PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Emulation

Discord
08-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, here's my situation. I got FFX as a present from a friend. The problem is that she doesn't know much about electronics and doesn't know that PS2 games generally don't run on PCs.

Since I do not own a PlayStation2 I though of getting an emulator to do it. I got quite a powerful computer so it shouldn't really be a problem, however what program shall I use?

That's where you come into play! Has anyone of you ever successfully played a PS2 game on PC? If yes, which emulator did you use with which plug-in? And if you still remember, where did you get it?(<- Not really a problem.)

Dreddz
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I dought you will get much satisfaction from playing FFX on your PC as PS2 emu isnt very good at all, as for an Emu you can use.....errrmmmm
www.google.com

Levian
08-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Yer, they haven't really made a emulator that runs PS2 games without problems yet. Sure, they function, but there are many flaws. I've never tried PS2 emulation myself, but I've had enough troubles making regular PSX emulation to work, so good luck on the PS2 one :D

Shoeberto
08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
I've seen screens of one running on a 3ghz machine with probably a gig of RAM and a high-end video card playing FFX and the FPS display said ~14FPS.

I guess what I'm saying is that they're not ready for primetime quite yet.

rubah
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
My computer has a hard enough time emulating the psx. No way on earth it can run a ps2 game.

Just borrow a friend's ps2.

Mirage
08-09-2005, 08:36 PM
PS1 emulation is no problem, but I've yet to see a fully functional PS2 emulator. I know some of them can play certain demo discs. Anyway, I'd suggest saving up for a PS2, it's not like they're expensive nowadays.

Black Mage
08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
You can take a look over here, at Zophar's Domain (http://www.zophar.net/psx2.html) and see if any of those work for you.

I haven't kept up with PS2 emulation, really, but good luck.

Discord
08-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, thanks everyone. I'll try it out:)