PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming movies

SomethingBig
08-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Jeez, a lot of remakes/sequels are coming out. It doesn't stop at Dukes of Hazzard, or DooM. Oh no. In fact, some movies that should have remained dead are being brought back to life.

Hey guys, remember when Shao Kahn, in his terribly CGed 3-headed snake beasty thing form, beat Liu Kang in his horribly CGed.... "dragon" form? Or when Sonia obliterated Syrax and... Syrax? Well guess what! They get to kill even more enemies in *gasp* Mortal Kombat 3 (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/638/638991p1.html). Yes. You heard me right. Mortal. Kombat. 3.

Although some sequels won't do so poorly. This year has been a great success for remakes/sequels. Just look at Batman Begins. Well, this next sequel is about the lives of the little people. They have eachother and that's all they really need. Other than the occasional thief and batty, homicidal neighbor, life for them is pretty sweet. So what do I think about this sequel? All I can say to the creators is: To infinity, and beyond.
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/638/638791p1.html

Insert opinions here:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Meat Puppet
08-09-2005, 04:10 AM
yeah that remake of naughty nurses go wild 3 looks good

Orestes
08-09-2005, 04:12 AM
Why be original when you can beat a dead horse and make money off it?

Hollywood is lame like that.

kikimm
08-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure what to think. Well, I don't like the idea of them making another one, but the second one was just as good as the first, in my opinion, so hopefully that will continue.

:D

SomethingBig
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Ready to assemble! Activate interlocks! Dyna-therms connected. Infra-cells up; mega-thrusters are go!
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=31791&type=0

I loved this show as a child.

edczxcvbnm
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Go Voltron!

I am telling you...it is all about Jurassic Park 4!

Mr. Graves
08-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Eh, almost all of the remakes of movies that I've seen aren't all that well done. We can all just hope Hollywood rises back from this slump of unoriginality it's gotten itself in. We could use fresh ideas here.

Rye
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
You know something is wrong when someone like me, who likes to go see a movie ever week has only gone once this summer. I'll stick with the older ORIGINAL movies for now.

Mercen-X
08-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Mortal Kombat made a decent movie. Annihilation sucked monkey chuck.

I never noticed before because I didn't think he was important, but watching Mortal Kombat a few minutes ago, I realized Johnny Cage called the guy in his actor's chair "Master Bo'Rai" the legendary instructor of Mortal Kombat veteran fighters. I was like, "Holy snit!" Out of shear randomness, I had decided to listen to what Cage called this guy, but I wasn't expecting it to be Bo'Rai. I thought he was just created later on a whim like everybody else. Hehehe.

Captain Maxx Power
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I will be waiting with baited breath until the live-action Transformers movie comes out, though I hear Michael Bay be directing, which makes me more sea sick than a landlubber in a raft on the choppy seas in a storm.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm just waiting on Land of the Dead. Romero ftw.

Other than that, I don't think there's much on the horizon I'm interested in. A few things far beyond it which we hear rumors of, but that's all.

Mercen-X
08-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I will be waiting with baited breath until the live-action Transformers movie comes out, though I hear Michael Bay be directing.
No, no, no, non. I'm making Transformers the Movie. I'm writing it, I'm producing it, I'm directing, and I play all the characters because I'm the best gd actor in the whole damn universe better that anybody else you could name especially Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Rip Torn, Tommy Lee Jones, Wesley Snipes, Kurt Russel, Patrick Swayze, and Kim Basinger.

GooeyToast
08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
looking forward to Brothers Grim.

Its made by the director of Fear & Lothing and 12 Monkeys, so it should be interesting if nothing else.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I will be waiting with baited breath until the live-action Transformers movie comes out, though I hear Michael Bay be directing.
No, no, no, non. I'm making Transformers the Movie. I'm writing it, I'm producing it, I'm directing, and I play all the characters because I'm the best gd actor in the whole damn universe better that anybody else you could name especially Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Rip Torn, Tommy Lee Jones, Wesley Snipes, Kurt Russel, Patrick Swayze, and Kim Basinger.

Oh no, you did NOT just go there. Kurt would kick you ass. This reminds me to start a thread though, so thanks.

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
New DooM Trailer. *Orgasms*
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html

God, I love that FPS camera view. It looks like this will be one of those rare, amazing game-to-movie transitions. I cannot wait.

edczxcvbnm
08-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Doom actually looks awesome and all of those reports that there will be no mars or no demons is crap. There is a mars base but they are not on it and all the demons are there.

Also the demons will not be cgi...for the most part. They are using real puppets and stuff from the people who did if for alien and preditor and other movies.

It should be good.

DMKA
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I wonder if Doom will show in Colorado?

I've never had a problem with sequels/remakes...I don't think it lowers their potential for being a compotent film, I just think that's a popular belief that's turned into a bandwagon everyone and their mother is jumping on...so I don't care either way. It also doesn't mean I'll run out to see them.