PDA

View Full Version : Vegetables are People too.

abrojtm
08-09-2005, 06:27 AM
So what's up with moral vegetarians?

(Seriously)

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Makes sense to me. As long as they aren't pushing it on others or acting superior I'm all for it.

Last thread that started like this where the topic was vegetarians pushing their beliefs on others turned into a hypocracy fest where all the meat eaters were putting down the beliefs of vegetarians. It was revolting.

Just thought I'd bring that up for fun. I'm fine with both views. :<3:

Hawkeye
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
I think it's an unhealthy way of life. But so is booz, so I cant really say anything

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:30 AM
How is it unhealthy?

nik0tine
08-09-2005, 06:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/schiavo.gif

Hawkeye
08-09-2005, 06:33 AM
How is it unhealthy?

Well, I mean, lets say youre a women and you become pregnant. Is it going to be necessarily healthy for you when trying to care for your fetus in the womb, by eating lettuce and nuts? You have to eat meat for the child to become healthy, since meat carries essential amino acids.

I mean, you could try, but in my point of view, thats not the best way to run things

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Well there are other ways to get amino acids. I'd rather just eat the meat, but I don't think it's unreasonable to use alternate methods to get your nutrients. I mean, when a woman gets pregnant they pump her full of folic acid through pills, why not other nutrients?

Man this thread is making me want a big fat steak already...

DMKA
08-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Vegiterians are a hell of a lot more healthy than the Atkins people...and alot of people in general.

But yeah I agree with Shlup on this one. So long as they aren't being facist with their lifestyle, I see no problem.

metal4deth
people are lazy and like easy ways out

abrojtm
P.S. Shlup, your sig inspired this thread.

Hawkeye
08-09-2005, 06:37 AM
There's always ways to get amino acids, but I hope youre not trying to say vital amino acids can be found solely in nuts and lettuce ect.

Basically, in my lifestyle, eat a muslce to gain a muscle, and I think thats the healthiest way to go

Again, I could care less if someones a vegitarian or whatnot, I just have a different point of view on their lifestyle

lordblazer
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry but if i was a vegetable I would want my family to put me out of my misery.

nik0tine
08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
That's muder.

Hawkeye
08-09-2005, 06:41 AM
You damn thread hijackers :D

metal4deth
08-09-2005, 06:43 AM
who wants to be a vegatable?

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:49 AM
That's it! Everyone outside!

-N-
08-09-2005, 06:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/schiavo.gif:o

Leeza
08-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Hawkeye, please get real facts before you type up what you <i>think</i> are facts. It would go a far way towards your crediblity on the subject of vegetarians.

EDIT: nik0tine: there is a big difference between <i>vegetarian</i> and <i>vegetative</i>.

YukiKiro
08-09-2005, 07:14 AM
the problem is this, life breeds life, and without something dieing something else cannot live. the circle of life isn't just a lion king thing, it actually exists.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Kiss me Yuki. :lol:

Big D
08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Vegiterians are a hell of a lot more healthy than the Atkins people...and alot of people in general.

But yeah I agree with Shlup on this one. So long as they aren't being facist with their lifestyle, I see no problem.*agrees with DMKA*

A balanced vegetarian diet is just fine.
If someone's doing it for moral reasons, then that's entirely up to them. I dine on both meat and plants, and it's consistent with my own morals, so I'll not go preaching or anything. Some days I don't eat any meat - just not in the mood, or not wanting the extra fat and energy.

-N-
08-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Indian vegetarian food is amazing (far moreso than the meat dishes, I assure you, having cooked both myself), but it's not amazing enough for me to forsake what little meat I do eat. :D If you are vegetarian, be sure to get your proteins from beans, legumes, and the such, and be sure to take supplements, especially Vitamin B12 and folic acid (from a family of vegetarians, I'm the exception being an ABCD :D).

