PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon Tribute

Jebus
08-11-2005, 05:29 AM
When in Rome eh?

This October will be the 25th anniversary of the death of quite possibly the biggest influence on modern music.

Brilliant lyricist, major player in the peace movement. The world is a sad, sad place without him.

Meat Puppet
08-11-2005, 08:03 AM
I have no idea what the world was like with him, but one of my favourite musicians nevertheless. I was supposed to do a study on him years ago but I never did because of laziness, thus I know too little about him. Sometimes I'll start looking for more (on the internet) but all I can find are blogs of 30 years olds whining about car troubles and stuff.

Err.. I don't think I'm going to be in Rome anytime soon though. :confused:

DMKA
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
I think his death is a tad overrated, but other than that I couldn't agree with you more.

DK
08-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Kyono> Why can't we have a John Lennon tribute thread instead. =(

<3

Spiffing Cheese
08-11-2005, 06:18 PM
He was truly awesome. :cry: Jebus, it's AUGUST. :D?

Boosk
08-11-2005, 06:19 PM
THE greatest music man we will ever had.

Well done Jeebs <3

Kagga :love:

Chris
08-11-2005, 06:21 PM
In my opinion Lennon did not have any extraordinary talents; he just had a great appeal as a human - to most.

faster skating penguin
08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
In my opinion Lennon did not have any extraordinary talents; he just had a great appeal as a human - to most.

you're close to a mollywhopin' boy! :mad2:

Spiffing Cheese
08-12-2005, 01:29 AM
you're close to a mollywhopin' boy! :mad2:

Lindy
08-12-2005, 01:35 AM
He was nothing special, and much of a hypocrite, the lyrics to Imagine cover that fact quite nicely.

He was better off with The Beatles, but hey, at least he was a nicer guy than Paul McCartney.

If he hadn't died, the music would have stagnated further and he wouldn't have been so memorable, as he'd still be around now, with The Beatles having reformed, performing awful, boring songs.

I do rather object to the fact that Yoko keeps raping his corpse for more money, but hey, that's what you get when you marry a woman like that.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-13-2005, 11:27 PM
This October will be the 25th anniversary of the death of quite possibly the biggest influence on modern music.

Err... wasn't he born on October 9th, 1940 but died on December 8th, 1980?

Jebus
08-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Bah. I got confused.

>_< *feels stupid*

Endless
08-13-2005, 11:58 PM
There will be a Lennon special at the Cité de la musique, here in Paris from Oct 26 to Oct 29, most notably two Sonic Youth tribute concerts (I need to buy my ticket D:) and projection of a movie about him.

Spiffing Cheese
08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
He was nothing special, and much of a hypocrite, the lyrics to Imagine cover that fact quite nicely.

He was better off with The Beatles, but hey, at least he was a nicer guy than Paul McCartney.

If he hadn't died, the music would have stagnated further and he wouldn't have been so memorable, as he'd still be around now, with The Beatles having reformed, performing awful, boring songs.

I do rather object to the fact that Yoko keeps raping his corpse for more money, but hey, that's what you get when you marry a woman like that.

I agree that he was a hypocrite, but he still wrote amazing lyrics and was a great instrumentalist. I don't think either him or Paul McCartney were great outside of The Beatles, but yeah. Paul McCartney is a dickweed.

DMKA
08-14-2005, 06:46 AM
o_________o