Archangel342
08-11-2005, 12:05 PM
So...was it sad or not?

Archangel342
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Personally, I'm just curious to know what other people think about the ending

redxiiii
08-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Do you realise that you have made like 3 of the same thread?

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
it was sad but tidus returns if u complete x - 2 100% like me

boys from the dwarf
08-13-2005, 06:39 PM
id only just class it as sad but not too sad but still there nothing that sad about it.

Pouring Rain
08-13-2005, 08:00 PM
it was sad and hilarious at the same time

Shadowdeathrose
08-14-2005, 12:52 PM
yeh the parts that was hilarious was when yuna tryed to hug tidus and and fell through him and the part when he jumped off the airship (it's a gd job he was disapering but he dint obviosly anyway) cuase i wouldn't like to have been the person cleaning the stain off the floor!

Fireblade13
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
It would be funny if he realized then that the fayth wee pulling a prank on him and lulu used some black magic to make him invis or remember invis was a spell in FF1 so maybe yuna did it. Yeah Tidus commited suicide

FFX_fanatiq
09-07-2005, 11:07 PM
OMG!

KH-Cloudy
09-11-2005, 05:15 AM
do u really get tidus at the end of ff-x2 and i like the part where i got to see tidus,jecht,auron
and i choose very sad :(

TurkSlayer
09-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I was happy to see Tidus go, personally.

Medi
09-11-2005, 03:39 PM
i was also happy to see tidus die, edit:disappear because he never actually existed, i wish yuna and rikku had also died, though

edit: as well as wakka and they should have kept auron

now THAT would be a great ending

the sequel would have auron, kimahri, and lulu. much better

TurkSlayer
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
i was also happy to see tidus die, edit:disappear because he never actually existed, i wish yuna and rikku had also died, though

Rikku was okay, but I agree with everything else.

Fireblade13
09-14-2005, 09:44 PM

ditch kimarhi bring in Yuna and I absolutely agree

Karl
09-14-2005, 10:14 PM
it was too short

Luara
09-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Do you realise that you have made like 3 of the same thread?
whats the problem? I think everybody does that..seeing all the threads are iquals and seemed... I just got here and Im just accustomed now... :rolleyes2

Masamune·1600
09-14-2005, 11:00 PM

Actually, Tidus did die, and he did actually exist. Dream Zanarkand (an actual physical location in Spira) and its residents (Tidus included, obviously) were bound to Spira by the Summoning. When Yu Yevon was defeated, that Summoning ended, and the force which physically manifested Tidus was removed. Thus, he died, and went to the Farplane for two years.

Yliette
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I pray that you do not take this too offensively Masamune-1600 but Dream Zanarkand never was a location in the physical map of Spira. You might be referring the Zanarkand Ruins that's existent in the "real" Spira. But then again, Dream Zanarkand is just...what it says! A dream! That's the exact words of Bahamut's Fayth.

"This isn't a dream. That's because you ARE a dream. Your father, your mother, and the entire Zanarkand. They're all just dreams."

Well, they may not be the exact words of the Fayth but still they prove the exact point. He DID exist but only as a dream and not as a real person.

And it wasn't the summoning that linked Dream Zanarkand to Spira but the Fayth themselves. Since before the Eternal Calm, Sin reconquered on a decade basis hence the Fayth had to continue existing to give power to the Summoners. It was only when Sin has expired permanently that the Fayth may finally gain eternal rest and cease dreaming.

Since Zanarkand and its Summoners and Aeons lost the Machina War between Bevelle that took place a thousand years ago, the surviving citizens of Zanarkand transformed themselves into Fayths. And to somehow keep their Zanarkand alive, they gathered their memories and materialized them to create a whole new imaginary Zanarkand thus "Dream Zanarkand" came to be and Tidus and his family we're a fragment of that Dream Zanarkand.

"You know, we're pretty tired of dreaming. Do you mind if we rest?"

Although Tidus knew all along that Sin's permanent disappearance and Yuna's life would cost him his own existence, he still continued and sacrificed himself, not divulging to Yuna anything about his consequence. And now that Sin is gone for good, the Fayth may finally rest knowing that chaos and turmoil has finally been set aside. No longer do they have to dream about Zanarkand.