Big D
08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Indian vegetarian food is amazingYes indeed. One of the most beautiful foods I've ever eaten was a vegetarian curry my friend made at the start of the year. It was hot beyond all belief ("mildly hot" by my friend's standards), but the flavours were incredible. No gastric side-effects at all, perhaps influenced by the absence of meat.

-N-
08-09-2005, 07:46 AM
It was hot beyond all belief ("mildly hot" by my friend's standards),A hah aha hah ah ah aha ha xD.

Actually, I was having a discussion with a few Indian friends about how the hell we can tolerate spiciness, because as little kids, trust me, we were total pansies. But now, being able to down a whole habañero pepper? Turns out as children we figured being able to handle spicy food was an adult characteristic and thus through our motivation to want to grow up and be like adults we kept eating really spicy food even though it nearly killed us every time. Eventually we built a tolerance up and now it's just another thing we do. :)

I bet it applies to other cultures that serve spicy dishes as well.

Shlup
08-09-2005, 06:37 PM
the problem is this, life breeds life, and without something dieing something else cannot live. the circle of life isn't just a lion king thing, it actually exists.
Vegetarians eat vegetables. When they do, the vegetables die. VEGGGIES ARE PEOPLE TOO.

Resha
08-09-2005, 09:21 PM
If we can't eat meat or vegetables, what would one eat? o_O

Spiffing Cheese
08-09-2005, 09:27 PM
If we can't eat meat or vegetables, what would one eat? o_O

Cheese.

Doomie
08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Vegetarians are fine. The real problem is those vegans! :@

Resha
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Vegans would object to cheese because it's made from milk? Would they? xD I dunno.

boris no no
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
food is food
there for me to eat ;p

Lindy
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
For every animal you save, I'm eating FIFTEEN.

Rye
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I hate vegetarians who either call meat eaters hypocrites for eating meat by saying that they like and care for animals and vegans that spout lies like "Oh, if you eat an egg, you kill a chicken." If they don't fall into those two categories, I have no problems with them. I eat meat, but I love animals. :)

Lindy
08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I eat beef from cows that were raised for eating, I'm not going to care for animals that were raised specifically for eating. Cows do not make fantastic pets.

Same way I'm not going to eat for the cute little bunny rabbits that I care for.

Though rabbit is damned tasty in red wine sauce.

Yamaneko
08-09-2005, 11:43 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg

Does Maddox let you remote link?

Lindy
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
They have a T-shirt of that.

Peegee
08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Eating anything means you kill it. If you eat something that is produced 'naturally' (ie waiting until the cow dies of old age or when fruits fall off the tree, or hand picking corn), then you have no moral problems, as long as the way you raised the lifeform was morally right.

Otherwise vegetarians are just as bad as me.

But I don't really bother to judge, seeing as I'm also supporting murder. What vegetarians seem to do is justify their actions because plants don't have 'feelings' or are not 'sentient', while we respond to stimuli not because we have no choice, but because we choose to.

See the flippant attitude I'm starting to manifest? I'll move on.

Dr.K
08-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't mind vegitarians at all (bar the fascists), it's certainly a perfectly healthy way to live, and certainly one I look up to. All these "it ain't a balanced diet" arguments don't hold too much water - yes, there are some amino acids humans require that cannot be obtained by a plant-based diet alone, and plants aren't exactly B-vitamin powerhouses, but I'm sure there's a simple enough way around that. Plenty of benefits to be had i.e. not consuming dodgy antibiotics and hormones in animal tissue (unless you like, have your own cow or something).

What gets on my nerves hardcore are the people who are like, blatantly crying out for meat, and make excuses like "ooh well fish doesn't count as meat" and other silly things like that.

And I'm a non-smoker, apart from cigarettes etc. etc.

Shlup
08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Vegans would object to cheese because it's made from milk? Would they? xD I dunno.
Yes. Vegans are against eating anything that exploits an animal. That includes milk and anything made from it, along with eggs and honey (think of the bees, man).

