PDA

View Full Version : Selena Tribute

Ashley Schovitz
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
http://www.texasalmanac.com/music/Selena.JPG Selena had to be one of the best singers of all time. She was exuberant, she didn't know spanish well,even thugh she was mexican because she has to learn English if born in the U.S. Let us take a bow for Selena Quintinilla Perez

Chris
08-10-2005, 10:52 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SELENA! I have all of her CDs.

Marshall Banana
08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Wow. I barely remember her. I was really young when she died. I do remember that movie made about her though, starring Jennifer Lopez I think...

I can't remember any of her songs...One song I particularly liked I remember somewhat from the movie, but barely. Jennifer is singing it on stage then stops and everything goes silent. Then a bunch of news footage is shown of the singer's death, if I remember it correctly. I have no clue what the name of it was though.

DK
08-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Who?

Rusty
08-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I love Selena's music - shes gorgeous. It's sad that she was killed.

DMKA
08-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Most people that lived in the United States outside of Southern California, Southern Arizonia, Southern New Mexico, and Southern Texas (or in other words, near the Mexican Boarder) didn't really know who she was until she died, but only because there was a major motion picture made about her. The main song I'd say the average person knows of by her without knowing it was her is "I Could Fall In Love".

As for me, yeah, I like most of her music, and I grew up in an area where she was semi-well known. It's a shame her manager murdered her right when she was starting her Spanish/English crossover thing and her career was really going to take off.

Nick Schovitz
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry babe but I really didn't know much about her until showed me the movie last week. Wish I could've listened to her music, there's probably somewhere on the internet that I can download her songs.

Pure Strife
08-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Her death brought Jennifer Lopez into the spotlight, so it was really a double tragedy when you think about it.