Masamune·1600
09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I pray that you do not take this too offensively Masamune-1600 but Dream Zanarkand never was a location in the physical map of Spira. You might be referring the Zanarkand Ruins that's existent in the "real" Spira. But then again, Dream Zanarkand is just...what it says! A dream! That's the exact words of Bahamut's Fayth.

"This isn't a dream. That's because you ARE a dream. Your father, your mother, and the entire Zanarkand. They're all just dreams."

Well, they may not be the exact words of the Fayth but still they prove the exact point. He DID exist but only as a dream and not as a real person.

And it wasn't the summoning that linked Dream Zanarkand to Spira but the Fayth themselves. Since before the Eternal Calm, Sin reconquered on a decade basis hence the Fayth had to continue existing to give power to the Summoners. It was only when Sin has expired permanently that the Fayth may finally gain eternal rest and cease dreaming.

Since Zanarkand and its Summoners and Aeons lost the Machina War between Bevelle that took place a thousand years ago, the surviving citizens of Zanarkand transformed themselves into Fayths. And to somehow keep their Zanarkand alive, they gathered their memories and materialized them to create a whole new imaginary Zanarkand thus "Dream Zanarkand" came to be and Tidus and his family we're a fragment of that Dream Zanarkand.

"You know, we're pretty tired of dreaming. Do you mind if we rest?"

Although Tidus knew all along that Sin's permanent disappearance and Yuna's life would cost him his own existence, he still continued and sacrificed himself, not divulging to Yuna anything about his consequence. And now that Sin is gone for good, the Fayth may finally rest knowing that chaos and turmoil has finally been set aside. No longer do they have to dream about Zanarkand.

I'm afraid you have several notions confused. While it's commonly believed that Dream Zanarkand is an alternate dimension/another plane of existence, the fact remains that it is an actual physical location on Spira, merely far removed from physical locations the characters travel to in the game. This has been confirmed by the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega guide, which designates it as official SE canon.

In our case, the "Dreaming" and the "Summoning" are essentially synonymous. It would actually be fairly accurate to think of Dream Zanarkand and its citizens as Aeons. The memories of the Fayth were being summoned from within Sin, by Yu Yevon.

Fayth: The remaining summoners and the townspeople that survived the
war... They all became fayth-fayth for the summoning.

Tidus: The summoning... You mean Sin?

Fayth: No. I mean this place. A Zanarkand that never sleeps.

Tidus: What?

Fayth: The dreams of the fayth summoned the memories of the city. They
summoned all the buildings, all the people who lived there.

Tidus: The people... What, they're all dreams? Me, too?

Fayth: Yes, you're a dream of the fayth. You, your father, your mother,
everyone. All dreams. And if the fayth stop dreaming...

Obviously, when considered in correct context, it's clear that the term "dream" can be fairly misleading.

In any case, when the exertion of the Summoning ended, so did the "Dreaming." The force which physically bound Tidus to Spira was removed, and he died as a result.

Shadowdeathrose
09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
actually tidus did exits and jecht at 1 point in time becuase the fayth dreamt up a zanarkand exactly the same as the 1 they lost eg ppl buildings (blitzball) and even animals

Motaro
09-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow, so many interpretations of this ending.

Anniexo
09-17-2005, 11:06 PM
the ending mead me cry :cry:

Yliette
09-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Whoa! At least that clarified a lot of points!

But still he didn't exist in reality's process but a synthetic creation of the Fayth! IOW they DID exist but not as "real" people. They weren't part of Spira's history and they never experienced the Machina War between Bevelle.

And another thing I still haven't figured out, how did Jecht get stranded in Spira ten years ago?

KH-Cloudy
09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
the fayth was resting thats why tidus disappearedand in ffx-2 i think the fayth isnt resting anymore so thats why hes back.

xox LiNdZ
10-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I thought the ending was really sad. I cried during it, especially when Yuna said 'I love you' , but I do that a lot during games. Anyway, I thought it was the saddest ending out of all the final fantasy's I've played.

Levitating Nun
10-03-2005, 09:39 AM
The ending was good. Finallt something that was not a happy ending. FFX-2 screwed that up :(

Rubix
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
It was sad, but not too sad