Yamaneko
08-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Eggs pop out regardless of human interference.

YukiKiro
08-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Vegetarians eat vegetables. When they do, the vegetables die. VEGGGIES ARE PEOPLE TOO.
and when people eat meat the animal dies. i have a solution to this grand problem, lets all just stop eating and enfuse our dna with that of plant organisms and then we can just photosynthasize, then we can all live happily ever after, how's that sound?

Dr.K
08-11-2005, 11:38 PM
and when people eat meat the animal dies. i have a solution to this grand problem, lets all just stop eating and enfuse our dna with that of plant organisms and then we can just photosynthasize, then we can all live happily ever after, how's that sound?
Sounds dandy...bar the sitting around all day with our feet in the soil. I also get sunburn very easily to boot :(

Destai
08-11-2005, 11:47 PM
As long as they dont bitch to me about murdering innocent animals I dont have a problem with them.

udsuna
08-11-2005, 11:53 PM

Ah, but then we're murdering the photons that generate the energy necessary to start the whole damned process in the firstplace. If animals and plants get all the special treatment, how dare we say that sub-molecular particles deserve any less?

YukiKiro
08-12-2005, 01:11 AM
oh you @#$% heads will never be happy will you?

Kamiko
08-12-2005, 01:12 AM
I don't drink milk or eat eggs. I do eat cheesecake but that's cos I have no will power. I also eat no red meat or chicken.

udsuna
08-12-2005, 03:12 AM
oh you @#$% heads will never be happy will you?

I'm happy already. But I'll be truly happy when all realize there's such a thing as being *too* liberal. Or are so annoyed by mockery of their excess that they avoid speaking with me for the rest of their natural (or otherwise) lives.

Del Murder
08-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I like hamburgers. Some people don't. I'm fine with that.

Karl
08-12-2005, 06:16 AM
I like hamburgers. Some people don't. I'm fine with that.
well put

Jimsour
08-12-2005, 09:13 PM
A lot of people are vegeterians for various reasons. I'm in the middle of attempting to turn vegeterian, however since I work out and have much bigger protein needs, I am still trying to learn different ways, and I won't be excluding Eggs or Cheese from a diet, as Eggs are possibly the, or one of the best protein sources available.

My reason is mainly through animal rights, I don't care what points people bring up, why should I contribute to the abuse. One more sale is one more reason for a company that has no regard for animal life to put thier flesh on a supermarket shelf.

I do enjoy meat, but there are meat alternatives which I tried and I couldn't tell the difference whatsoever, so I was happy. The only reason I'm eating meat is for the protein and the complete amino acids, which can be found in other sources and supplements :greenie:

As far as milk goes, don't cows go through a lot of pain if they aren't milked? It helps justify it a bit that milk and cheese are fine, plus they are great sources of food. I eat food for the need, if it tastes good even better. I think the term is lacto-vegeterian..

Peegee
08-12-2005, 09:21 PM
We produce too much milk in this country anyway. And I mean way way way too much.

Make your own conclusions from that.

Jimsour
08-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I wasn't disagreeing, I'll still be eating diary ;)

ThroneofDravaris
08-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anyone else think it would be really entertaining if someone was to murder and eat a vegetarian?

Now THAT’S irony.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
People who poclaim they are vegetarians and then eat chicken and fish are stupid.
Vegetarians are evil. If Adam and Eve where just carnivores we wouldn't be in this mess, damn you and your fruit eating ways!

Peegee
08-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd like to think that if we actually were consistent with our moral philosophies we would realise that all life is equal in that it is life, and realise that morality in respect to death should not exist.

Actually I'd rather that morality not exist but I'm a misanthropic bastard with no sense of consequences.

Meat Puppet
08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I've probably eaten several endangered species to extinction and probably also some human meat without knowing it in the course of my life.

Raistlin
08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't understand vegetarians. Nor do I care to. If people don't want to eat meat, that's their choice. Just don't try and stop me from eating meat.