PDA

View Full Version : Classes

Russ80
08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Forgive me if I am noobish, but I've never looked at a guide online for this game much. I haven't beaten it yet also.

I was wondering how you get such advanced classes, particularly stuff like Ninja and Dragoon. All I can get (for fighters) is like squire, knight, monk, and thief. I haven't ever used a thief, but I've mastered squire and knight in my main character (Ramza, is it? Mine's named Russ :D ). I'm also working on a monk, but it takes soooo many JP. 1200 for Hamedo???

I have a lot of magic classes, I think:
Chemist, Wizard (black), Priest (white), Yin Yang (w/e, forgot the name), Oracle (blue is it? I think.), Summoner (duh.), Time (duh again.), mediator (talk? Does it have a color?).

They also take an assload of JP to master. Esecially ones like Wizard, 1-4 of all three types, ugh.... @_@

So where/how do I get these classes? I'm probably gonna have to start my game over, as I think I'm stuck just before Weigraf in chapter 3 (Rionnes or something castle), so this would be good to know.

Also, what kind of basic party do you recommend? What classes should I get for my main char? Currently,
1) my main is a squire/knight (guts/battle skill) (and not getting any real JP cept for a few in monk b/c he is still squire class, but I don't want to sacrifice his equipment for any other type of class :( ).
2) I also have a wizard w/ summoning (black/summoning),
3) a priest w/ not much (white/item) (currently it's set to item, but she's got some oracle/mediator/yin yang, mostly yin yang. I use all the MP for white magic though, so she's gonna master that first),
4) a monk w/ mastered knight (punch thingy/battle skill),
5) and that holy knight b/c her stuff is sweet.

What I really want is like a ninja or something (I saw them coming to rionnes castle, MAN do I want two attacks!) instead of the monk, and something else for my main dude. A holy knight class or similar (at least SOMETHING so that he has a ranged spell type thing) would be awesome, b/c I wouldn't have to sacrifice my armor and sword or a skill (like gained JP up, that thing is awesome! So's weapon guard) and he would get stuff like that chick, A-something (Aries? Lol I suck at names).

So, what're some tips from you pros? It's really wierd having to ask for help like this b/c usually I can figure out everything about a Final Fantasy game (I've played a lot, especially the old ones) and be pretty good at it (or at least beat it). But this game is so big and confusing (so many damn names and countries right from the start! It's like history class all over again) that I know I'm missing at least half of it.

O, and my general battle guide is to avoid random encounters as much as possible. Enemies seem to level up with you, so I just go straight from story battle to story battle (except for propositions, I do all of those).

And I don't think I need much help with equipment, it's really easy to get the best of everything just about all the time.

Russ80
08-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Haha, sorry for double post, but I feel REALLY noobish now. Looked up the classes page on the eoff site, so don't worry about that anymore guys.

But what do you use for your party? Do you just train up 5 guys? Or more? What do you consider good skills/classes?

And do you fight random battles? Are the main battles' enemies' stats fixed? Or do they go up like the random encounters do?

BG-57
08-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Early in the game, you should train Ramza and four generic soldiers, who will do the bulk of your fighting in chapter 1.

Once you get Agrias and Mustadio, you'll only need to be training two of the generics. Eventually, you'll get enough unique characters that you'll never need to fight with generics again. But don't dismiss all of them if you want to do propositions!

I find that most unique characters work best in their default occupation with Math Skills as a secondary ability.

Also save some room in your roster for monsters. You can get some really nifty items by poaching them plus some make really neat allies.

Most bosses have fized levels and stats so you can always overlevel and overpower them. In random battles the enemies are generally the same level as your party.

My advice is to fight and train a lot in random battles between boss fights. Once the best weapons and armor you have is not working against random encounters, advance the plot. Generally after advancing the plot, shops will sell better weapons and armor.

Sasquatch
08-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, there are two key tips for cheating on equipment (item-dupe trick) and JP (get a crapload), but I won't tell you them yet.

Each Job requires a you to be at certain levels of other Jobs -- Just as you need to get to Lv. 2 Chemist before you can get to Priest or Wizard, some Jobs require you to be at certain levels with multiple Jobs. But you also, I believe, get JP for certain Jobs from other party members of that Job who gain JP. Like, if you have a Monk in your party, for every so many JP he earns, if Ramza's in the same battle with him, Ramza will earn some JP for Monk, too. I have characters with eight and nine hundred JP in Jops they've never been before. A little more, and my Ramza will have Hamedo.

Make the guy who's mastered Knight into an Archer, and give him a bow, never a crossbow. (Crossbows have a fixed range of 4, but Bows have a range of 5, plus they can shoot over things, plus their range increases when you're at a higher altitude.) That way, he can do his Break abilities from a distance.

Make your women your magic-users, as females have higher Magic and lower Physical power.

And get Ramza some new abilities. Sure, the equipment is nice, but keeping him alive doesn't help much if you can't do much with him. I'd go for Lancer (then you still get the heavy armor, plus a weapon with a range of 2, plus the Jump abilities, PLUS -- and this is a big one -- the Ignore Height movement trait, which helps out quite a bit), or Ninja when you get it, or Samurai. The Two-Sword ability from Ninja comes in handy, as does the Two-Hands from Samurai -- especially with Counter.

My brother swears by Calculators. I've never been too interested in the random stuff, but he loves the Math Skills.

