PDA

View Full Version : Soon I´ve maxed the Materia setup!

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Wow, I´ve played this game on the same file for MONTHS now,
and I´ve actually started to get serious concerning the Materia.
Soon I´ve got the following setup for ALL CHARACTERS (those without Enemy Skill will get Cover instead):

WEAPON (>ultimate weapon<):
Master Magic=All, Enemy Skill [Cover]=Double Cut, Master Command=HP Absorb, Master Summon=MP Absorb

ARMOR (Wizard Bracelet):
HP Plus=MP Plus, Phoenix=Final Attack, Counter Attack=W-Item, W-Magic=W-Summon

I think this is the coolest setup in the game, and I´m almost there with EVERYONE!
It´s really tricky right now, since the Materia space gets kinda... limited, but I´m using strategy and write things up, and this is what I´m missing right now:

All x 6
Final Attack x 3
W-Magic x 2
W-Summon x 2
Phoenix x 7

Once I´ve finished these ones, I´ve mastered the Materia setup!
When this is over, I´ll start maxing out Stats...

God, this will take time...!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
There is no such thing as a single perfect materia setup because there are dozens of arrangements and combinations that are all profoundly amazing, but if this one specifically appeals to you then I wish you success in my heart.

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 12:20 PM
There is no such thing as a single perfect materia setup because there are dozens of arrangements and combinations that are all profoundly amazing, but if this one specifically appeals to you then I wish you success in my heart.

Well, thanks, but I´ve actually mastered lots of other combos too,
e.g. the so-called "Hell Knight".
I´ve got 8 Fire Materias lying around, and along with them the Sneak Attack, Magic Counter, Quadra Magic and other stuff.

I´ve also got 16 Counter Attacks (The Counterer) and 8 Mimes & Counters (Limit Break Counterer) and stuff like that.

So, actually I´ve completed lots of different combos.
And I think that´s "Perfect" since you´ll never be able to get ALL possible combos anyway.

redxiiii
08-09-2005, 12:53 PM

Well, thanks, but I´ve actually mastered lots of other combos too,
e.g. the so-called "Hell Knight".
I´ve got 8 Fire Materias lying around, and along with them the Sneak Attack, Magic Counter, Quadra Magic and other stuff.

I´ve also got 16 Counter Attacks (The Counterer) and 8 Mimes & Counters (Limit Break Counterer) and stuff like that.

So, actually I´ve completed lots of different combos.
And I think that´s "Perfect" since you´ll never be able to get ALL possible combos anyway.
Could you explain the hell knight combo? I`ve never heard of it?
I think I know the limit break combo but could you explain that aswell please?

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Could you explain the hell knight combo? I`ve never heard of it?
I think I know the limit break combo but could you explain that aswell please?

It´s a very nice combo that relies on the Fire spell.
With one casting, and with help from the W-Magic and Quadra Magic, you get 8 Fire3´s (provided the Materias are mastered), while stealing twice from the attacked enemy, and you also absorb HP and MP during the casting.
The combo looks something like this:

Fire=Sneak Attack, Fire=Quadra Magic, Fire=Magic Counter, Fire=Steal As Well
Fire=HP Absorb, Fire=MP Absorb, W-Magic

This combo rules, especially against enemies weak against Fire (obviously ^^).

Try it out! :)

Captain Maxx Power
08-09-2005, 03:12 PM
You be having too much time on ye hands.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2005, 03:16 PM
One a side note, if you have two "Steal As Well" materias equipped to the same materia type, "Fire" for example, you don't steal twice when you cast Fire, do you?

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 05:08 PM
One a side note, if you have two "Steal As Well" materias equipped to the same materia type, "Fire" for example, you don't steal twice when you cast Fire, do you?

I´m not sure, but I actually think you do steal twice.
From what I know, every Materia, along with a Support Materia, has their individual effects.

And moreover, what´s with this "too much time on my hands"?
It isn´t hard to play three hours per evening for lots and lots of months.
I do all kinds of other stuff during the day.

redxiiii
08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Were do you get sneak attack aswell? lol I`ve never thought about asking about it?

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Were do you get sneak attack aswell? lol I`ve never thought about asking about it?

Is this supposed to be two Materias?
Oh well...

Sneak Attack is won on the Chocobo Races, and Steal As Well is found behind the fire walls in the cave on the mountains of Wutai.
Use the Leviathan Scales on the fire walls, the Materia´s hidden at the end.

G SpOtZ
08-09-2005, 11:10 PM
This is really interesting, i never even thought of coming up with specific materia combos... you can do that with almost every materia, if you master enough and have enough time on your hands. maybe i'll get to that sometime....

Flying Mullet
08-10-2005, 12:12 PM
There is no such thing as a single perfect materia setup
And that's the best part because everybody's a winner! :thumb: :elk:

Peter_20
08-11-2005, 06:43 AM
There is no such thing as a single perfect materia setup
And that's the best part because everybody's a winner! :thumb: :elk:

I think the one that´s most rewarding would be considered the "Perfect Materia Setup", and I think the one that I suggested is a good example; you attack four times in a row, absorbing HP at the same time, you get perfect HP/MP, you revive when dead, you counterattack, you get access to ALL commands etc.

Aidan
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
you ran into a prob. when you equip double cut, you added it to a cover. that makes no sense. in other words, you wouldnt absorb any hp with master double cut. and when you equip hp absorb with double cut, last time i tried that i di9dnt absorb any hp at all...

and your materia setup is ok, but far from perfect. there is no perfect.

Peter_20
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
when you equip hp absorb with double cut, last time i tried that i di9dnt absorb any hp at all...

Actually, you *can* absorb HP that way.
There´s a trick to it, though, and here´s the solution:

Master Command=HP Absorb, Double Cut

It makes NO sense whatsoever, but it works for me!
Pair the HP Absorb with the Master Command, and suddenly,
for some weird reason, the Double Cut will absorb HP for you.
Further info on GameFaqs: "Materia Setups And Combos". ;)

Aidan
08-11-2005, 05:59 PM
that doesnt make sense at all. and as a matter of fact, im getting on my game and going to test it out

Peter_20
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
that doesnt make sense at all. and as a matter of fact, im getting on my game and going to test it out

Just do it, pal.
Soon you´ll return right here and write some stuff like: "OMG, it worked!!! This is too cool!!!" or something! :D

But seriously, it does work. :)

Aidan
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
nope. didnt work.

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 12:05 AM
nope. didnt work.

That´s weird, it works for me.

Master Command=HP Absorb and then a separate Double Cut.
It SHOULD work!

Aidan
08-12-2005, 12:08 AM
i understood how you put it. it just doesnt work for me. oh well. ill try again later.

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 10:12 AM
i understood how you put it. it just doesnt work for me. oh well. ill try again later.

Perhaps the enemies you fought were too weak?
Try something in the Northern Crater.