PDA

View Full Version : i need help with this game!!!

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 01:58 PM
on ff7 all my ppl rock and take of 9999, and i can rely on them...
on FF8 all my ppl lev 100, and they suck taking of around 3000 or somthing, i havent played it in a while but cud some one tell me how the hell u get your attack beter

ThePheonix
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Remodel weapons, Junction magic like Ultima or Metior to Str. and junction abilities like Str. +60%; on top of that, use meltdown on enemies, which can be refined from mystery fluids using status-RF ability, or drawn from high level bombs.

... and use Squall's triger.

TheAbominatrix
08-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Junction your stats, levels are not the key to success in VIII.

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 03:17 PM
re mod ya wepons and junction magic and abilitys

crazybayman
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Seriously go to the tutorial, and read up on everything there is to know on junctioning, and GF abilities. If you're in that situation at this point, there's way too much to explain to you in one post.

Also check out the FFVIII section and walkthrough at www.eyesonff.com. It'll tell you all about juntioning, and what magic to junction where.

Quick hints: Stick Meteor on Str-J and upgrade your gunblade to Lionheart. You can stick Ultima on Str-J for even more strength, but that's more useful on Elem-Def-J.

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Ok thats alot of help thanx, il look on the tut

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2005, 06:39 PM
everyone can be level 1 and be awesome if they're junctioned right.

Megalixir
08-11-2005, 07:38 PM

no one can be level 1 and be awesome. it just doesnt work that way. :love:

rubah
08-11-2005, 07:48 PM

But they can be level 8 and awesome.

Mo-Nercy
08-12-2005, 02:27 AM

But they can be level 8 and awesome.
A level 8 party with the best junctions in the game > A level 100 party with the same junctions.

Not that FF8 is a hard game, but you can make it even easier by playing low levels. For example, if you junction right and stay on a nice low level, Ruby Dragons can be beaten in 3-4 hits instead of 30-40.

My advice, if you ever play through FF8 again. Hold back on the leveling. Aim to get AP for your GFs and Card every monster you see to avoid experience.