08-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Opinions?

Aidan
08-12-2005, 02:45 AM
hah. 100% the best.

only because im the only voter...

Discord
08-12-2005, 02:56 AM
Heh, it's more like an interactive book than a game. But the soundtrack is good.

Vyk
08-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Pretty much yeah. I thought I'd try it for a change of pace. Not so Radical. But I can't knock it.

G SpOtZ
08-12-2005, 03:48 AM
i don't have the satellaview thing or whatever it's called. and if i did i still wouldnt' get it. when i play a game i don't expect it to be a book...

Discord
08-12-2005, 10:49 AM
You can give it a go. Just go to google.com and look for "Radical Dreamers ROM". Then go here (http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/) and get the patch to translate it in english.

You need a SNES emulator for playing it though, where SNES 9x is pretty much the best.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I love it.

Dignified Pauper
08-12-2005, 03:58 PM
It's decent, but I've only beat one option, not all of them.

Dark Matter
08-12-2005, 05:21 PM
damn! I thought you're referring to the theme song of Chrono Cross at first.
I should've picked this option "... something I've never heard of!"

btw, "Radical Dreamers" is one of the best song!! :) I can even sing the song (with lyrics)..hehe

p/s: How can I download "Radical Dreamers ROM"? A direct link will help a lot, thanks!

Discord
08-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I think this one will do, but I didn't test it:

http://chrono.lunar-net.com/cc/rd/radical.smc

Anyhow, is that just my version or is this game very, very short? I mean, the game ends in the middle of the most climatic moment.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
It's short because it's a Satellaview game. At least they tried to make up for it by giving you plenty of opportunities to die and making seven different story scenarios.

Discord
08-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I haven't played Chrono Cross yet, but the atmosphere of the game is a lot different from Chrono Trigger. It actually reminded me a little of "Thief". But seriously, they can't just end the game in the middle of the most interesting moment, i.e.Kid being seperated from Serge.(not sure how much sense it makes to insert a spoiler here, but nevermind)

As I said, I didn't play CC yet, but I read that it has hardly anything to do with the charaters from Radical Dreamers, appart from the names. Is this true or do they cover parts of the RD storyline?

Destai
08-13-2005, 08:40 PM
As I said, I didn't play CC yet, but I read that it has hardly anything to do with the charaters from Radical Dreamers, appart from the names. Is this true or do they cover parts of the RD storyline?From what Ive read Chrono Cross is the Radical Dreamers storyline and more. It was mainly about stealing the frozen flame from Viper Manor I think. I havent played/read it though. Ive only read about it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Officially, RD takes place in a universe that's parallel to the ones in CC. (Parallel universes are the main aspect of CC's story.) So, you can still say it happened, even though it has no bearing on the events that take place in CC. There are numerous RD references throughout the game.
Serge is around, but instead of being the narrator, he now says nothing at all. Quite the turnaround, there.
Kid is in the game and is probably the character who most resembles her RD self. She's still a member of the Radical Dreamers gang of thieves, but she's actually...the only member. Heh. Basically, she spreads rumors about the notorious Radical Dreamers so that people will freak when she tells them she's a member.
Magil, who is really Magus, was set to appear, but as time went on in the game's development, they couldn't find a way to fit him into the story in a significant way, so they did away with it. So instead, you have a character that looks, moves, and fights just like Magil/Magus...but it's not actually him.
Lynx and the Frozen Flame figure largely in the plot.
Miss Riddel and Viper Mansion.
The Elranzer sword.
There's a location in the game where you can read the prologue from RD. This is where it's implied that RD is going on in an alternate universe.
Several of the game's songs are directly based on RD songs.

Discord
08-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Aha... thanks, but my question is, do you ever find out what happens in the Radical Dreamers universe from CC?:)

Thanks a lot for help though:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 10:28 AM
No. There are only references and allusions.

Discord
08-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Alrighty, thanks for info:)

Dudius
08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
It dissapointed me just because it wasn't what I expected. For like a year I was expecting another classic Crono game, but that sorta shattered when I pressed the Fast forward button on my zsnes to find it wasn't what I had expecting it to be. Im not saying it's a bad game, but it's a little disapointing to wait for a whole year and not get even close to what you had wanted.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I'd think in that whole year you'd have done some research and found out what RD was ahead of time.

Dudius
08-17-2005, 12:45 AM
nah all the sites that I saw (there weren't very many sites) just sorta said: "Chrono game almost translated" and only had a few screenshots... couldn't really tell from that. and of the many many posts that I had looked at about it, there weren't many people really talking about gameplay or anything like that, just talked about what it was about... that could've been a clue, but I was probably blinded by what I had hoped it would be.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2005, 01:32 AM
I'd say so, because I remember reading all about the game before it was even partially translated. Screenshots full of Japanese text and all.

Super Christ
08-18-2005, 06:25 PM
I recall waiting for three years for it to be translated, then on the night the translation came out playing and beating it. Afterwards the only thing I had to say was "That was so worth the wait."

But I'm a major Chrono nerd, so nyah.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-25-2005, 08:44 PM
For an interactive novel, it's the best, man. I got all the endings. It's fun to use savestates and see what all the choices do. The library is the funniest place ever.

For a video game in general, hmm, I don't think it holds well to, say, Xenosaga.

Oh, the translators released a script editor, and that's fun to mess around with.

Discord
08-26-2005, 09:08 PM
It was well preformed, had good soundtrack and set a nice atmosphere. It was quite short though, thats ok, but what I really found a little weird was that it ended in the middle of the most interesting point. I was just like, "Common go kill everyone and save Kid" or something, but then you get the cast screen. I though it was a little mean and CC doesn't continue the story either.