PDA

View Full Version : Help (Chain of Memories)

I Took the Red Pill
08-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Hi. I need help on Marluxia from CoM. Anyone got a good strategy?

abrojtm
08-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Part one or two?

cloud20747
08-10-2005, 04:31 AM
dodge and attack. ALOT

I Took the Red Pill
08-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Part 1

SeeDRankLou
08-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Have about five or six 0 cards in your deck (preferably of the Kingdom Key type for their low CP) and put them at the very end of your deck, that way you can just scroll to the left twice and you have a zero at your disposal. Put five or six cure spells just before the 0 cards so that those are are easily accessable as well. Marluxia uses sleights, so you may find it wise to throw in a few sleights of your own, preferably an Omnislash or two, just a few though, not too many, he can break them. The 0 cards are the important part of this battle. You may want to put the Darkside card in your deck, so that when he activates his Marluxia card you can copy it with the Darkside card and perform two Omnislashes in a row (if he lets you). Throw in a few Megalixirs or Mega Potions if you have those as well. If you have the room, definately put the Vexen card in your deck, and maybe the Jafar card.

So basically, use your 0 cards to break all of his sleights, this will severely weaken his strategy. Make sure you reload if you run out of 0 cards and dodge while you are reloading. If you get down to half of your last bar of health, go ahead and heal because he can hit very very hard with a few of his moves. And then just beat him senseless, throw in an Omnislash to take a sizeable chunk of HP away, heal when necessary. If you feel you aren't going to make it activate the Vexen card to give yourself another chance. Breaking his sleights is the most important thing here.

Momiji
08-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Just don't use Attack Magic and summoning and stick to Attacking. Keep some cures handy, along with Oogie Boogie (enemy card) and Vexen (enemy card). Go easy on the sleights too, as it's kinda hard to beat him when all you have left is a couple Kingdom Keys. Just keep that in mind.

Like SeedRankLou Mentioned, keep some elixirs, megalixirs, potions, and ethers (and their mega counterparts) handy.

Skyblade
08-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Have about five or six 0 cards in your deck (preferably of the Kingdom Key type for their low CP) and put them at the very end of your deck, that way you can just scroll to the left twice and you have a zero at your disposal. Put five or six cure spells just before the 0 cards so that those are are easily accessable as well. Marluxia uses sleights, so you may find it wise to throw in a few sleights of your own, preferably an Omnislash or two, just a few though, not too many, he can break them. The 0 cards are the important part of this battle. You may want to put the Darkside card in your deck, so that when he activates his Marluxia card you can copy it with the Darkside card and perform two Omnislashes in a row (if he lets you). Throw in a few Megalixirs or Mega Potions if you have those as well. If you have the room, definately put the Vexen card in your deck, and maybe the Jafar card.

So basically, use your 0 cards to break all of his sleights, this will severely weaken his strategy. Make sure you reload if you run out of 0 cards and dodge while you are reloading. If you get down to half of your last bar of health, go ahead and heal because he can hit very very hard with a few of his moves. And then just beat him senseless, throw in an Omnislash to take a sizeable chunk of HP away, heal when necessary. If you feel you aren't going to make it activate the Vexen card to give yourself another chance. Breaking his sleights is the most important thing here.

Um, no he doesn't. You must be thinking of someone else.

I don't know what you people are talking about. Part 1? You only face Marluxia once, at the game's end. He doesn't use either sleights or zero cards. Load a deck with 8 and 9 value attack cards, a couple Potions/Hi Potions, a few Cure spells, and then let loose on him. It takes a long time to kill him, since his health bar is huge and you can't always attack him, but you can break all of his attacks easily, since he doesn't seem to use any higher than 7.

Christmas
08-28-2005, 04:24 AM

I don't know what you people are talking about. Part 1? You only face Marluxia once, at the game's end. He doesn't use either sleights or zero cards. Load a deck with 8 and 9 value attack cards, a couple Potions/Hi Potions, a few Cure spells, and then let loose on him. It takes a long time to kill him, since his health bar is huge and you can't always attack him, but you can break all of his attacks easily, since he doesn't seem to use any higher than 7.

He is talking about he human version of Marluxia that wield that scythe of his.

Here is a few Sleights that he used.

Deathscythe: He swings the scythe and creates a huge magical slash
to hit Sora.
Blossom Shower: He creates a big twirling tornado of rose petals that
circle around him and the area near him. If you're
inside the petals range, it hurts Sora.

Then Sora will realize that the Marluxia is a fake and the real one is inside that door which rides on a big machine.

Skyblade
08-28-2005, 11:40 AM

He is talking about he human version of Marluxia that wield that scythe of his.

Here is a few Sleights that he used.

Deathscythe: He swings the scythe and creates a huge magical slash
to hit Sora.
Blossom Shower: He creates a big twirling tornado of rose petals that
circle around him and the area near him. If you're
inside the petals range, it hurts Sora.

Then Sora will realize that the Marluxia is a fake and the real one is inside that door which rides on a big machine.

While I appreciate the assumption that I have at least some idea what I'm talking about, it is, in this case, entirely unwarranted. My previous post is just an example of what happens when I stay up too late on these forums. I had completely forgotten that battle.

Christmas
08-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Huh? Did I offend you or something? I apologize if I do.