PDA

View Full Version : squall

leon123
08-11-2005, 02:13 AM
i just finished disk1 and saw sqaull die does he come back!?!

SammieBabe
08-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Play disc 2 and find out for yourself.... :)

MAS82587
08-11-2005, 02:23 AM
lol come on dude. thats like reading the end of a chapter in a book and then asking someone what happens next. just put the disk in and play. the game is just starting to get interesting.

Megalixir
08-11-2005, 02:55 AM
;)

crazybayman
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Nope. Never.

redxiiii
08-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Nope he dies and Zell becomes the main character and him and rinoa get together. :rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2005, 04:28 PM
come on...there's still three discs to go...
Squal dies, and edea casts rinoa and irvine out in the middle of nowhere along with squall's dead body, and they have to eat him because there is no food.

sparkie
08-12-2005, 06:53 AM
The whole thing was a dream.

Skyblade
08-12-2005, 07:02 AM
The whole thing was a dream.

Well, I didn't really want to answer this topic's question, because I agree with most people that he is ridiculous to ask instead of just pop in the next disk. But when I saw the post above, I had to comment on it.

I'm not sure if that is valid. An illusion, quite possibly, but a dream, probably not. The attack she uses against Squall appears to be her Limit Break (which you see later in the game), but when she uses it then it definitely has lasting reprecussions. Was it an illusion, or were his wounds healed? I'm not sure. I have my beliefs, but I don't think the matter can be proved one way or another.

Oh, and leon123? You don't actually see Squall die. While at first it may look like the Ice Spear hit him in the neck, as he falls it is quite clear that it struck him in the shoulder. Unless he suffered massive blood loss, the most that would have happened would be a broken collarbone.

sparkie
08-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I was kidding. Oops.

Skyblade
08-12-2005, 07:19 AM
I was kidding. Oops.

That was the problem. Yours was a viewpoint that made enough sense that someone other than Future Esthar might actually come to that conclusion. Add in the fact that you put it in spoilers and I wasn't sure whether or not it was a real opinion or a joke, so I decided to post my viewpoints on the subject, just to be safe.

Should I delete the part in spoilers?

sparkie
08-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I was kidding. Oops.

That was the problem. Yours was a viewpoint that made enough sense that someone other than Future Esthar might actually come to that conclusion. Add in the fact that you put it in spoilers and I wasn't sure whether or not it was a real opinion or a joke, so I decided to post my viewpoints on the subject, just to be safe.

Should I delete the part in spoilers?

Nah, it's a good view point. I wasn't seriously thinking about it but it could start an interesting discussion! Now I'm wondering... What the heck did happen??? :p

Skyblade
08-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Nah, it's a good view point. I wasn't seriously thinking about it but it could start an interesting discussion! Now I'm wondering... What the heck did happen??? :p

Yay! I'm confusing people and offering reasonable theories about the game. Life is good.

Flare_Cross
08-13-2005, 09:25 AM
i'll TRY to find how... it maybee will lead to nothing but i'll found something, true or not...

Saying that maybee Squall was healed or the Ice Strike's hit was'nt fatal is'nt really a good one since there is a "maybee" which leaves a possibility that he was'nt healed... and... did you look at the size of that thing?

here is a few picture, and the shoulder does'nt seem to be where it hits, Skyblade.

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0021.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0029.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0030.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0031.jpg

those pictures comes from : http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/

Add-up----

i just got a picture...(spoiler known by a lot of people which i won't write here...)

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0744_0124.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0744_0123.jpg

i just discovered that both Squall and Seifer made each other themself a scar that day...mmmm is'nt that interesting...

tailz
08-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Add-up----

i just got a picture...(spoiler known by a lot of people which i won't write here...)

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0744_0124.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0744_0123.jpg

i just discovered that both Squall and Seifer made each other themself a scar that day...mmmm is'nt that interesting...

yeah verry intresting but whats with the rinoa and sqaull pics

Skyblade
08-13-2005, 08:07 PM
i'll TRY to find how... it maybee will lead to nothing but i'll found something, true or not...

