PDA

View Full Version : its help the noob time.

Yellow
08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Started the game a couple of hours ago and I'm getting aggrevated. Ok, level 6 squire with a bunch of jp to spare, why the hell can't I get some of the abilities (specifically, the counter attack one - but others dont work either)? Even with other characters, or even as a chemist, I have the jp to get the ability but the ability is greyd out and doesnt let me get it.. wtf? I want to switch to another class but I dont want to switch to it, level up and not be able to get the damn abilities.. So why can't I get them if I have the jp and what can I do so I can get them?

And if you are still reading, if one of my characters die but the countdown is still going and I finish the battle, does he die or does he stay alive since I finished the fight without the countdown reaching 0?

DocFrance
08-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Started the game a couple of hours ago and I'm getting aggrevated. Ok, level 6 squire with a bunch of jp to spare, why the hell can't I get some of the abilities (specifically, the counter attack one - but others dont work either)? Even with other characters, or even as a chemist, I have the jp to get the ability but the ability is greyd out and doesnt let me get it.. wtf? I want to switch to another class but I dont want to switch to it, level up and not be able to get the damn abilities.. So why can't I get them if I have the jp and what can I do so I can get them?

And if you are still reading, if one of my characters die but the countdown is still going and I finish the battle, does he die or does he stay alive since I finished the fight without the countdown reaching 0?
You might not have enough JP to buy the skills. "A bunch of jp" isn't very specific. You need to have 200 JP to buy Counter-Tackle. Maybe you're confused about that. And if you have enough JP but you still can't buy the skill, your game may be glitched. Try starting a new game.

If a character is knocked out, the counter runs out, and he or she turns into a crystal or treasure chest, then that character is permanently dead. If that character is Ramza, it's Game Over. The exception to this is AI-controlled guest characters, like Delita and Algus. They don't have a timer when they're knocked out.

Madonna
08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
If you have a bunch of JP for your Squire (let's say 500), you should have no problem at all spending a couple hundred for Counter Tackle. If something's grayed out, you don't have enough JP for it. Simple as that.

If you're talking about the Monk's Counter ability (since you're not specific), remember that JP are specific to jobs. If you have 3,000 JP for your character as a Squire, that 3,000 ain't gonna carry over to when he's a Knight, Monk, Chemist, or any other job.

Lastly, if your guy is knocked out but not a crystal or treasure chest when you finish a battle, he will live.

Tama2
08-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Plus there are 2 different abilty screens. One to look at the other to learn. So mkae sure you're on the right one 1st.

Yellow
08-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Plus there are 2 different abilty screens. One to look at the other to learn. So mkae sure you're on the right one 1st.

............................I'm gonna go play in traffic now. Thanks though.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-12-2005, 05:21 AM
lol, thats not nearly as bad as me when i started this game.

I didnt even know how to get to the screen that you see the characters.

So for the 1st 5 fights of the game all my units stayed as Squires and Chemists that they started as, and I never spent a single JP or changed any Equipment, lol

Once i figured it out i had soo much JP i practicly Masterded Squire right off the bat, rofl.

Lich3636
08-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I will do you one better first time i played i didnt know how to place characters spent half of the first chapter with just ramza