PDA

View Full Version : Junction boosts after the graduation...

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Iīm the "power level" kind of player, so I think itīs pretty fun messing around with different powerful Junctions early in this game.
Do you know of any good ideas after the graduation?
I usually learn some great Abilities (Mug, anyone?) and I also refine stuff into Curagas, boosting HP, and other great magic and tools and stuff, you get the point.

Is there anything I should know about?
Do you have any great hints?

tranvanhieu
08-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Um not fun!
If you learn all powerful GF's ability(your LV is still low[by using "card" command or kill Cactuar to get AP]--->your enemy LV is low too so they don't have any special skill),any battle could be so easy.
It'll be fun if you Level up your character as well as learning High Level ability

SeeDRankLou
08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, it will take a rather large amount of card playing, but you can get quite a vast quantity of magic stocks very early on with the Card Mod ability. Examples:

-Win 50 Ruby Dragon cards, Card Mod -> 5 Inferno Fangs, F Mag-RF -> 100 Flares
-Win 5 Abyss Worm cards, Card Mod -> 5 Windmills, T Mag-RF -> 100 Tornados
-Win 2 Fastitcalon cards, Card Mod -> 2 Water Crystals, I Mag-RF -> 100 Waters
-Win 5 Blitz cards, Card Mod -> 5 Dynamo Stones, T Mag-RF -> 100 Thundagas
-Win 15 Hexadragon cards, Card Mod -> 5 Red Fangs, R Mag-RF -> 100 Firagas
-Win 50 Chimera cards, Card Mod -> 5 Regen Rings, L Mag-RF -> 100 Full Lifes
-Win 4 Tonberry cards, Card Mod -> 4 Chef's Knives, L Mag-RF ->120 Deaths
-Win 10 TriFace cards, Card Mod -> 10 Curse Spikes, ST Mag-RF -> 100 Pains

And there are creative ones, like (just an example, not one you can use this early):
-Med LV UP 150 Phoenix Downs -> 3 Mega Phoenixs, Tool-RF -> 1 Phoenix Pinion, F Mag-RF -> 100 Firagas

And I swear there was a way to get 100 Holys before the Timber mission, but the earliest I can think to get 100 Holys isn't until Galbadia (winning Krysta cards).

But yeah, there are quite a few upper level and powerful magic spells you can get before leaving for Timber, just check to see what cards refine into what items, and what other items or magic that item refines into. It's all listed on this site's FFVIII page.

Edit: Found what I couldn't remember earlier. And this is really crazy, but if you want to then go for it. When you Card a Bomb or a Buel, both found in the Fire Cavern, they will rarely drop the Krysta card instead, so:
-Win 10 Kryta cards, Card Mod -> 100 Holy Stones, L Mag-RF -> 100 Holys

Peter_20
08-09-2005, 07:09 PM
-Win 50 Ruby Dragon cards, Card Mod -> 5 Inferno Fangs, F Mag-RF -> 100 Flares
-Win 5 Abyss Worm cards, Card Mod -> 5 Windmills, T Mag-RF -> 100 Tornados
-Win 2 Fastitcalon cards, Card Mod -> 2 Water Crystals, I Mag-RF -> 100 Waters
-Win 5 Blitz cards, Card Mod -> 5 Dynamo Stones, T Mag-RF -> 100 Thundagas
-Win 15 Hexadragon cards, Card Mod -> 5 Red Fangs, R Mag-RF -> 100 Firagas
-Win 50 Chimera cards, Card Mod -> 5 Regen Rings, L Mag-RF -> 100 Full Lifes
-Win 4 Tonberry cards, Card Mod -> 4 Chef's Knives, L Mag-RF ->120 Deaths
-Win 10 TriFace cards, Card Mod -> 10 Curse Spikes, ST Mag-RF -> 100 Pains

Haha, cool! :love:
Itīs almost too much even for me, you know! :D

On second thought, I think Iīll stick with the Curaga and that "simple" stuff in the beginning,
or else itīll just be too much. :D :D :D

boys from the dwarf
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
also mod the diablo card(if your not a mayor card player.)and get virtually infininite demis.same with sacreds card(or minotaurs)but with quakes.also to make the game easier mod the bahamut card.

ThePheonix
08-10-2005, 04:13 AM
-Win 10 Gayla cards --> 10 mistery fluids --> 100 meltdowns (+80 vit. when Juctioned, vit.0 status when used)
-Win & mod Zell card for 3 Hyper Wrists (GF learns str. +60% ability)
-lvl.20-29 T-Rexaurs sometimes drop Dragon fangs (needed for Lionheart)
-Get the Punishment (I got it before the fire cavern)

ThePheonix
08-10-2005, 04:22 AM
You can also get the lionheart just after Timber...

You need:
-12 pulse ammo

-4 dragon fangs

-1 adamantite

-- 12 pulse ammo can be accuired in 2-3 ways, but both require the Ammo-RF abbility (ifrit)

-1.- You can do it the very slow and painful way-win 20 elnoyle cards (a few people here and there use them, starting in blamb), and then refining them into 2 energy crystals, which can then be refined into 20 pulse ammo.

-2.- The much faster way is to learn the mug ability (diablos) and increase your average character level with Squall, Selphie and Quistis to at least 30 by the second encounter with the "dream world". There you find monsters called Elnoyels near the end of the place, and they only appear in this one place! Any Elnoyels lvl. 30+ will give you laser canons when muged; after getting 3 you can move on, or you can stay and get more, as they are quite useful (1 refines into 5 pulse ammo, and Quistis learns homing laser from them). Now refine 3 of your Laser Cannons into 15 pulse ammo. {Belhemels very rarely drop laser cannons, so Elnoyels are the way to go}

--You can get quite commonly 6 dragon fangs from lvl. 20 - 29 T-Rexaurs, which can be found commonly in the training centre, and not so much in the forests of blamb.

--Adamantites can be aquired one of 2 ways:

-1.- Refine Minataur card into 10 Adamantites.

-2.- Adamantite is a very common drop by lvl. 30+ Adamantoises, which can be found at a beach close to Dollet, near a forest.

After aquiring these Items, go to the nearest Junk Shop (most likely Dollet or Timber, unless you're in Deling City, then there is one there.) and you will be able to remodel your current GunBlade to the Lionheart even if you have no Weapon monthly magazenes at all!