Saying that maybee Squall was healed or the Ice Strike's hit was'nt fatal is'nt really a good one since there is a "maybee" which leaves a possibility that he was'nt healed... and... did you look at the size of that thing?

here is a few picture, and the shoulder does'nt seem to be where it hits, Skyblade.

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0021.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0029.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0030.jpg

http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/STR0743_0031.jpg

those pictures comes from : http://www.finalfantasyultima.com/graphics/ff8%20pics/Pics/Disk%201/

Add-up----

Actually, the shoulder is where it seems to hit there. It strikes him right next to his armpit. That's still the shoulder area, in my opinion. Your second pic is pointless. As I said, it initially seems to hit him in the neck. And the reason it seems so large there is that it is closer than we think it is, so it appears larger. Looking at the pics where we have a clear view of things, the Ice Spear appears to be no more than an inch and a half in diameter. It would definitely be possible to survive that blow.

And I said "maybe" because, as I pointed out, the game doesn't tell us exactly what happens. So we don't actually know.

And if you use this as a starting point for a whole bunch of crackpot theories, I will shoot you.

leon123
08-13-2005, 08:38 PM
ok i beat the desert prison who heals him?

Dreddz
08-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Squall should of died in my words....

Flare_Cross
08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
And if you use this as a starting point for a whole bunch of crackpot theories, I will shoot you.

I'm getting more then tired of that, no i am not Future Esthar if there's a way someone finds to prove it then just tell it.

And once again, I don't see why people started telling that just because i made somesort of theory that a made a night where i was spleepy like a zombie(like most of time, anyway) that i first thought to be good and i post it to see if whether or not people would agree with it or not and correct me if it was the case... not judge me or calling me name(i red some of FutureEsthar's theory)... And then Sir Bahamut told about this site with the plots and all so i red the Ultimecia/Time Plot that no one really knows in fact who Ultimecia really is without getting into spoilers.

Oh and Skyblade... i wonder if your a E.T. right now since for what i see, a hit like that should have killed him. But perhaps someone would like to sacrifice himself to see if a stake that big and at the exact striking place would kill him, for the name of science, of course. Volunteers?

BackRoomKid
08-13-2005, 09:23 PM
people spoil themselves too much with the internet, here's a thought:

play it all by yourself! *gulp*

sarcasm should be seen in this comment, i just don't like it when people wanna know the ending when they just barely got introduced to the plot

Flare_Cross
08-13-2005, 09:41 PM
If you want, we can make a spoiler right here and now saying that it's the moombas who saved Squall since if you talk to a precise one at the prison, it will give you an Elixir(or somesort of potion.... something that heals...anyway). *sarcasm*

Seriously, we could find out the truth if we knew what happens between disk 1 and disk 2...

Kamiko
08-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Everyone dies except the girls who all become Edea's sex slaves.
I have some very strange dreams of late.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Hmm. Maybe...just maybe...they used cure magic??? If Rinoa can fly through space on a dog, then she can cast healing magic. Really people...does it matter? If they have technology to freeze someone and shoot them into space, then maybe they have the technology to heal wounds.

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Everyone dies except the girls who all become Edea's sex slaves.
I have some very strange dreams of late.
O.o

Hmm. Maybe...just maybe...they used cure magic??? If Rinoa can fly through space on a dog, then she can cast healing magic. Really people...does it matter? If they have technology to freeze someone and shoot them into space, then maybe they have the technology to heal wounds.
o.O

Kamiko
08-14-2005, 01:08 AM
My theory was good.

Flare_Cross
08-14-2005, 01:24 AM
i did'nt find a thing on it yet... the only thing we can "presume" is that he was healed and if you look at it, there's no blood... but that's still is too simple since it's the first thing that people said when they saw him alive in disk 2(excluding "It was a dream")...
---
Kamiko, je peux savoir ce que tu veux par "Je veux sauver votre coeur"?

