PDA

View Full Version : Aaliyah Tribute

Ashley Schovitz
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
It's been many years since Aaliyah's accidental plane crash. She was one great singer. Here's me and some other people at an Aaliyah tributehttp://music.r2.ru/img/aaliyah_fans.jpg Here's her greatest songs
Back and Forth, One in a Million, Hot Like fire, Four Page Letter, Rock The Boat, More Than a Woman, Journey to the Past

Chris
08-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Come on, she wasn't that great a singer?

Doomie
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM

You don't see US making fun of Grace Jones! >=O...Oh...wait...

Kirobaito
08-10-2005, 09:35 PM

At least we keep most of it behind his back. Wait, what?

Karl
08-10-2005, 09:36 PM
i dont see you mourning about any other people deaths :grumble:

really now of all the people to die in plane crashes, alyiah or w/e wasnt the most important

Chris
08-10-2005, 09:37 PM
That is an outragous LIE.

Peegee
08-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Using that argument none of the people who died that day were important. So cut the hate. Asianate.

"Age ain't nothing but a number" is my fav. Thanks for reminding me.

PS: I knew I found the girl in your ava/sig attractive for a reason. Yay

Rye
08-10-2005, 09:38 PM
People we care about may not be the most important in the world to others, but they still mean something. And a death is always a tragedy. RIP Aaliyah.

EDIT: PG's got it right.

Doomie
08-10-2005, 09:39 PM

At least we keep most of it behind his back. Wait, what?

I'm just happy that he never found out about www.gracejonessucksmassivehairyarsebydoomieandkirobaitoandtherestoftheEoFFpopulationexceptChris.com Ummm...wait...

Shoeberto
08-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Music discussion goes in the lounge :)

Chris
08-10-2005, 09:53 PM
When did this become a: Lets-abuse-Chris's-lover-thread? :mad2:

Lindy
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
In terms of plane crash victims, Lynard Skynard were a much greater loss than some vaguely-popular R&B singer.

In fact, it's not even R&B, where exactly is the rhythmn OR the blues?

Flying Mullet
08-10-2005, 09:57 PM
When did this become a: Lets-abuse-Chris's-lover-thread? :mad2:
When she put on the leather mask.

In terms of plane crash victims, Lynard Skynard were a much greater loss than some vaguely-popular R&B singer.

Or the day the music died.

Kirobaito
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Bye-bye, Miss American Pie,
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry.
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye,
Singing, "This'll be the day that I die."

Sorry, but after Mullet's statement it had to be said.

EDIT: And of course, John Denver's death. The difference is that his death came well after the American public denied the very kind of music that they once associated with and left a singer who actually had talent in the dust so they could move onto the 80's, and, well, Grace Jones.

Nick Schovitz
08-10-2005, 10:13 PM
The blues is in the songs man like Journey to the past, and I miss U. The rythm is in the beat. Anyway Aaliyah was a great loss and may her spirit live on. Thank you baby for making this thread.

Doomie
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
I think that every single person on that plane was a *most important person* in someone's life, so saying Aaliyah was the most important is a disgrace to everyone else on that plane. To each his own. However, she was a talented singer, so may she rest in peace.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Or the day the music died.
I feel sick I forgot that now.

XxSephirothxX
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
*Listens to American Pie* :(

Was this the woman who was supposed to be in the two Matrix sequels? It's a shame when anyone dies in a plane crash.

DMKA
08-11-2005, 05:15 AM
Was this the woman who was supposed to be in the two Matrix sequels? It's a shame when anyone dies in a plane crash.
Yes, she is.

I was shocked when I woke up and heard it on the news...cause it was someone I heard on an normal basis and liked somewhat. Of course, I was FAR more shocked when I heard that Lisa Lopes, or Lefteye of TLC, had died.

Oh and my favorite song by her would be "We Need A Resolution", but out of the ones on that list would be "Are You That Somebody".