While you're at it. If Ramza has mastered Squire, he should have Cheer Up, which raises Brave by 5. Use it. Use it every chance you get. Because even though it's only up 5 until that battle ends, for every 4 it goes up or down, 1 is permanent. So if you raise your Brave four times in a battle and it's twenty more than what it was before, when you get out of the battle, it'll permanently be five more than it was before.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Right now Im Doing the Monsters Only Challange, hehe, try that, its hard. Right now im Stuck.... got Ramza as an Oracle hes like lvl 19 and i Cant seem to Win a Fight with him Solo :(

Russ80
08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
thanks. I gave up my first game as doomed. Since I didn't have a save before that string of battles in Riovanes, I decided I'd never beat that bastard.

So anyway, I'm doing pretty good so far. Ramza is a samurai, and I'm going for ninja. He has the blade ___ thingy. That's really good for evasion, right?

I also have another samurai that's almost a ninja. She has the blade leave (is that it?) thing too.

They both have HP restore as a backup for that slot.

I have a ninja w/ equip armor that's can also be a samurai. She's gonna get two swords, then start mastering Samurai.

I have two people that I'm pushing to calculators. One of them needs just two levels of oracle and she'll have it (she's also my highest level, 14). She has short charge.

The other is a little less far along :) She has the priest/oracle parts done, but almost none of the wizard/time mage. She's about 7-8 levels below the other one. That's because she's my kind of alternate one, the one I didn't use in battles where I could only choose four.

----

I am gonna get two swords on ramza, then master squire and samurai.

The other Samurai is gonna be like that too, but w/o focusing on squire too much.

Then the ninja is going to, i dunno, be a samurai too? Or maybe just a ninja. Not sure yet.

The two calculators, are, well, calculators. I have never had a calc before, so I dunno what I'm gonna do with em. I'll probably go and max white magic on one and black on another. O yeah, i'll have to make one a summoner too. I don't have any summons yet.

I just played an HOUR long battle. It was SO FUCKING ANNOYING. It was the one in Goug where Mustadio makes Russ give the "stone" to Rudvich (or whatever his name is) b/c he sees his father. The damn thieves kept charming my guys! And then my guys (who basically all have item) REVIVED THE ENEMY. This happened with a summoner, who procedded to heal him self back up, and an archer, who got healed too! And for the longest time whenever I revived either my white mage or my black mage (very annoying to have them both dead), and archer would get teh next turn and kill em right back! However I had to do this so I didn't lose anyone. And mustadio kept healing himself with a potion 30 points, then a thief would hurt him thirty! He must have done that for 10 rounds at least! I ended up using like 30 phoenix downs AND potions!!!!

And this is after taking out both the summoners in like 5-10 minutes. -_- 50 minutes of 2 thieves and 2 archers. AAARRRRGGHHH!!

And the damn archers would always block my attacks and spells. It was so annoying. One time I cast fire on Ramza and an Archer to kill it (I was that fed up), and the archer blocked it and Ramza took 77 damage! He had HP restore though, so that saved him a LOT.

After that I spent all my money on equipment in the next town, but luckily there were two job thingys in goug and the next town (they are right next to each other, so no danger!) that gave me like 10k and 20K gold.

Lich3636
08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
lol i remember when my friend was borrowing this game and was under lvd for the weigraf fight and didnt save before it had to equip move +2 and set main job to mnk and it was a good hour of wave fist, run charka, accumulate repeat

Russ80
08-14-2005, 12:46 AM
thats a LOT of SE games.^^

---

I'm almost back to wiegraf. I've completely abandoned my calculators lol. Got Ramza mastered as squire and he has both two swords and blade stance (god I can't remember what it's actually called. I've looked at it so many times :p). He also has equip armor and I'm currently training him as a ninja with guts as secondary (and blade thingy, equip armor, and move +2).

I am also using two samurai, both with two swords and the blade thing too. They are pretty much just heavy hitters, but they have item for potions.

I am also using mustadio as a chemist (w00t, he can use his gun! I also need him to get hipotion at least, potions aren't cutting it anymore.) with engineer mastered and equip armor too.

My last person is Agrias (duh), who has Holy Knight (or what ever it is, white? light?) mastered. I was going to have her train as a lancer, but she apparently needs to have a knight sword or something to do her holy sword stuff. GAY. So she's a knight for now. If I'd known that I would have bought equip sword before equip armor. I'm gonna get equip sword and then train her as a lancer. Should be sweet.

I've been working on my brave. Ramza has like 87, my samurai have ~80, and agrias (although it doesn't matter much, yet. She has no points towards the evasion blade thingy) has like 70-75. Mustadio is a regular coward, 61! (I haven't used cheer up on him more than like twice though.)

I think eventually I'll use my calculator/other one as a mediator to lower my faith. Haven't gotten around to it yet though, it will be tedious! :mad:

So, ramza is gonna master ninja, the samurai are gonna master samurai, Adrias is gonna master lancer (or at least some of it, the long ones), then maybe knight (although I won't be able to use jump + holy sword unless I'm wasting my JP in either of those jobs :( ).

Should I level up ramza until he has autopotion or would HP restore do the trick?

Any other jobs you guys recommend? I was gonna level Ramza in Lancer, but you can't use two spears at once! So, not wanting to waste two swords I abandoned it. :)