Christmas
08-14-2005, 02:42 AM
hmm...this is just like asking how do Ultimecia obtain the junction machine Ellone.

Anyway, why not try to look at this another way. Edea wanted to know the real meaning of SeeD. Squall is the leader of the group of SeeD that is captured at that moment. He is needed to be kept alive to reveal the meaning of SeeD.

there's no blood...

This is nothing surprising. There is no blood when Sephiroth stabbed Aeris but one can said because she is stabbed by the legendary masamume. But when Sephiroth attacked the Shinra HQ, there is blood all over the place. Unless Sephiroth didn't use his sword all the way.

ThroneofDravaris
08-14-2005, 02:49 AM
He wakes up in the real world, and finds out Seifer was a Sephiroth Clone...

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 03:04 AM
is that when you go fight sapphire weapon in the sea of eden after you do the chocobo h@c sidequest?

Skyblade
08-14-2005, 08:17 AM
is that when you go fight sapphire weapon in the sea of eden after you do the chocobo h@c sidequest?

(Oh, c'mon. Give us something a little more plausible than that. Sapphire weapon got it's head blown off by the Junon cannon. It's dead. Deceased. Kaput. End of Story. Just bring in more Aeris revival stories.)

Sorry, Flare_Cross. After spending the past month or so trying to argue a little sense into Future Esthar and convince him to abandon his mad theories, and then to come in and see a couple of yours.... I over-reacted. I'm sorry.

Actually, while that blow would hurt like hell, it wouldn't be fatal except by blood loss (or infections). I've gotten more than my share of bumps and bruises, seen others get plenty more, and happen to be trained in First Aid and basic medical treatment. While naturally a full assessment would be easier if I actually had the wounded individual in front of me, I don't think any vital organs were severly damaged. With treatment, he could survive, though his use of that arm may be limited for a time.

Anyway, that doesn't matter. As has been pointed out, there is no blood, no wound once he awakens, and no explanation as to what happened. We really don't know. We don't even know if he was actually physically attacked. I'd love an explanation for what happened, but I don't think we're going to find one...

Takara
08-14-2005, 09:57 AM
You all seem to forget the most important thing; it's a video game. While they do try to keep it realistic, most of the time you have to go to hell with realism and use a bit of fantasy/science fiction to let the story progress.

Some enemies can shoot a lot of bullets at the main characters, and yet none of them get killed by it, whereas in the real world, one can be sufficent to kill a person. If getting shot by multiple bullets won't kill you, getting impaled in the shoulder by a magical ice shard probably won't kill you immediately either.

As for how Squall got healed, as it was already mentionned, Edea wanted to know the real meaning of SeeD. Letting the guy who may detain the information you want die isn't really a smart move. It's plausible that Edea, through Seifer, asked that Squall and co. be healed, questioned, and if necessary tortured in other to get the information she wanted.

Christmas
08-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Some enemies can shoot a lot of bullets at the main characters, and yet none of them get killed by it, whereas in the real world, one can be sufficent to kill a person. If getting shot by multiple bullets won't kill you, getting impaled in the shoulder by a magical ice shard probably won't kill you immediately either.

Interesting point here. Like Barret getting shot by Scarlet and gang and lost one of his arm but never lost the other when random Shinra soldiers shot him.

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 08:37 AM
As for how Squall got healed, as it was already mentionned, Edea wanted to know the real meaning of SeeD. Letting the guy who may detain the information you want die isn't really a smart move. It's plausible that Edea, through Seifer, asked that Squall and co. be healed, questioned, and if necessary tortured in other to get the information she wanted.

Not a valid explanation. No one ever says "we healed him in order to interrogate him". How do you know the entire thing wasn't simply an illusionary attack, and that the reason he passed out was due to shock? You don't.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 08:53 AM
technology healed him, simple as.

XD

ice ice baby.

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 08:54 AM

XD

ice ice baby.

Let's take a vote. Can we kill G SpOtZ for this? I vote "Yes"...

