PDA

View Full Version : FFI super weapon

karatehero
08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I was reading a ditty on superplay movies, and I read this:

"Those of you not familiar with this game will be disappointed by the anticlimactic ending. There appears to be an uber-weapon that casts an uber-spell that kills literally everything in the game in one hit, even the final boss. It's pretty lame, though you can't exactly blame mookish for poor game design." -xebra

What do you think he's talking about. I read that in FFI dawn of souls you can get to some extra dungeons. Is that what he is refering to? I'm assuming that there aren't any super goodies in the PS remake of the game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
The only thing that comes to mind is the Bane Sword, but that's only reliable to use on Tiamat. Is it a tool-assisted run? If so, he could have used savestates to manipulate probability such that it would work every time.

scalper
08-12-2005, 10:09 PM
The only thing that comes to mind is the Bane Sword, but that's only reliable to use on Tiamat. Is it a tool-assisted run? If so, he could have used savestates to manipulate probability such that it would work every time.actually bane works on most monsters... not only tiamat but also kracken

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes, but it's described as killing every single enemy without fail, including Chaos, leading me to believe that it's tool-assisted.

scalper
08-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes, but it's described as killing every single enemy without fail, including Chaos, leading me to believe that it's tool-assisted.o i wasnt replying to that... i was just saying that bane does not only kill tiamat :D

karatehero
08-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I was reading that some versions of FF1 have extra dungeons? Is that true? Maybe its this Ultima Weapon that people mentioned?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2005, 10:30 PM
There are weapons that cast Flare and such, but that's still not enough to kill any of the tougher bosses in one hit.

karatehero
08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I finally watched the movie (I had a bunch of Codec problems that needed fixed).

It turns out that the guy in the video used the Bane Sword as an item in the game. I popped up saying "Poison Smoke" and killed anyone it touches. Even Chaos just was "Terminated".

Now, I know in those superplay movies they manipulate luck heavily so you won't get attacked, or can always run, etc...

I just wasn't aware that the Bane Sword could cause a 1 hit kill?

If you want to check it out, go here (http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/movies.cgi?systemid=1). If you want to watch it, you should probably watch the FCEU movie, unless you really want to download 212 Meg. I can write out instructions to tell anyone interested how to get them to work. It took me some fiddleing! :tongue:

Its official, I found this on gamefaqs:

The Bane Sword's use might elude you at first, given when and where you get it.
Finding a weapon on the first level of the Floating Palace would usually mean
it's going to be something of worth, yes? So what's the deal with this hunk of
orange metal, that can only be used by 3 Prestige classes and is actually
weaker (in damage) than the Silver Sword? Wellsir, it's uniqueness lies in is
magical ability; when used as an item, the Bane Sword casts the spell of BANE
on all enemies. As with other weapons that give an infinite use of spells,
this one's usefulness is instantly increased...and not because of its attack
power. It doesn't have much in the way of damage going for it, but it makes up
for it by allowing its wielder to cast an Insta-Kill spell whenever they want.
Since you do not have to have the Bane Sword equipped, this means that even a
simple White Mage (or, shoot, even a Black Belt) can have it in their inventory
and be able to use it! Rock!

Damage: 22
Hit %: 20
Cost: N/A (Sell Price: 30,000 Gil)
Purchase Locations: N/A
Find Locations: Floating Palace, 1st Floor
Who Can Equip It: Knight, Ninja, Red Wizard
Special Properties: When used as an item in battle, the Bane Sword casts the
spell BANE on all enemies. This is especially useful for
taking out enemies that are suceptable to it without
worrying about using magic to get the job done.

Edit by Kishi: Okay, but don't double-post.

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
08-17-2005, 04:05 AM
It turns out that the guy in the video used the Bane Sword as an item in the game. I popped up saying "Poison Smoke" and killed anyone it touches. Even Chaos just was "Terminated".

What the hell? I've never heard of "Poison Smoke". The Bane Sword only casts BRAK, and even then Chaos is invunerable to it (and every other instant death spell out there). IIRC, Tiamat is the only "tough" boss suspectable to it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2005, 04:08 AM
"Poison smoke" is the message that comes up when you cast BANE, which is what the Bane Sword casts.

karatehero
08-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I've never tried it. Does it work like how that game makes it look? I'll have to go home and try it (if I haven't sold it :mad2: )

Fireblade13
08-23-2005, 12:21 PM
In Dos It casts scourge and poison smoke rises from the ground.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Scourge and BANE are the same thing.

Fireblade13
08-23-2005, 05:21 PM
I knew that but BANE sounds like something from a werewolf.

Sefie1999AD
08-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I've never had Bane work against Tiamat even after trying it for turns. The Bane Sword is good against large groups of enemies as when you use the sword to cast Bane, it often kills at least a few of them if not half of them. However, it rarely works against bosses, and it doesn't even work on all the monsters. The only super weapon I can think of is having your Knight on level 50, equipped with Masamune and having Haste and loads of Steel and Saber (from Giant Gloves) spells cast on him. I've done 3500+ damage on Chaos and 5000+ damage on a Goblin that way. Against Chaos, that's nearly an instant kill in WSC and PSX versions. It takes a few turns to make it do that much damage, though.

karatehero
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I think the secret to the 1 hit kill on the bosses is some heavy manipulation of luck. When they do their speed runs, they restart and restart and restart until they get the effect they desired. I remember watching the Dragon Warrior speed run and I thought it was terrible. The guy never got attacked once while walking through the world, and when the dragon lord got put to sleep (which never ever happens) he stayed asleep while the guy took 1 HP off him each turn until he was dead. I mean, the only enemy the guy fought was metal slimes! What are the chances of that happening?

Kinda silly, but those runs are a showing of what CAN happen. So, I guess it is possible for the bane sword to kill everyone. It is a slim chance, but it can happen.

Fireblade13
08-26-2005, 09:29 PM
I've never had Bane work against Tiamat even after trying it for turns. The Bane Sword is good against large groups of enemies as when you use the sword to cast Bane, it often kills at least a few of them if not half of them. However, it rarely works against bosses, and it doesn't even work on all the monsters. It only works against tiamet 1 not tiamet 2