PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the money?

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Recently, Iīve started to feel like playing FF8 again.
The problem is, Iīve lent it to a pal, but Iīve also borrowed a game from her, which Iīve lost somewhere.
Iīll probably find it soon, though, itīs not THAT lost after all,
but now I canīt just claim my FF8 back, since that would be really rude, kinda like "Yo, I lost your game, give me my own back, now!"

Right now I consider buying a new copy, so that I donīt have to wait till Iīve found the game I borrowed from her.
Is that a good idea, you think?

Loony BoB
08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
No - if anything, you should be buying her a new copy of her game, explaining that you can't find her old copy, and then trade back. If you find the game again later on, then you've only gained a game out of it.

And if you don't find the game again, it's not good enough to say to someone "Oh, you can just keep the FFVIII I gave you instead." They should get the game back that they gave you. *nod*

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I never thought she should keep my own game.
But anyway, the game I borrowed was a PC game, donīt the game files save on the CD roms then?
If so, then itīs almost useless buying another copy, since that wouldnīt contain her saved files.

Loony BoB
08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I never thought she should keep my own game.
But anyway, the game I borrowed was a PC game, donīt the game files save on the CD roms then?
If so, then itīs almost useless buying another copy, since that wouldnīt contain her saved files.
You should buy her game because you lost her game. She is your friend, after all. If someone lost your game, I hope they'd buy a replacement for you, too.

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 11:45 AM
You should buy her game because you lost her game. She is your friend, after all. If someone lost your game, I hope they'd buy a replacement for you, too.

Well, yeah, I know that.
I just tried to find out if the games are saved on CD-rom or not.
Because if they were, then that would mean she loses all of her files, since they wonīt be on the new copy.

...but the files might get saved on the computer, and that would be a different story.

Loony BoB
08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Save files should save to the hard drive of the computer, yeah. So you shouldn't have to worry about that.

karatehero
08-12-2005, 01:51 PM
My buddy lost my game once. It was Goldeneye for N64. I had just gotten everything in the game. Doing the facility in under 3 minutes was impossible.

He immediately lost it after giving it to 10 different people. I had to buy a new one, and now I don't talk to him anymore. It was just ignorant, you know?

Buy him his game again!

udsuna
08-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, you should humbly apologize while providing them with a new copy of the game that you so rudely lost. It's the only right thing to do. Althoug I'd advise you make sure you didn't accidentally return the game, then forget about it, first. Just a thought. ;)

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, I was driven home by another friend when we left her house, and I think I brought the game with me TO the car, but not FROM the car, so chances are pretty high itīs still left in that car.

...so Iīm not screwed yet, you know, and she knows about that highly possible location! ;)
And as long as she doesnīt ask me how long she can borrow my own copy, it feels pretty much alright not to ask her the same question.
I actually think she thinks Iīve found it by now, since itīs actually pretty easy to do that (I just need to call the owner of the car) but alas, Iīm really slow-acting. :D

blackline77
08-12-2005, 11:33 PM
dont be cheap just buy her a new copy its only around 15-20$.

WHAT R FRIENDS FOR HUH?