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 09:02 AM

XD

ice ice baby.

Let's take a vote. Can we kill G SpOtZ for this? I vote "Yes"...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dun kill me, i'll give you moogle pie if you let me live.

Christmas
08-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Not a valid explanation. No one ever says "we healed him in order to interrogate him". How do you know the entire thing wasn't simply an illusionary attack, and that the reason he passed out was due to shock? You don't.

But one thing we all know that Edea want to know the real meaning of SeeD and needed them alive.

The last thing that happen in the battle is Edea said something "All SeeD must die" then came the FMV which she shoot a ice shard at Squall. Whether it is a illusionary attack or a real attack is yet to know. But we all know Squall got hit and fell down from the...car?I dun really know how to describe that thing...

Whatever that attack is, it is definetly not fatal enough to claim Squall's life.But it is a fact that Squall fell down that.."car". So, he might just hit his head when he fell onto the ground and fainted? since we cannot confirm whether anyone healed him if the attack did injure him and caused him to pass out. Just a deduction.

liamo
08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
he got hit in the shoulder with an ice shard if that would make someone die instantly then yes he died and came back to life so square wouldn't have to listen to a bunch of muppets asking if he can be resurrected... now put in the second disc and play the thing

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Carbuncle saves him! Then Edea explodes.

sparkie
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't get why Edea was supposed to be assassinated from one bullet but when you're in battle you could shoot her a hundred times and she'd still be alive and kicking...

Christmas
08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't get why Edea was supposed to be assassinated from one bullet but when you're in battle you could shoot her a hundred times and she'd still be alive and kicking...

Exactly the point Takara raised up.

sparkie
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Yes but it's not just inconsistent with real life, it's inconsistent within the game, which is different.

ThroneofDravaris
08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Are you really that worried about physical discrepancies in a game that includes time compression?

Anyway, I have a new theory as to what happered:

Edea’s limit break is a piss weak attack that couldn’t kill anything.

Seriously, it did like 200 damage on disk 3…

sparkie
08-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Are you really that worried about physical discrepancies in a game that includes time compression?
That's exactly my point. It would be nice to know what really happened but we're just as well off assuming they sprinkled a dash of cure magic on him and voila! I like magic. Magic is nice.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 09:50 PM
That's exactly my point. It would be nice to know what really happened but we're just as well off assuming they sprinkled a dash of cure magic on him and voila! I like magic. Magic is nice.
me too.

Flare_Cross
08-16-2005, 06:21 AM
i think the battles in FF aren't like they seem. I'm not sure they all stand there in line in from of a huge monster and they are all there receiving almost every blast without noticing it... i guess the battles are more.... i don't really know the word i'm searching but let's say figurative("au figuré" pour ceux qui comprennent ce qui écrit dans la parenthèse), or imaginative. The battles are real in their world but they may not appear like they are(for us). The numbers are ways to see the way it turns out... so even thought in the game every hit does damage in their world the target could have dodged it or blocked it... the way we see their world's battle is a better to add imagination and possibility then just hit like in Zelda or Devil May Cry or whatever.... someone understands?

liamo
08-16-2005, 09:13 AM
-.- sadly yes i do and my god i'm going to shoot myself

Christmas
08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
i think the battles in FF aren't like they seem. I'm not sure they all stand there in line in from of a huge monster and they are all there receiving almost every blast without noticing it... i guess the battles are more....

But it is a fact that we see it this way. I did notice that characters in FF VI changed expression when they are hit and kneel down when they are near death. Also in FF X-2, the girls will yell if they are hit if i remember correctly. So it is a possible that they notice they are hit and Square is trying to make it as realistic as possible.

i don't really know the word i'm searching but let's say figurative("au figuré" pour ceux qui comprennent ce qui écrit dans la parenthèse), or imaginative. The battles are real in their world but they may not appear like they are(for us). The numbers are ways to see the way it turns out... so even thought in the game every hit does damage in their world the target could have dodged it or blocked it... the way we see their world's battle is a better to add imagination and possibility then just hit like in Zelda or Devil May Cry or whatever.... someone understands?

