fix the first one?

Dreddz
08-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Why didn't you just fix the first one?
I didnt have the balls back then....