PDA

View Full Version : DoS versions cooler than the originals?

Peter_20
08-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I´ve played the NES originals for quite a time now, and a few months ago I tried to DoS versions.
I thought it was pretty beautiful, everything, but it just wasn´t the same.
I constantly felt unused to the whole of the versions, and I simply wonder - will I think of them differently if I play them for a while?
Or will I prefer the originals for the rest of my life?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Well, there's only one way to know for sure, right? But nostalgia can make people rather dumb about these things, so depending on how fond your memories of the original version of are, DoS may never stand a chance.

Fireblade13
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
In your own opinion it is-Yoda Speach

cookieface
08-29-2005, 11:56 PM
In my opinion, yes the gba versions are better. They don't change any of the story, characters, or music, only add details to it. And the numbers are also changed around to a sane level. One thing that I can not stand in the originals is the messed up things they did to you. In FFIII, I rushed through all the way to the end, beat the 4 crystals in the dark world. Then found out beating the last boss was impossible because I didn't have enough Skill Points, which reset when you change job. That really made me sick, it was brutal. And there's no way to go back and save or anything, that's the worst part. You just get thrown in there with no warning that you're about to waste 2 hours for nothing. I don't like when those older FF games do stuff like that, and all 3 of them did it. That stuff is gone in dawn of souls

Captain Maxx Power
08-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Define cool for us all please.

DJZen
08-30-2005, 04:31 AM
Well they DID have the best translation of any game in the FF series. I still want to know how they managed to make "pudding princess" fit.

Peter_20
09-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Define cool for us all please.Well, better, more enjoyable and stuff.
I was just asking if I might think like that if I keep playing them.

SilverWind
09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I liked DOS alot. I just wish I was there to play the original for the NES.

Light Mage
09-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Well I've done it. I bought Dawn of Souls.

Now I have to wait until Monday to get my GBA back so I can try it out...

*is excited*

Peter_20
09-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I liked DOS alot. I just wish I was there to play the original for the NES.I play it on emulator.
I think any game that isn´t released here in Europe (I live in Sweden) is alright to play that way.
That´s my view, anyway.

---

Oh, and just for the record, FF3 has the best music on the NES (I LOVE "Time Remains"!),
followed by FF1 (Matoya´s Theme rocks!). :D

DJZen
09-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I just wish I was there to play the original for the NES.

ebay

Cecinda
09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
You can buy FFI on eBay for like, 10c or something stupid. The cartridge is massive, hah! I'd blush having it. Emulator for me, thanks ;-p