PDA

View Full Version : Tip to help catch choccoboo's

princevodlac
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
If you are having a hard time catching choccoboo's then read....

There isnt a easier way then mine....

when in battle with a choccoboo Just summon odin and he has a move that he commes down from a large cliff and slices everyones head off and kills everyone except for the choccoboo's. so this will instantly win you one..no matter ifs it a wonderful or fair....
This also saves money instead of buying greens...and this is not cheating....
note...incase you didnt know odin has two moves him and the choccobo summon are the only summons with two attacks....

Shoeberto
08-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I usually just waited until my characters were high enough level to kill all the overworld random encounters with one hit, then hoped that I could take out the encounter party quickly enough so that the chocobo didn't run away. Saved me money on greens.

Rednikcam
08-13-2005, 12:31 AM
I usually just attack with a weapon . . .

Mercen-X
08-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Odin's instant kill attack is called "Steel-Bladed Sword." I assume it was called this because the translators didn't think we'd accept Zantetsuken which we actually prefer. His second attack is reserved only for boss monsters because an instant kill wouldn't be fair. It is a spear throw attack called "Gunge Lance."

Choco/Mog's attacks are generated randomly. For the most part, you'll often see "Choco/Mog." However, on rare occasions, you can bare witness to the funny-looking "Fat Chocobo" dropping atop your enemies.

WildRaubtier
08-13-2005, 05:49 AM
Problem with the idea, Odin suffers from poor eyesight. He's not going to give you 100% results.