PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something about Square

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 05:33 AM
The company Square ahh yes. Final Fantasy was the game that literally meant the fantasy is over and htis is the last game out.Then suddenly boom they hit gold!!!

now during the whole final fantasy series everytime they pioneer something it ended up as a bust or the fans hated it yet it still made a lot of money.

Lets see.

The first Final Fantasy movie The Spirits Within....sucked
The first final fantasy sequel......X2....sucked
First online game...wasn't all to grewat due to the over demanding stuff needed to operate it.

And now square is starting to get things right...........Advent Children.

eestlinc
08-09-2005, 05:36 AM
so that means?

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 05:39 AM
I dunno everything Square tries fo rhte first time ends up in a bust well besides the first Final Fantasy game.but afterwards.

eestlinc
08-09-2005, 05:40 AM
so that means ffx-3 will be a smashing success?

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Well actually I think they are making a equel to FF7 excep tits a FPS game with vincent as the main star.

Big D
08-09-2005, 05:41 AM
The "suckiness" of X-2 is a matter of personal opinion. It was undeniably popular and successful, unlike TSW.
Also, Advent Children isn't even out yet, so even the most optimistic of us (e.g. me) can't say for sure that it's gonna be great.

The internet exists so that die-hard fans of game/movie/TV series can whine every time something happens that they don't like. Have you noticed that even the slightest change gets moaned at? "Omg, you can move the camera in FFXII! It's going to be the worst game ever coz that isn't FF! Why does Square hate me!?" This kind of thing didn't happen in the pre-internet days. People were more positive about change and variation. Now, though, people can instantaneously communicate and discuss every little thing. However, even on a site full of FF fans, you soon run out of positive things to discuss, so people start moaning instead. It's always easier to destroy than to create.

*moves thread to General FF*

Buccura
08-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Hmm... I wonder if the internet is one reason theres so many games of the same genre these days...

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Darn I was hopin gthis would get archived.like my other thread did.

Orestes
08-09-2005, 05:59 AM
If you haven't noticed, if Square wants to try something new and still wants to make some money off it, they'll slap the name "Final Fantasy" on it.

But that's just my opinion.

Buccura
08-09-2005, 06:10 AM
If you haven't noticed, if Square wants to try something new and still wants to make some money off it, they'll slap the name "Final Fantasy" on it.

But that's just my opinion.

Aint it amazing how much you can sell something just because of its name.

Rengori
08-09-2005, 06:50 AM
It worked for the Matrix.

Orestes
08-09-2005, 06:57 AM
It worked for the Matrix.
It works for Hollywood in general.

udsuna
08-09-2005, 07:00 AM
I wonder how many people even realize that "Parasite Eve" was made by the guys over at square. It's a hybrid of an action and an RPG. Far as I know, almost unique in it's design (and one of my favorite games to play). It wasn't labelled as Final Fantasy, far from it. Heck, they barely even show the Squaresoft label. This game came out between FF7 and FF8.... it was the *perfect* chance to exploit the sudden burst of popularity, if not with a FF label, than at least with a nice "from the makers of..." sticker. Though it did come with a demo CD that had previews for Xenogears and FF8.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I would also point out that Xenogears wasn't playing the name card and it is an amazing game, and definitely something out of the ordinary for Square.

DJZen
08-09-2005, 06:41 PM
The first Final Fantasy movie The Spirits Within....sucked
The first final fantasy sequel......X2....sucked
First online game...wasn't all to grewat due to the over demanding stuff needed to operate it.

The first Final Fantasy movie? The first Final Fantasy sequel? I believe you're incorrect. Legend of the Crystals was a movie sequel to FFV.

Also, FFXI pwns. :P

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 08:46 PM
some say that sqare realy messed up when they teamed with enix but thats wrong i suppose.the new FFs will be better than FFX-2.sqares only messed up with TWS and FFX-2 but who cares?okay i do but thing will get better.