PDA

View Full Version : Help with ROM

Yevon
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
So I got a Windows XP SNES Emulator, and I download the english Final Fantasy 6 Rom. So Here I am, at the beginning, waiting for the credits (where you see 3 people walking in robotic suits or something to a glowing place at the beginning) and then it ends. But when it ends, it starts the beginning (when you first pick up and play the game) again and goes through the process, seeing the three people near that canyon, then heading east off to the village again. Am I doing something wrong

Flying Mullet
08-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Make sure you select a new game. If you just let the intro go until the game "starts" it just loops the beginning story I believe.

Yevon
08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
How may I select a new game. I am using zsnes and I'm just wondering how

Flying Mullet
08-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Hmm, good point. I think that if there aren't any saves on the game that it runs straight to a new game. I'm assuming that you are hitting a button on the title screen to start the game? Or are you just waiting for the title screen to finish and watching the story? (i.e. not hitting any buttons?)

Yevon
08-12-2005, 08:31 PM
I press keys like Enter, Z or something that will do something like Start on SNES

I need to know the controls for ZSNES, doesn't show :(

Tama2
08-12-2005, 08:33 PM
So up to the top menu I think it's like tools or somethin. Look for joypad input.
Wait just get Snes9x. It's better. If ya need a site just tell me. I know the bset site. (well oine of the best,)

Yevon
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok, the start button is start. I press enter AS SOON as the first Final Fantasy III comes up as I boot the game. When do I press start, after the intro?

Flying Mullet
08-12-2005, 08:44 PM
press start anytime when the Final Fantasy III is showing with the orangish background of clouds.

Tama2
08-12-2005, 08:44 PM
what ZSNES you got?

Yevon
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
The newest version. So before the Final Fantasy III? Ok this is what happens. Ok Final Fantasy III comes up at boot up of game. Ok then it fades away and then we got too 2 guys and a girl under a slave spell or something, talking about the aeons or something. Then one guy sais Blah blah blah Move east! Ok so I see these guys walking, walking until I see a mountain rise with some glowing lights. Then when they stop walking, and when the screen fades it begins again

Tama2
08-12-2005, 08:57 PM
press Z or X

Yevon
08-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks! That did the trick. For a moment I thought my rom was corrupted but what you said helped. Thanks!

Tama2
08-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Snes9x is still better. I don't like ZSnes.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
08-13-2005, 08:28 AM
The same thing happened to me 6-7 years ago when I first played FF6.
An on-line friend had sent me an emulator and ROM.
I was new to the whole concept.
I said to him, OH MY GOD YOU CAN PLAY SUPER NINTENDO ON YOUR COMPUTER?!?!?!
It just seemed so remarkable at the time!
The beginning sequence kept looping and I asked my friend, uh how do I play?
So whew, I'm not the only one who didn't know how to start the game at first.
He will always have a special place in my heart for introducing me to Final Fantasy though.
It's an awesome game, I hope you love it as much as we do here on the board!
:love: