PDA

View Full Version : like omg amusement parks :o

Polnareff
08-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Amusement parks are seriously about 1/4 of my life :D All I do at them is ride rides and roller coasters, I'm not a big fan of the events and tourist traps and such :(

I also go to county fairs as well. There's two local ones where I live.

As for amusement parks, all the ones in my state (except for one) are an hour or more away? Uh...yay?

In my state (Ohio) there's Cedar Point, which is a very cool amusement park, then there's Kings Island, a pretty good theme park, and then there's Geauga Lake, a nice family park. There are also other ones, such as Coney Island and Stricker's Grove.

I love roller coasters but I also love rides that spin like crazy, xD!

Are any of you like me and also love amusement parks? >_>

Meat Puppet
08-09-2005, 05:43 AM
We got a pond that we throw rocks at sometimes.

Hawkeye
08-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Amusment parks are fun to go to, only when I have money.

And even then, its questionable whether I would go to one or not. I typically wont, just because I dont like amusement parks ( except for the ones in vegas :love: )

kikimm
08-09-2005, 05:46 AM
I do like roller coasters, but I can't stand anything that spins around. I have really bad motion sickness, so that's a no no.

Magic Mountain's probably the best thing out here in California, in terms of rides. Goliath rules.

:D

eestlinc
08-09-2005, 05:48 AM
hershey park has some good coasters. so dos six flags over georgia, but i haven't been in a few years. too expensive.

Orestes
08-09-2005, 05:50 AM
I enjoy going to Six Flags in St. Louis, even though it's nothing but a giant money trap.

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:30 AM
I have an annual pass to Six Flags. I loooove amusement parks. :D

Speaking of which I need to use my free Hurricane Harbor pass. *nudges Necro*

DMKA
08-09-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm going to Magic Mountain as soon as I get back to Cali. Best Amusement Park ever.

Polnareff
08-09-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of water parks, mostly because I'm not that great a swimmer, plus I have vertigo, so climbing up the stairs of a water slide is a no-no for me. I almost fell off the stairs of a water slide once, so no more for me.

Ironically, there's a water park the next county over called Wyandot Lake, which is a small waterpark. It also has some rides too, and a small roller coaster. The park is owned by Six Flags.

hershey park has some good coasters.

I've always wanted to visit that park, along with Kennywood and Michigan's Adventure, just to ride their rides and coasters.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 07:15 AM
We got a pond that we throw rocks at sometimes.
lyke OMG! I so totally am the rock skipping champion! I would challenge you but seeing as you've been publicly proven to be a mentally deficient sanisfarian-degarmic celandriaz . . . I don't think it'd be very fair for you. :lol:

Karl
08-09-2005, 07:20 AM
In my state (Ohio) there's Cedar Point

LUCKY!!! :sweatdrop i envy you

i went to cedar point once it it was like a billion times better than 6 flags in illinois (especially cuz they tore down shock wave for that garbage superman ride)

anyway yea amusement parks rule :bigbiggri

Sephex
08-09-2005, 07:26 AM
I was at SIx Flags Great America (Illinois) today. Me and my girlfriend decided to bum around in Hurricane harbor.

GooeyToast
08-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Cedar Point is the best park (hence it getting voted #1 for like...the 5th yr in a row)

I <3 Top Thrill Dragster. Damn, I remember when i was there some lady who rode it had her tits fly up right in her face when the thing took off (0-120 in 4 secs). Yeah, it's that fast.

You also have Millenium Force (great), the Wicked Twister, Magnum (my fav.), and the great wooden Mean Streak.

Kings Island is also a great park, with quite a few awesome coasters as well (namely Beast, and the incredible Son of the Beast). SotB is the talleast, fastest, and the only wood coaster with a loop in the world.

I also really like Magic Mountian, which is a very close #2 to Cedar. Golaith is a great coaster, and i also enjoy Riddler's Revenge very much. I just wish i could finally get a freakin chance to ride X.

Strider
08-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Let's see...

There's Paramount's Great America up in Santa Clara. Awesome stuff, my family has season passes there.

Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo. Sucks.

Knott's Berry Farm down south. Wonderful place, and the best fried chicken in the free world.

Disneyland and Disney World. Obviously awesome.

Haven't been to Magic Mountain ever, even though I've always wanted to. ;_;

All else is irrelevant.

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm going to Magic Mountain as soon as I get back to Cali. Best Amusement Park ever.
Necro and I both have passes until the end of the year. *wink, wink*

Lindy
08-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I used to think being thrown around tracks at high speeds was fun.

When I was, like, 12.

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Ah, so 12 is the age you sat on the stick that is forever jammed up your bum then? I've always wondered when that occurred.

rubah
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Silver Dollar City in branson was the first one I ever went to. It's pretty tame by now. (well apart from Wild River Country in little rock:O)

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City is AWESOME and should be the location of CST2006.

I've never been to arkansas' state fair, but I have been to Louisiana's and it sucked. Our county fairs are that good.

Zeldy
08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I love them, but i never get to go.. The Rest of my family arnt fans of Theme parks so we never go. But i have.. uh.. bad memorys of a certain ride,Whirlwind in Camelot, on my 5th time on the ride i sat on a bee.. and it was a bumpy ride.. :whimper:

Lindy
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Ah, so 12 is the age you sat on the stick that is forever jammed up your bum then? I've always wondered when that occurred.
I'm sorry, I thought I heard a pot calling a kettle coloured.

Strider
08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Necro and I both have passes until the end of the year. *wink, wink**sigh*

Shoeberto
08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
King's Island is pretty fun as long as you don't go on weekends. My friend and I went two years ago and tried to ride on that one indoor coaster...the real dark, fast one, where you're all over the place. We were in line for two whole hours.

It'd be fun to skip out a day of school and head there, though, when it'd be mostly empty.

I haven't been to Cedar Point, since it's even farther away from here than King's Island. I hear it's a good time, though.

Polnareff
08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I went to Kings Island a couple years ago, on a Saturday, and had to wait 4 hours in line for Flight of Fear (the same coaster you referred to). The funny part is, earlier in the day, my friend and I were the first people on board, and the first to ride (the park had just opened and not many people were going in).

But NEVER go to Cedar Point on a weekend, not even on a Sunday, or your car will be stuck in traffic for at least an hour upon arriving there. Plus, the wait for the coasters is unbearable. 4+ hours for Millenium Force when I went there, and my friend didn't get to ride since the seatbelt didn't fit around him. I rode it though :D

Kirobaito
08-09-2005, 07:45 PM
THERE IS ONLY ONE SIX FLAGS.

IT IS IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS.

Thank you all.

Shattered Chest
08-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, you see, lately, and I'm not proud to admit it, I think I'm getting old. Just this summer, for the first time in my life, it felt like amusement park rides were scary. I felt like, if I go on the scary ones, something might happen. When I was younger, see, I used to feel immortal, and not afraid of anything. Now I feel like I might break something.

That's why I don't really like amusement parks anymore.

ZeZipster
08-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I live right outside of Orlando, FL. That means I'm about an hour away from Disney and Bush Gardens. I use to have an annual pass to Bush Gardens, about 2 years ago.

KentaRawr!
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
The only Amusement Park I have been to is Kings Island.

The Son of Beast is a very good ride.

Though, my Family doesn't go to Kings Island much anymore.

Resha
08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Oooh, I love the ones in Gold Coast, Australia. Dreamworld and Seaworld and Warner Bros. Studios = <33333333333333