Maybe. Like Squall got a scar after being slash by Seifer in the opening FMV and never had another one after being slash by Seifer again in the later part of the game.

So the opening FMV fight scene is considered the "real" battle while the later encounter is consider as the "imaginative" battle? So when Squall slash Seifer with his gunblade for 50 damage doesn't actually mean Squall actually slash Seifer with his gunblade or else it is possible that Squall might leave another scar for Seifer or worse, Squall chopped off one of Seifer's limbs. So Seifer dodged or blocked Squall's attack in the "real" battle. So where or why do the 50 damage appear? If Seifer dodged or blocked the attack, he won't get hurt or maybe Squall did hit Seifer but not enough to cause serious injuries? Or dodging or blocking an attack will cause serious injuries to one. But if that is the case, what is the point of dodging and blocking? We all know that and attack might "miss" in the FF games and "miss" mean 0 damage done.

But let's look at the FMV, Squall slashed Seifer on the face once and left a deep scar. So if the first 50 damage dealing attack aren't enough to cause serious injuries, maybe the next few attacks will be enough to leave multiple scars or loss of limbs to Seifer in the "real" battle and numbers pop up in the "imaginative" battle?

And if the "real" battle turned out to be something like Kingdom Hearts which you can dodge, block, run and evade attack and at the same time attack your enemies with no numbers pooping out, well I will say that is pretty realistic. But we got Sora surviving attacks from an oversized sword enough to split a cow to two pieces in one slash and Sora staying in one piece after a slivered hair one winged angel wielding a nine foot long sword does a frenzy of standing and leaping blows at Sora.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
i think the battles in FF aren't like they seem. I'm not sure they all stand there in line in from of a huge monster and they are all there receiving almost every blast without noticing it... i guess the battles are more....

But it is a fact that we see it this way. I did notice that characters in FF VI changed expression when they are hit and kneel down when they are near death. Also in FF X-2, the girls will yell if they are hit if i remember correctly. So it is a possible that they notice they are hit and Square is trying to make it as realistic as possible.

i don't really know the word i'm searching but let's say figurative("au figuré" pour ceux qui comprennent ce qui écrit dans la parenthèse), or imaginative. The battles are real in their world but they may not appear like they are(for us). The numbers are ways to see the way it turns out... so even thought in the game every hit does damage in their world the target could have dodged it or blocked it... the way we see their world's battle is a better to add imagination and possibility then just hit like in Zelda or Devil May Cry or whatever.... someone understands?

Maybe. Like Squall got a scar after being slash by Seifer in the opening FMV and never had another one after being slash by Seifer again in the later part of the game.

So the opening FMV fight scene is considered the "real" battle while the later encounter is consider as the "imaginative" battle? So when Squall slash Seifer with his gunblade for 50 damage doesn't actually mean Squall actually slash Seifer with his gunblade or else it is possible that Squall might leave another scar for Seifer or worse, Squall chopped off one of Seifer's limbs. So Seifer dodged or blocked Squall's attack in the "real" battle. So where or why do the 50 damage appear? If Seifer dodged or blocked the attack, he won't get hurt or maybe Squall did hit Seifer but not enough to cause serious injuries? Or dodging or blocking an attack will cause serious injuries to one. But if that is the case, what is the point of dodging and blocking? We all know that and attack might "miss" in the FF games and "miss" mean 0 damage done.

But let's look at the FMV, Squall slashed Seifer on the face once and left a deep scar. So if the first 50 damage dealing attack aren't enough to cause serious injuries, maybe the next few attacks will be enough to leave multiple scars or loss of limbs to Seifer in the "real" battle and numbers pop up in the "imaginative" battle?

