PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Super Mario RPG

Ashley Schovitz
08-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Remember this game. Oh the memories, the first time Mario and bowser stood side by side to destroy a giant sword that took over his castle. Perhaps one of the best memories was the fight against the tough wedding cake. http://www.mariomonsters.com/bundt/screen_bundt01.jpg This game was really expensive for a supernes game, wish I could've bought it now.

Sephex
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm glad I was still just young enough where I got my mom to buy it for me (I think because I got good grades in late Jr. High). In fact, now I remember. I also got it on the day of my birthday.

This is a great game I still go back and play once in awhile. I recently played through Paper Mario 2, and that made me want to go back for another run through Mario RPG. Booster's fortress rules, if only for the part where you can make Mario look like the 8-bit version (in Paper Mario 2 they let you do that also).

DMKA
08-12-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm the only person in the world who thought it was garbage, apparently.

Meat Puppet
08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I played it for a couple of seconds, not long enough to make a fair judgement of it.

auronfan1
08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
it was fun for its time but i went in my snes stash i played it and i said wow this is crap know a days but i still love

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's still one of the most beautiful games ever. It holds up incredibly well.

Nick Schovitz
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh yes I remember this one of the first. It got Final Fantasy started on putting in hidden games and secrets, don't y'all remember that guy in the sewer that would turn you into a scarecrow with his armpit?

Giga Guess
08-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Loved it, LOVED IT, LOOOOOOOVED IT! So much fun! So addictive.

KentaRawr!
08-18-2005, 07:40 PM
My first RPG by Square...ah, good times...good times...

Dudius
08-19-2005, 12:01 AM
I played it on a ROM first time through with all of the graphic enhancements. Then when I came around to the actuall SNES version I couldn't really look at it. It's a good game, but I guess I was used to looking at smoother graphics.

abrojtm
08-19-2005, 03:28 AM
These graphics were fudging awesome for their time. I loved this game.

Mario-Geno-Peach forever!

Nick Schovitz
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Back then Peach was known as Princess toadstool. This one time when I rented it someone had a file with princess having a frying pan and a 100 red incence. But What do you think was the hardest boss for the game? For Me it was that Crystal Koolin guy. You know that hiden boss nearby Jin's place, you know that tiny little guy that did fighting moves and would give you his belt if you beat him. Yep That Crystal Guy was tough you had to defeat his crystals first in order to beat him.
DAMN Man. Ashley thinks that Smithy was the hardest. He wasn't to me, I had a lot of rock candy.

Giga Guess
08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Culex doesn't count.

Valentina/Dodo wasn't fun AT ALL.

strawberryman
08-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Geno > All

XxSephirothxX
08-29-2005, 01:15 AM
I've only played the rom, and never completed it, but from what I played, it was a fantastic game. Lighthearted, funny, and a blast to play.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/forpower.png

Nick Schovitz
08-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah I see that Administrator.

abrojtm
08-29-2005, 04:24 AM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It didn't work.
Hardest boss? Culex or Valentina/Dodo or maybe the Axem Rangers. I just hated it when Dodo would take the princess away and I couldn't heal.

Jeffro027
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah it was fun. Painfully short though

Captain Maxx Power
09-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Sheer genius. They didn't make such a great collaboration until Kingdom Hearts.

Cruise Control
09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
It was awesome, Bowsers eyes left his sockets LOL.

The puppet dude totally kicked ass. Started with a G I think.

bipper
09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Sheer genius. They didn't make such a great collaboration until Kingdom Hearts.

SMrpg > colaboration than KH will ever hope to be! I thought the game was excedingly great. I am kinda duprised it doesn't have its own forum :D

bipper

Velld Ragnarok
09-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Remember this game. Oh the memories, the first time Mario and bowser stood side by side to destroy a giant sword that took over his castle. Perhaps one of the best memories was the fight against the tough wedding cake. http://www.mariomonsters.com/bundt/screen_bundt01.jpg This game was really expensive for a supernes game, wish I could've bought it now.

Yes! The wedding cake is the thing I remember the most also. He was hard. >.> Also the little mine roller coatser I remember quite well and the place I left off at the caves. Never did get around to finishing the game. It was really good though.

Germ Hamee
09-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow, the memories. The only reason I wanted to play it as a kid was because I loved Mario and the graphics were incredible. (It was the closest to 3D I had ever seen) I got it and I remember staring at the box for the longest time trying to figure out what RPG meant. XD

It was my first RPG, and I'm glad I was introduced to the genre with it. I actually have Geno's Forest as my ringtone. Everybody looks at my like I'm a flaming idiot when my cell rings, but they don't know the badassness of Geno, do they?

I wish I could find something like it again. I played Paper Mario thinking it would be similar, and... eh. Not so much.

Giga Guess
09-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it's just not the same, is it?

Kiwi Nazi
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
All this talk about Mario RPG makes me wanna cry. I loved fighting the Axem Rangers, I always hoped they'd make a sequel or better yet. A Geno spinoff, they couldn't go wrong with that.

Trumpet Thief
10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
chaos: Much like Giga Guess, I simply loved the game. I purchased it when I was around, maybe eight or nine, or maybe ten. I played it over and over again.

Rubedo: My toughest battle was as well, either Valentina and Dodo, or Jinx (final encounter). Dodo always snatched away somebody, and then... I couldn't even last to beat him.

chaos: And Jinx always had those instant kill moves. Ugh...

Trowa: Square-Enix and Nintendo are currently working together to create Super Mario Basketball. If they are working together, that means they can use things from SMRPG. Perhaps they could make a sequel, no?

Lionx
10-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Instant death moves are preventable by a Safety Badge if i remember rightO_o

ShaunOfShadou
10-18-2005, 10:34 AM
My first RPG ever. I'll never forget unwrapping it on Christmas morning. :love:

Instant death moves are preventable by a Safety Badge if i remember rightO_o
You're thinking of the Safety Ring. That blocked out instant kills and all elemental attacks. The Safety Badge just protects you from status effects like Poison and Mushroom.

Dreddz
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
nahhh, I didnt like it....