PDA

View Full Version : Better or worse Square Soft/Enix

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Since Square enix was the new thingy, the games have changed alot, battle styles, gameplay (like being able to jump) and also the games seem to be alot more happier...
My personal fave was ff7, and that was most prob the most dark ff game.
But what do you think better or worse, square soft... square enix????

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Wrong forum again. Please try to get wise to this if you're going to keep making threads.

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 12:54 PM
man im crap at this

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Square Enix is more catchy but.... I'd have to go with SquareSoft because they have made all the best ff's, i mean. c'mon, FF X-2 was really crap.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
For the millionth time, FFX-2 preceded the merger, and the merger didn't affect anything anyway.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 03:28 PM
But it was the worst in the non old skool ff's.

Shoeberto
08-11-2005, 06:35 PM
But it was the worst in the non old skool ff's.

For the millionth time, FFX-2 preceded the merger, and the merger didn't affect anything anyway.
I just love arguments like this.

Sephex
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Yes. People really need to do their research. The merger didn't really do anything significant.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 07:45 PM
It was good like, but...... not as good as any of the others. yeah, i always get into arguments one way or the other.

DJZen
08-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Since Square enix was the new thingy, the games have changed alot, battle styles, gameplay (like being able to jump) and also the games seem to be alot more happier...
My personal fave was ff7, and that was most prob the most dark ff game.
But what do you think better or worse, square soft... square enix????

and now, a reprisal...

I CAN'T READ YOUR CRAZY MOON LANGUAGE!!!!

kikimm
08-12-2005, 03:29 AM
This thread makes me cringe.

The question doesn't make much sense either, since the merge, as has been stated (and will be countless times in the future) because they're still, like...the same company. X-2 would have "sucked" or "rocked" with or without the -enix. =/ Same goes for all games that they have yet to produce. :)

:D

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2005, 09:01 PM
squaresoft. They made FFVII, FFVIII, and Threads of Fate as Squaresoft.

DJZen
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
They also made Square's tom Sawyer, King's Knight and FFX-2 as Squaresoft. Frankly though, I think Enix is probably worse off for the merger, while Square is eating up the profits. It feels a lot like they should change the company logo to SQUARE-enix. We've gotten one Enix property (one upcoming) and 6 Square properties released THAT I CAN REMEMBER OFFHAND. Harumph.

Necron
08-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Who did they merge with?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Texaco.

black orb
08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
>>> I think the merging was a great idea specially for Enix, just look at Dragon Warrior VIII.

§hĺd0w
08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
And look at all the upskirt shots that were in FFX-2 :love:

But seriosuly, Enix's material seemed questionable to me at times before the merge.

DJZen
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
How so?

Dreddz
08-20-2005, 03:05 PM
well, Square Enix hasnt really had the time to make a Game
FFX-2 already had its principles and settings/atmosphere
I know better games from Squaresoft, so its Squaresoft
But Square-Enix can fully show what they have got with FFXII....

Prancing Mad
08-22-2005, 04:35 AM
FF12 had better be good, that's all I gotta say. Enix made some sweet RPGs, Squaresoft made sweet RPGs, so together, they own the field. The upcoming games had better be good though. I've waited so long for the next FF. 11 doesn't count since it was online.

DJZen
08-22-2005, 08:38 PM
VII didn't count because it was futuristic. :rolleyes2

Yuna Braska 19
08-23-2005, 03:16 AM
That is the Best Game ever!!!
^___^

FFX_fanatiq
08-27-2005, 04:42 PM
squaresoft.
ffx(FANTASTIC)
ff7(FANTASTIC)

enix
ffx-2(HORRIBLE RANCID AWFULL)

done

Sepho
08-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Enix didn't develop Final Fantasy X-2, though. The merger only affects business/corporate decisions anyway. They still for the most part (if not completely) make games indepentently of each other other.

Besides, collaborating on a few development projects probably wouldn't be a bad thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger).

blackmage_nuke
08-28-2005, 01:43 PM
sword of mana wasnt bad, i think it was square enix

i dont care what its called as long as its part square, but i guess having to put the space bar in the words square enix gets annoying for me, so i'll have to go with squaresoft

UWAOOOOU
08-28-2005, 01:54 PM
That is the Best Game ever!!!
^___^Thanks for clearing that up.

§hĺd0w
08-28-2005, 02:03 PM

i dont care what its called as long as its part square, but i guess having to put the space bar in the words square enix gets annoying for me, so i'll have to go with squaresoft

I still call them Square... and yes, SoM was developed by Square Enix

XxSephirothxX
08-28-2005, 02:21 PM
I won't pretend to really enjoy the Dragon Warrior games, from what I've played, but I'm guessing VIII will be fantastic. Overall I think they're a better company after the merger--they're more powerful now and can't exactly be forced to do whatever Sony wants. After the Spirits Within flop, Sony basically kept them out of bankruptcy by buying a lot of Square's stock, I believe, so they had an unsettling amount of control over what they could and couldn't do. Considering the amount of time they existed as Square and the much shorter amount of time they've been Square-Enix, it's unreasonable to expect them to be popping out as many good titles.

squareSOFT
08-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Judging the quality of SE games compared to Squaresoft games would be premature. However since Enix joined what has happened to the FF series? Delay,Delay,Delay. Fewer good non-series games are being released (Xenogears, Vagrant Story,) and we've got how many spinoffs to FF7 coming? I dont like the merger, but given the circumstances it was probably unavoidable.

Rengori
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM

I still call them Square... and yes, SoM was developed by Square Enix
And it was made by Square several years ago going under the identity "Final Fantasy Adventure".

DJZen
08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
since Enix joined what has happened to the FF series? Delay,Delay,Delay. Fewer good non-series games are being released (Xenogears, Vagrant Story,) and we've got how many spinoffs to FF7 coming? I dont like the merger, but given the circumstances it was probably unavoidable.

Count your lucky stars. FFI was released in the US FOUR YEARS after it came out in Japan. You want to talk about delays? Let's talk about FFVII, which was delayed several times, and then released BEFORE IT WAS FINISHED.

Final Fantasy has NOT been hurt by the merger. Dragon Warrior HAS been hurt. the chance to translate DQV finally came up when the game was remade for the PS2, and Squenix declined. When Kenshin Dragon Warrior came out, Squenix declined to bring it overseas. When Caravan Hearts came out, Squenix declined to translate it. When Slime Mori Mori came out, Squenix declined to bring it overseas.

By comparison you're being spoiled by how well Squenix is treating you as a FF fan. They're bringing you more and more and more Final Fantasy, and yet you complain that this is not to your liking. Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't like it, play something else. The world won't end because you didn't play a FF game, main series or no.

Rengori
08-29-2005, 07:49 AM
*opens eyes*BRING BACK DRAGON WARRIORS!