And if the "real" battle turned out to be something like Kingdom Hearts which you can dodge, block, run and evade attack and at the same time attack your enemies with no numbers pooping out, well I will say that is pretty realistic. But we got Sora surviving attacks from an oversized sword enough to split a cow to two pieces in one slash and Sora staying in one piece after a slivered hair one winged angel wielding a nine foot long sword does a frenzy of standing and leaping blows at Sora.
you like to think a lot. i like that.

and i agree. for the most part.

i think it's funny how u used "50 damage" all over agian. every time i read it i was thinking "psh. i did WAY more than 50 damage. of course that couldn't leave a scar" XD
but i agree. and hmm. the only times they caused scars on eachother was when nobody else was around. like when you fight siefer in game play, the rest of ur party is fighting by urself, but when they're not their and they show the fmv, they're alone fighting. maybe it just gets more intense or something, they have nobody around then to worry about XD

EDIT: i just realized that in other posts too, when unknowns makes huge huge points and replies, i actually read them O_O and agree with them O_O but i never pay attention that's it her saying it, i always assumed it was someone else cuz i don't pay attention to who's typing it, rather than what's in the reply. o.O

Sir Bahamut
08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Firstly, as has been brought up, battle physics =/= plot physics! What happens in a battle doesn't reflect real life. This is why you can shoot Edea a hundred times in battle without her dying, while one single bullet in the plot is enough to kill her.

Secondly, to get back to the point at hand, there's no way we'll know for sure, but it seems quite likely that Squall was simply healed by magic. We know he didn't die, and he wakes up fine, so either he was healed regularly, or he was healed by magic. It works either way.

Now, Skyblade mentioned that it might be an "illusion". Well, it certainly doesn't look like Squall is getting hit by an imaginary ice shard to me. It looks quite real. It probably hurt like hell too. However, it just didn't kill him. That's it.

The only other explanation I've heard offered before, is one involving multiple universes. It suggests that Squall DID die, and that from disc 2 and onwards we are playing in a different dimension. There's a lot more technical stuff to boot, but that's the main jist. Personally, I dislike it, because I firstly do not believe that alternate universes exist in FF8, and secondly because I believe that the simplest solution is always better.

The simplest solution here is that Squall got healed.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
hooray for quick and easy solutions.

Christmas
08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
i think it's funny how u used "50 damage" all over agian. every time i read it i was thinking "psh. i did WAY more than 50 damage. of course that couldn't leave a scar" XD

If you mean that 50 damage is too low to cause serious injuries or cause a scar, but some monsters(Geezard, Galbadian soldiers...) did DIED from 50 damage caused. It is enough to kill, why can't it cause a small puny scar?

The amount of damage inflicted isn't that much important to cause a scar. Like you do Lionheart on Ultimecia and each hit for 9999 damage so how many scars will you think there be?

In the opening FMV, do you think Seifer and Squall are able to inflict major damage like 9000+ so as to give each other a scar? They dun even have 1000+ Hp in the begining.

And thanks for your compliments. :)

Firstly, as has been brought up, battle physics =/= plot physics! What happens in a battle doesn't reflect real life. This is why you can shoot Edea a hundred times in battle without her dying, while one single bullet in the plot is enough to kill her.

Agreed. Aeris can get shot and stabbed by monsters and stay alive but died instantly when Sephiroth stabbed her.

Secondly, to get back to the point at hand, there's no way we'll know for sure.

Like I said before, this is just like asking how do Ultimecia obtain Junction Machine Ellone in the future...

The only other explanation I've heard offered before, is one involving multiple universes. It suggests that Squall DID die, and that from disc 2 and onwards we are playing in a different dimension. There's a lot more technical stuff to boot, but that's the main jist. Personally, I dislike it, because I firstly do not believe that alternate universes exist in FF8, and secondly because I believe that the simplest solution is always better.

Look like Chrono Cross to me..... :Oo:

The simplest solution here is that Squall got healed.

Whatever it is,This is the outcome and one of the logical explaination and may not be the truth is Edea want to know the real meaning of SeeD or in Edea's subconsious she couldn't bear to kill Squall.